Experiences In The Mountains Of South America / Mexico?

If you could pick a high altitude country abroad to live, where would you want to live?

• Columbia

• Ecuador

• Mexico

• Peru

• Bolivia

• Tibet

• Other (please specify)

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ficini

Bump
Any news for best place to live at high altitude in 2020?
I'm looking for
safety
peaty foods availability (milk, fruits, liver)
decent internet
small quiet town

Waynish

Bump
Any news for best place to live at high altitude in 2020?
I'm looking for
safety
peaty foods availability (milk, fruits, liver)
decent internet
small quiet town

The direct experienced of altitude doesn't live up to the hype. Peat said his dental health decreased rapidly in Mexico City. I've seen this in others as well. Danny Roddy left his Mexican high altitude living location... Sure you feel great when you go back to sea level for up to a week. However, don't you feel great reintroducing carbs or food after restricting it? This seems analogous.

Ficini

Wasn't the bad quality of milk the reason Ray Peat got dental decay in Mexico?
Did Danny Roddy mention he wanted to leave high altitude living? Maybe he just wanted to see Thailand :)
And also about the milk quality, Danny told me in an instagram comment that Dutch Mill was the best tasting milk he drank in a long time. Now, that milk was indeed good, but nowhere near the quality I have here in Romania as fresh raw milk. I can only imagine how bad it must be in Mexico :)

boris

The direct experienced of altitude doesn't live up to the hype. Peat said his dental health decreased rapidly in Mexico City. I've seen this in others as well. Danny Roddy left his Mexican high altitude living location... Sure you feel great when you go back to sea level for up to a week. However, don't you feel great reintroducing carbs or food after restricting it? This seems analogous.

He also said high altitude heals everything. His eyesight improved significantly when spending time in altitude.

Waynish

He also said high altitude heals everything. His eyesight improved significantly when spending time in altitude.

Heals everything but he could even keep his teeth ("because of the milk")? Judging by how much sickness I saw in Mexico City, I don't think it "heals everything."

boris

Actually I can't find that quote anymore. I'm not sure he said it, sorry. So please don't quote me on that :D.

@Waynish so you don't believe the statistics that high altitude regions have lower incidences of cancer, heart disease, etc?

Waynish

Actually I can't find that quote anymore. I'm not sure he said it, sorry. So please don't quote me on that :D.

@Waynish so you don't believe the statistics that high altitude regions have lower incidences of cancer, heart disease, etc?

Epidemiology is tough. Seeing the direct experiences of myself and others living and training at high and low altitudes are what I'm referring to.

boris

Several months in 2000-4000m made my acne dissapear completely for the duration. I was on vacation too so that might have played a role, although other vacations didn't have that effect on me.

Only time I ever felt bad in altitude was the first days when travelling there by plane without acclimatization. Otherwise I only have good experiences. Did you experience living in altitude and how was it for you?

Waynish

Several months in 2000-4000m made my acne dissapear completely for the duration. I was on vacation too so that might have played a role, although other vacations didn't have that effect on me.

Only time I ever felt bad in altitude was the first days when travelling there by plane without acclimatization. Otherwise I only have good experiences. Did you experience living in altitude and how was it for you?

Less air, less qi.

southcesar

is finding peaty supplements to buy in these countries as easy as buying in the united states?

Back
Top Bottom