To TCA300 : What Is Your Daily Regimen (diet And Supplements)?

cyclops

He thinks fat free diets are unpleasant, and believes fats offer digestive and antimicrobial benefits which is why he eats some PUFA containing fats
" My fats are hydrogenated coconut oil, a little butter and lamb fat."

Surprised he didn't mention egg yolk. Guess thats a given.

Mito

Your lucky man. I'm limited to dairy and meat. I cant consume anything with fructose or salicylates in it anymore.

@raypeatclips I experience severe hypoglycemia, gastritis/bloody stools, extreme fatigue, bloating, and what I might consider anyphalaxis or pseudoanyphalaxis ( rapid breathing, no sleep, numbness and swelling in various areas ).

I dont know what happened. Maybe too low in fats for over a year allowed bacteria to massively overpopulate, and therefore compromised fructose absorption, and salicylate clearance.
Quite often I find when I dont listen to Ray I end up getting into trouble. He advised me against eating too low in fats, I didn't listen. Bile and fat is important for keeping gut bacteria under control, on top of that, the fats I was eating dont stimulate bile flow ( mct ).
In your previous diet (as described in this thread) your PUFA intake was under 2 grams/day. Has your PUFA intake increased now that you are limited to dairy and meat? If yes, have your noticed a change in your metabolic rate?

T

tca300

@Mito Yes My PUFA is higher and is currently at ~2.8 grams per day, but my calcium has risen to ~7200mg per day, which seems to increase my metabolism. Also my palmitic and stearic acid intake is way higher than before ( which are very stimulating). My temperature is still in the high 98's low 99's and pulse is 85-95 bpm. I dont think there is a difference that I can tell metabolism wise yet. If you would like I will keep you updated. Also a side note, my meat intake only consists of small amounts of liver, and maybe a few ounces of grassfed beef every few weeks. I'm basically living off of milk, and every few days some cheese.

Luann

Tca,

How's your skin looking?? I had sagging and loose skin before I started certain supps (copper, biotin, maybe even the K2 is helping with that. It's starting to look better.) Hope you're well.

T

tca300

@Liubo Thanks for your thoughts! My skin is actually better than before. I think the added fat has increased nutrient absorption. Ray thinks fat improves the absorption of all nutrients, not just the fat soluble.

Luann

Ahhh. I've been adding fat (hydrogenated coconut oil) to my coffee and other food. I'll keep doing that, thanks. That is very interesting tca.

lampofred

@Mito Yes My PUFA is higher and is currently at ~2.8 grams per day, but my calcium has risen to ~7200mg per day, which seems to increase my metabolism. Also my palmitic and stearic acid intake is way higher than before ( which are very stimulating). My temperature is still in the high 98's low 99's and pulse is 85-95 bpm. I dont think there is a difference that I can tell metabolism wise yet. If you would like I will keep you updated. Also a side note, my meat intake only consists of small amounts of liver, and maybe a few ounces of grassfed beef every few weeks. I'm basically living off of milk, and every few days some cheese.

What are the benefits of being so strict? Are you far mentally sharper than everyone around you, do you need to sleep less, are ypu really good at your job, are you more creative, do you look extremely young for your age, etc?

T

tca300

What are the benefits of being so strict? Are you far mentally sharper than everyone around you, do you need to sleep less, are ypu really good at your job, are you more creative, do you look extremely young for your age, etc?
I wish to not burden my system with what I believe to be harmful foods. Such a strict way of eating is what I prefer to do for various reasons, I wouldn't encourage others to do anything I do, just inform them of good research and encourage controlled self experamenting, as without a controlled dietary/lifestyle change, accurate conclusions are hard to really make.
My grandparents and parents are very unhealthy and I believe that got me off to a bad start in life. I am strict because eating certain foods made my life very terrible, avoiding foods that make me feel ill is whats important to me.
I don't compair myself to others in regards to health or anything really. I compair my past me to current me and make adjustments if I feel its needed, while paying attention to how I feel, perusing a healthier future me.
I am more intelligent than the past me, I do feel more creative, I dont sleep less, I sleep more, deeper, and without waking. I feel as a whole, that there is not one physical or mental aspect of my person that hasn't improved.
I do think compairing oneself to others will inevitability lead to giving up and or depression, as there is always someone out there that you can find to be superior to you in one way or another. Living life in pursuit of being superior to others whether its health or whatever, is in my opinion, sad. That kind of mentality is likely to only manifest in loneliness, with no one who genuinely cares for you. Nor do I think it leads to real improvement of the individual.

Sobieski

I wish to not burden my system with what I believe to be harmful foods. Such a strict way of eating is what I prefer to do for various reasons, I wouldn't encourage others to do anything I do, just inform them of good research and encourage controlled self experamenting, as without a controlled dietary/lifestyle change, accurate conclusions are hard to really make.
My grandparents and parents are very unhealthy and I believe that got me off to a bad start in life. I am strict because eating certain foods made my life very terrible, avoiding foods that make me feel ill is whats important to me.
I don't compair myself to others in regards to health or anything really. I compair my past me to current me and make adjustments if I feel its needed, while paying attention to how I feel, perusing a healthier future me.
I am more intelligent than the past me, I do feel more creative, I dont sleep less, I sleep more, deeper, and without waking. I feel as a whole, that there is not one physical or mental aspect of my person that hasn't improved.
I do think compairing oneself to others will inevitability lead to giving up and or depression, as there is always someone out there that you can find to be superior to you in one way or another. Living life in pursuit of being superior to others whether its health or whatever, is in my opinion, sad. That kind of mentality is likely to only manifest in loneliness, with no one who genuinely cares for you. Nor do I think it leads to real improvement of the individual.

This is a great way to look at things. It's made me realise how far I've come on my journey. I probably spend too much time thinking how I 'should' be, or comparing myself to others, when I'm light years ahead of where I was even just a year ago. How did you first come across Peat?

T

tca300

@Sobieski Good to hear you have made progress! About 8 years ago I stumbled across Ray's coconut oil article when I was reaserching into the best fats to fry with. I was very impressed and read more of his articles. Over the next few following years I slowly implemented more and more of his dietary ideas into my life because of how I felt.

lampofred

I really respect your willpower, and I agree with your viewpoint that it is best to only compare yourself to how you were in the past as opposed to other people. I don't think the following anecdote will fully apply to you because you seem to be enjoying/having no problems with a milk-only diet, but I've noticed in the past that in my own situation, having too much willpower/forcefully overriding my instincts messed me up in the long-term even though I thought I was doing everything "correctly," and I realized the reason for that was the fact that no source of knowledge is infallible. Red light/serotonin antagonists (5HT-2A antagonists specifically, MDMA and LSD will down-regulate that receptor) helped me see the bigger picture and not be so in my head/strict/defensive. But again, I'm not saying this applies to you, it's just something I thought I could mention.

T

tca300

Even though I no longer refrain from orgasm, I think if frequent ejaculation was the key to prostate cancer prevention there would be no such thing as prostate cancer lol. Haidut has already posted studies about PUFA's direct role as well as its metabolites in prostate cancer as well as blocking them causing regression. Low vitamin D, estrogen, low androgens, certain trace mineral deficiencies and too much phosphorus are other things I think are problematic. Dont you think purging toxins alongside precious reproductive fluid would be bizarre? Association doesn't equal causation. Men who ejaculate more are probably healthier and have higher androgens relative to the ones who have a low libido and ejaculate less.

T

tca300

I really respect your willpower, and I agree with your viewpoint that it is best to only compare yourself to how you were in the past as opposed to other people. I don't think the following anecdote will fully apply to you because you seem to be enjoying/having no problems with a milk-only diet, but I've noticed in the past that in my own situation, having too much willpower/forcefully overriding my instincts messed me up in the long-term even though I thought I was doing everything "correctly," and I realized the reason for that was the fact that no source of knowledge is infallible. Red light/serotonin antagonists (5HT-2A antagonists specifically, MDMA and LSD will down-regulate that receptor) helped me see the bigger picture and not be so in my head/strict/defensive. But again, I'm not saying this applies to you, it's just something I thought I could mention.
I definitely understand where you're coming from, and in the past, and even recently I have exercised too much willpower, which only led to issues for myself. Thanks for sharing!

boxers

Even though I no longer refrain from orgasm, I think if frequent ejaculation was the key to prostate cancer prevention there would be no such thing as prostate cancer lol. Haidut has already posted studies about PUFA's direct role as well as its metabolites in prostate cancer as well as blocking them causing regression. Low vitamin D, estrogen, low androgens, certain trace mineral deficiencies and too much phosphorus are other things I think are problematic. Dont you think purging toxins alongside precious reproductive fluid would be bizarre? Association doesn't equal causation. Men who ejaculate more are probably healthier and have higher androgens relative to the ones who have a low libido and ejaculate less.

Makes sense. Thank you

B

Braveheart

I have always been interested in seminal conservation (not to be confused w Seminole reservation LOL) after reading the Tao of Love....
Ejaculation Frequency for Optimum Men's Health by Ralph Teller on 1Vigor

Taoist's Natural Ejaculation Control Technique | Herballove.com

sladerunner69

Since you've encountered some pretty serious issues that you attributed to a near total dearth of fat in your diet, and have subsequently increased your fat intake, have you experienced any noticeable increase in bodyfat?

T

tca300

Since you've encountered some pretty serious issues that you attributed to a near total dearth of fat in your diet, and have subsequently increased your fat intake, have you experienced any noticeable increase in bodyfat?
No.. I'm very strict and watch my calories and weight closely, while adjusting calorie intake based on variations in my metabolism. My appitite has increased noticeably since increasing fat, but that could just be because my calcium, palmitic, and stearic acid intakes are much higher than before. On a low fat diet, I can comfortably lose weight on 2500 kcals, but on mostly 1% and lesser amounts of 2% milk @ 2700kcals has me 99.2° F and very hungry.

And just to clarify, Im not certain that low fat is what caused my issues. For whatever reason, I can't digest fructose/fructans and can't tolerate salicylates anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

sladerunner69

No.. I'm very strict and watch my calories and weight closely, while adjusting calorie intake based on variations in my metabolism. My appitite has increased noticeably since increasing fat, but that could just be because my calcium, palmitic, and stearic acid intakes are much higher than before. On a low fat diet, I can comfortably lose weight on 2500 kcals, but on mostly 1% and lesser amounts of 2% milk @ 2700kcals has me 99.2° F and very hungry.

And just to clarify, Im not certain that low fat is what caused my issues. For whatever reason, I can't digest fructose/fructans and can't tolerate salicylates anymore.

Alright thanks for the clarification. I am wondering if you are experiencing acid reflux? I have heard a few people complain about that after consuming large amounts of orange juice in their diets.