Seborrheic Dermatitis Thread

yerrag

[I'm no longer using the Edit function. I'll just create another post. @charlie does the edit function not allow saves the way an original posting would? I've lost a few well-thought paragraphs only to see them lost when I happen to press one hotkey combination of Google's Chromebook unintentionally that moves me away from my edit window(which happens so often I wish I could disable all the hotkeys in Chromebook) ]

Doxy or mino is only a temporary solution to removing SD. Its use causes a bacteria to be killed in a way that doesn't produce SD. Without these antibiotics, our body's white blood cells, often the neutrophils kills the bacteria through phagocytosis, and the by-products or waste from this interaction gets released through the scalp and produces SD.

Still, it's a good way to know that the SD is caused by bacterial infection when antibiotics resolve them. But since we can't keep taking antibiotics, we'll have to find out where the source of the bacteria is coming from, and remove the source. In my experience, I've found the source to be from periodontal infection, which could be hidden from us and not even be detected by dental x-rays. We would find out about it after the infection has festered for years (mine was at least 15 years).

During this time the infection would have released so much bacteria to the blood, and not all the bacteria would be destroyed by the immune section. The ones that get way get lodged in the vast network of the vascular system, in the blood vessels. Even when the periodontal infection is removed, these bacteria are constantly being released from plaque and as they are released, they become active, having been awakened from dormancy.

So, even after the source of infection has been removed, the effects continue. SD is the least we have to worry about. High blood pressure would also result. And when we get old and get carted to the ICU, these bacteria, being opportunistic and knowing it's time to pounce, will get us to the other world very easily. Taking strong antibiotics would only produce plenty of endotoxins, and these endotoxins could very well overwhelm the weak immune system of an old man, and sepsis would take hold. Which is probably why many people in their old age would die of sepsis.

YUPEATER

I finally killed my SD 2 months ago.

i did 1/2 of the daily dose of amox for 10 days. And I used ketoconazole 2% shampoo 3 times a week for 4 weeks. At the moment I use the shampoo 1 time a week.

All of the itchyness and (huge amount) of dandruff is gone. I can wear dark clothing again :D lol. My skull isn’t red and inflamed anymore.

Hopefully some hairs will start sprouting back on my diffuse thinning head.

thanks guys for the tips!

(btw the cystic bacne i had is also 75% gone)

Kaka

Has anyone had results supplementing with TMG (TriMethylGlycine)?

I read the thread here Trimethylglycine (TMG) Stops My Dandruff and took some TMG (500mg in tablet form) I'd bought months ago - within a day, my SD had gone. Three days later, after a weekend of alcohol and unhealthy food, still no sign of SD.

Does anyone have any idea what the mechanism behind this "cure" is?

FWIW, my SD started in winter 2019 (although I've had dandruff for as long as I can remember), then disappeared last summer before starting again this autumn/winter. I've tried B6/B2/Biotin/Vit D/anti fungal shampoos without much success.

yerrag

I read the thread here Trimethylglycine (TMG) Stops My Dandruff and took some TMG (500mg in tablet form) I'd bought months ago - within a day, my SD had gone. Three days later, after a weekend of alcohol and unhealthy food, still no sign of SD.

FWIW, my SD started in winter 2019 (although I've had dandruff for as long as I can remember), then disappeared last summer before starting again this autumn/winter. I've tried B6/B2/Biotin/Vit D/anti fungal shampoos without much success.
This article talks about the anti-inflammatory effects of TMG:

I have some TMG so I should try taking some and see if it helps.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

yerrag

Let us know how it goes! :)
Already started. I'll use up the bottle in a month and we shall see if I can replicate @Kaka's experience. I'm using Dr. Wong's TMG.

yerrag

Already started. I'll use up the bottle in a month and we shall see if I can replicate @Kaka's experience. I'm using Dr. Wong's TMG.
I took this 2x yesterday. I urinated a lot at night and it was so frothy. My BP went up as well. So I have to stop taking this. If urine is frothing, I take it as inflammation in my case. So it would not likely help me with SD.

The supplement I used is called TMG-DMG Plus, a blend containing 630 mg TMG per capsule, with DMG and Yohimbe Bark Extract (2.4mg) and Serrapeptidase. So maybe the other ingredients had an effect too.

rr1

Mine has practically disappeared since I bought a portable steam sauna.
Sort of similar but mine also disappears when I'm going to the local geothermal baths a couple of times a week. Could be a lymph thing with the hot and cold water, sweating etc. helping with lymph movement or could be the magnesium/sulphur and other minerals in the water.

Kaka

This article talks about the anti-inflammatory effects of TMG:

I have some TMG so I should try taking some and see if it helps.
Interesting, I'll have a read.

For what it's worth, I used the Life Extension brand, but doubt it makes much difference. I imagine it was the Yohimbe Bark Extract which raised your BP and gave you negative effects - I don't think we can even buy this in my country!

I did take Vitamin K2 drops on Friday - these do seem seem to reduce the oiliness of my skin, but have never affected the SD before. I also took some digestive enzymes, but I can't believe it's these as I didn't take them with every meal.

yerrag

I imagine it was the Yohimbe Bark Extract which raised your BP and gave you negative effects - I don't think we can even buy this in my country!
It could be the Yohimbe. Are you from Brazil but not the football player? Is it hard to get Yohimbe there? I thought there are more stuff you could buy there that is so hard to find in the US. I've once looked for some special essential oils there but the problem is it's hard to ship from there to the US.

Kaka

It could be the Yohimbe. Are you from Brazil but not the football player? Is it hard to get Yohimbe there? I thought there are more stuff you could buy there that is so hard to find in the US. I've once looked for some special essential oils there but the problem is it's hard to ship from there to the US.
I'm from the UK, although Kaka was a player that stood out to me when he was at his peak many years ago!

yerrag

I'm from the UK, although Kaka was a player that stood out to me when he was at his peak many years ago!
I stopped the TMG with the Yohimbe and my BP came down. Slept better and urinated less, with less foam too.

GorillaHead

I am going to try it. I beleive i know the mechanism! I am excited

Tmg has different effects compared to betaine hcl is this correct?

Last edited:

GorillaHead

Okay tmg fixed my dandruff too. Amazing.

only issue is i cant seem to get deep sleep. Any ideas how to solve?

Motif

Yup in one day. Took a 4 hours.

its day 2 now. And still no dandrufff. It has to pass my 2 week test for official confirmation tho

how much did you take and what is your plan if it keeps it from coming back?

and any idea why this would help and possibility to fix this ?

yerrag

Okay tmg fixed my dandruff too. Amazing.

only issue is i cant seem to get deep sleep. Any ideas how to solve?
All I know is TMG increases methylation. So if you add b1 and b3, maybe it will balance methylation and get you better sleep.

I think TMG may be helping with tamping down inflammation from infection. Perhaps it is enabling effective phagocytosis of antigens, and with less antigens there is less immune response needed. An immune response can involve inflammation, and the inflammation in the scalp is expressed as dandruff, although I don't recall anymore what is released from the inflammation that forms the dandruff. I also think that since the capillaries feeding the scalp are watershed capillaries, there is no vein for metabolites to return back to circulation. So waste is passed to the lymphatic vessels along the scalp. And since the hair follicles act like mini-kidneys, waste is being expelled thru the hair follicles and that's probably where the dandruff comes from.

GorillaHead

All I know is TMG increases methylation. So if you add b1 and b3, maybe it will balance methylation and get you better sleep.

I think TMG may be helping with tamping down inflammation from infection. Perhaps it is enabling effective phagocytosis of antigens, and with less antigens there is less immune response needed. An immune response can involve inflammation, and the inflammation in the scalp is expressed as dandruff, although I don't recall anymore what is released from the inflammation that forms the dandruff. I also think that since the capillaries feeding the scalp are watershed capillaries, there is no vein for metabolites to return back to circulation. So waste is passed to the lymphatic vessels along the scalp. And since the hair follicles act like mini-kidneys, waste is being expelled thru the hair follicles and that's probably where the dandruff comes from.

Actually here i will explain explanation for why i think this works and ill post one link where someone else did all the research.

So my belief is there was always a vitamin a issue involved many many people report retinol making their dandruff worse and then there nuenrous accounts of people claiming tretinoin causing dandruff.

well how is it not all people experience this same negative. Well it most likely has to do with retinol dysregulation.

So i soon find out that If SCD1 is defecient in the skin you end up with high retinol activity in the skin regardless of how much retinol is in your body. Which could explain how more retinol exacberated the issue in people and myself. I mean literally i took retinol and the next day my flaking doubled undeniably.

guess what increases scd1 mrna significantly tmg.

not to mention tmg is an osmolyte. And my dandruff wdry and flaky.

here is the link where everyone did all the research.

Also i think tmg increases choline as it can revert back and this is what causes the stimulation perhaps. Perhaps b complex and inositol are needed to balance things out

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals