Seborrheic dermatitis and the intestines

Maniek1300

Hello I am 40 years old, I have been suffering from seborrheic dermatitis for almost 30 years. I came to the forum after losing the fight with the disease. So far, I don't know what's wrong with me, doctors only prescribe new shampoos and pastes for my scalp. If it does not help, only the drug IZOTEK remains. I've asked a lot of questions in various forums from what I've seen ACV and baking soda help. Due to the lack of results, I kept looking. As of today, I have lost more than half of my hair, you can see some highlights in the scalp.​

My psyche is very weak and I am depressed. Nobody can help me. I am reading this forum what a colleague writes here that there is piroctone olamine on SD - I used these shampoos. The improvement is that it itches less, but the scales stuck to the scalp all the time. I am fed up and I do not want to live with this disease. Thank you for all your help and answers in the forums. There was one more way to check my intestines.
Thank you to my colleagues from the forum who support me and gave me a lead. Now my question is how to start repairing the intestines, how to eat, what to do to keep the intestines healthy. I am asking for any information whether seborrheic dermatitis may be related to the intestines.
Sorry for the spelling but I'm using the translator

GorillaHead

Hello I am 40 years old, I have been suffering from seborrheic dermatitis for almost 30 years. I came to the forum after losing the fight with the disease. So far, I don't know what's wrong with me, doctors only prescribe new shampoos and pastes for my scalp. If it does not help, only the drug IZOTEK remains. I've asked a lot of questions in various forums from what I've seen ACV and baking soda help. Due to the lack of results, I kept looking. As of today, I have lost more than half of my hair, you can see some highlights in the scalp.​

My psyche is very weak and I am depressed. Nobody can help me. I am reading this forum what a colleague writes here that there is piroctone olamine on SD - I used these shampoos. The improvement is that it itches less, but the scales stuck to the scalp all the time. I am fed up and I do not want to live with this disease. Thank you for all your help and answers in the forums. There was one more way to check my intestines.
Thank you to my colleagues from the forum who support me and gave me a lead. Now my question is how to start repairing the intestines, how to eat, what to do to keep the intestines healthy. I am asking for any information whether seborrheic dermatitis may be related to the intestines.
Sorry for the spelling but I'm using the translator

U ever try azelaic acid?

mrchibbs

Yes, there is every indication that seborrheic dermatitis is linked to intestinal health and mineral/vitamin absorption in the gut.

Topicals never treat the problem.

The skin is often quickly reflects inflammation in the intestines.

There is much information on this forum, but it's going to take some reading/experimenting.

Nebula

Yes, there is every indication that seborrheic dermatitis is linked to intestinal health and mineral/vitamin absorption in the gut.

Topicals never treat the problem.

The skin is often quickly reflects inflammation in the intestines.

There is much information on this forum, but it's going to take some reading/experimenting.
I’m noticing a better scalp in a long time from topical vitamin D on wrists and a multivitamin currently. Sebum seems to be normalizing. Digestion consistently much better too. It’s not perfect yet, but I think I’m on the right track. I might try supplementing some topical vitamin A next.

mrchibbs

I’m noticing a better scalp in a long time from topical vitamin D on wrists and a multivitamin currently. Sebum seems to be normalizing. Digestion consistently much better too. It’s not perfect yet, but I think I’m on the right track. I might try supplementing some topical vitamin A next.

Well the topical vitamin D gets absorbed systemically so that makes sense.

OP
M

Maniek1300

How to use vitamin D topically and in what doses. Are these supposed to be drops.

OP
M

Maniek1300

Thank you for the information, I wonder why an antibiotic such as Metronidazole and Tetracyclinum TZF helps my scalp. When I stop taking it after two weeks I have a recurrence of seborrheic dermatitis.

Bodrum

Thank you for the information, I wonder why an antibiotic such as Metronidazole and Tetracyclinum TZF helps my scalp. When I stop taking it after two weeks I have a recurrence of seborrheic dermatitis.
Same experience.. it goes away with antibiotics and comes back after couple weeks...

Borz

Forum Supporter
After doing a course of Nystatin (prescribed by my G.I. doctor) for a suspected fungal overgrowth in the intestines after multiple rounds of antibiotics for SIBO, I got seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and behind ears. I mean right after the Nystatin treatment. It's been months and I still have it. nothing else was different in my diet or supplement regimen. I've never had seborrheic dermatitis before. It's really puzzling. I haven't followed up with my doctor again yet so I don't have his input.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals