Thyroid Or Coffee(Caffeine) Cause Gynecomastia

Abc123

Ok so here the thing. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I had my first gyno flare up when my DR prescribed me Levothyroxine 50mcg. I was taking it for 4 weeks and then my nipple started to get very puffy and a hard lump formed.

I stopped the medication and just dealt with feeling terrible. A few months down the road I decided to try NDT. While on NDT I slowly raised it every 2 weeks till my temps were optimal and I was feeling good. Then once I finally thought I've found my optimal dosage the Gyno came back. I stopped the Armour Thyroid and am now trying T3 only. And still having the same problem. I cannot figure out what could cause this?

Can the meds be raising SHBG too high?
Do you guys think Coffee along with the thyroid meds be causing a stress response. In resulting in high estrogen?

I am taking Estroban daily. I also have Pansterone and Androsterone to try to get rid of the gyno. Any suggestions or thoughts on what is causing this? Should I try an AI?

Thank you

Last edited:

sele

Ok so here the thing. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I had my first gyno flare up when my DR prescribed me Levothyroxine 50mcg. I was taking it for 4 weeks and then my nipple started to get very puffy and a hard lump formed.

I stopped the medication and just dealt with feeling terrible. A few months down the road I decided to try NDT. While on NDT I slowly raised it every 2 weeks till my temps were optimal and I was feeling good. Then once I finally thought I've found my optimal dosage the Gyno came back. I stopped the Armour Thyroid and am now trying T3 only. And still having the same problem. I cannot figure out what could cause this?

Can the meds be raising SHBG too high?
Do you guys think Coffee along with the thyroid meds be causing a stress response. In resulting in high estrogen?

I am taking Estroban daily. I also have Pansterone and Androsterone to try to get rid of the gyno. Any suggestions or thoughts on what is causing this? Should I try an AI?

Thank you
High prolactin causes gyno. Bromocriptine works wonders.
Thyroid or coffee may cause stress if you have low glycogen reserves.

Ron J

That's frustrating. What are you eating??
I ordered NDT(getting it soon), so yes, it is frustrating.
edit: Although, it's supposed to do the opposite, by decreasing estrogen and raising 5AR. But these threads are a disappointment.

OP
A

Abc123

High prolactin causes gyno. Bromocriptine works wonders.
Thyroid or coffee may cause stress if you have low glycogen reserves.
Thanks! I'm awaiting some labs and I dad have Prolactin and Estrone Sulfate on there. Ill look into bromocriptine. My liver enzymes have also been slightly elevated. Ive been using coffee, aspirin, taurine, and niacinamide to help it.

That's frustrating. What are you eating??
Its very frustrating! I'm eating a Peat diet. Cheese, OJ, Milk, Fruit, Carrots, Coconut Oil, Butter, Potatoes, Coffee, Sugar. I thought maybe it was flaring up because of dairy but that wasn't the case.

Thank you! I've been trying to clean my liver with the Coffee protocol but Im not sure if thats making it worse?

Last edited:

theLaw

Thanks! I'm awaiting some labs and I dad have Prolactin and Estrone Sulfate on there. Ill look into bromocriptine. My liver enzymes have also been slightly elevated. Ive been using coffee, aspirin, taurine, and niacinamide to help it.

Its very frustrating! I'm eating a Peat diet. Cheese, OJ, Milk, Fruit, Coconut Oil, Butter, Potatoes, Coffee, Sugar. I thought maybe it was flaring up because of dairy but that wasn't the case.

Thank you! I've been trying to clean my liver with the Coffee protocol but Im not sure if thats making it worse?

Caffeine is going to increase the release of stored free-fatty-acids, so you'll need to use Niacinamide/Aspirin/Thiamine to limit their release. This is especially true at the beginning as it cleans the liver.

You can also take Tocovit (Vitamin E) to saturate any pufa that is released from tissues.

Just read thought the last 3 links form my post, and you'll find more details.

OP
A

Abc123

Caffeine is going to increase the release of stored free-fatty-acids, so you'll need to use Niacinamide/Aspirin/Thiamine to limit their release. This is especially true at the beginning as it cleans the liver.

You can also take Tocovit (Vitamin E) to saturate any pufa that is released from tissues.

Just read thought the last 3 links form my post, and you'll find more details.
I'am taking my Coffee with Cream & Sugar along with 325mg Aspirin, 500mg Niacinamide and 1g Taurine. But yes I will read into the posts you provided. I've read through many threads here and I just cannot figure out why this is happening. I'm thinking Liver for sure is my biggest issue. And the liver is causing improper thyroid function, estrogen dominance, low DHEA, low DHT, high cholesterol.

theLaw

I'am taking my Coffee with Cream & Sugar along with 325mg Aspirin, 500mg Niacinamide and 1g Taurine. But yes I will read into the posts you provided. I've read through many threads here and I just cannot figure out why this is happening. I'm thinking Liver for sure is my biggest issue. And the liver is causing improper thyroid function, estrogen dominance, low DHEA, low DHT, high cholesterol.

Keep in mind that the amount of caffeine you need to clean the liver quickly (weeks) is pretty high (1200mg+), but lower doses will take longer (months).

Also, cleaning the gut with carrot salad/antibiotics/activated charcoal can make a huge difference for some people with digestive issues.

I've experienced some really nasty endotoxin responses that disappeared within minutes using 4T of ac or antibiotics.

EIRE24

Keep in mind that the amount of caffeine you need to clean the liver quickly (weeks) is pretty high (1200mg+), but lower doses will take longer (months).

Also, cleaning the gut with carrot salad/antibiotics/activated charcoal can make a huge difference for some people with digestive issues.

I've experienced some really nasty endotoxin responses that disappeared within minutes using 4T of ac or antibiotics.
What antibiotic did you use and how much?

theLaw

What antibiotic did you use and how much?

Just basic penicillin, but honestly, enough ac is just as effective.

Antibiotics are convenient, but not necessary unless there is a special circumstance.

Member VisionofStrength used 4T of ac every night combined with MCT oil with no negative effects which is also backed up by studies posted on these boards.

OP
A

Abc123

I could only imagine how I would feel or what symptoms I'd have If I consumed that much caffeine.

theLaw

Just published our Upgraded Anti-Microbial Carrot Salad which may be of benefit.

• 1/2 large grated carrots (cheese grater/ or potato peeler are ideal)
  • 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
  • 14ml of Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 250g Boiled White Button Mushrooms (15-20 minutes cooking time)
  • Finely Chopped Horseradish (10-grams)
  • 2/3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
  • 1-2 Raw Onions.
  • Salt (teaspoon)
  • & if you can stomach it, grated ginger.

Peat suggests boiling mushrooms for several hours.

Garlic and Onions can cause digestive issues for some especially with a compromised gut. Also, 1-2 raw onions would make this recipe nearly inedible.

OP
A

Abc123

I got some labs back! SHBG is sky high! I don't know how to bring it down. Also my Vitamin A is high. Should I cut back on the carrots. And the Estroban?

SHBG - 86 (10-57)
Prolactin - 6.4 (4.0-15.2)
ALT - 34 (<41)
AST - 26 (<40)
Anti TPO - 303 (<35)
BUN - 21 (6-20)
Beta Carotene - 222.9 (4.0-30)
Vitamin A - 98.3 (30-75)

Thoughts anyone?

OP
A

Abc123

Alright so Estrone Sulfate came back at
889 (230-2200)

Thats not bad right? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to drop my SHBG? Please and thank you!

shepherdgirl

just a few impressions... can't comment on the SHBG. Why is your carotene so high? I am not saying you necessarily have carotenemia, but if so, know that it can interfere with thyroid - see Peat's quotes on carotenemia
Also - some discussion of gynecomastia in the May Ask Your Herb Doctor program - in the interview he mentions estrogen being related to gyno.
I am just wondering if you have had your thyroid measured recently. The reason i ask is, IIUC, Peat indicates that gyno could possibly be an indication of high estrogen, and low thyroid can result in high estrogen. The high carotene and vitamin A can block thyroid.
If you are eating a daily carrot you could try rinsing it to minimize carotene, or try other alternatives for eradicating endotoxin and blocking estrogen reabsorption. I think Peat mentions bamboo shoots or well-cooked mushrooms as alternatives to the daily carrot. i think ac works too but am not positive.
If you are not eating enough, as well as enough sugar, i think taking thyroid or aspirin/niacinamide/caffeine could use up all of your glycogen and cause a surge in adrenaline. It is especially problematic if your liver can't store too much sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals