Gynecomastia/Puffy Nipples Not Solved With Tamoxifen

chinup53

I have had gynecomastia/Puffy Nipples (I do not know anymore what I have) since puberty (I was obese). I have been taking tamoxifen during 2 months under (20mg/day under prescription).

During this time I have noticed two things:
  • The size of my nipple when hard has decreased significantly (both areolar size and lump size)
  • When my nipples are not hard, they are the same size as before. Not sure what actually is happening. My nipples do not have any hard lump underneath them (they never have) but they are swollen (as if they were full of fluid but not solid matter).

Since tamoxifen does not seem to be the solution and my doctor doesn't know what it's about, do you guys have any idea of what could be causing this?

OP
C

chinup53

Fat? You might have "lipomastia".
I actually don't think so since I am pretty lean (visible vein in abs). Additionally it doesn't seem to neither increase nor decrease when gaining or losing weight.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Take photos for reference. Sometimes placebo messes with our head, especially in the mirror.

Since you had minimal results from tamoxifen and weight loss, consider other substances before resorting to surgery. It seems that the tissue is of the glandular type. If all fails, there's always surgery.

Consider topical vitamin E and A creams / ointments, topical pregnenolone, as well as any anti aromatic substance you can think of.

Good luck.

OP
C

chinup53

Take photos for reference. Sometimes placebo messes with our head, especially in the mirror.

Since you had minimal results from tamoxifen and weight loss, consider other substances before resorting to surgery. It seems that the tissue is of the glandular type. If all fails, there's always surgery.

Consider topical vitamin E and A creams / ointments, topical pregnenolone, as well as any anti aromatic substance you can think of.

Good luck.

Right now I'm supplementing high dose Vitamin E (800uI/day, not sure if I sure increase it), taurine 3g/day and glycine 6g/day. All of this should reduce aromatase and increase 5-ar. I have used DIM, I3C and Calcium glucorate before, but after learning that it can reduce androgens I've dropped them.

I'm thinking about trying with tamoxifen again in 6 months if any of this works. @haidut also said in one post that Puffy nipples could be caused by imbalanced hormones ratio (cortisol, progesterone, dht and testosterone).

High prolactin is to blame. There is a study I posted that bromocriptine helps. Metergoline would be better.

postman

If you don't have any hard lumps (actual gynecomastia) I don't think you should worry a lot about it. If it's just fat deposition it's called pseudogynecomastia. You could try one of Haidut's androgenic supplements and see if that makes a difference, I guess. Or maybe just lose more bodyfat. I think some people are just more sensitive to hormones, so even just the progesterone from dairy, or the caffeine from coffee (despite enhancing 5a-r) can cause pseudogynecomastia in some men.

Tamoxifen is dangerous. If you're determined to use drugs I think DHT and DHT analogues are your best bet but they can damage the gonads permanently or semi-permanently.

OP
C

chinup53

High prolactin is to blame. There is a study I posted that bromocriptine helps. Metergoline would be better.

If I don't want to use drugs for now, what could I take to reduce prolactin. If I remember correctly TT is a great prolactin antagonist.

If you don't have any hard lumps (actual gynecomastia) I don't think you should worry a lot about it. If it's just fat deposition it's called pseudogynecomastia. You could try one of Haidut's androgenic supplements and see if that makes a difference, I guess. Or maybe just lose more bodyfat. I think some people are just more sensitive to hormones, so even just the progesterone from dairy, or the caffeine from coffee (despite enhancing 5a-r) can cause pseudogynecomastia in some men.

Tamoxifen is dangerous. If you're determined to use drugs I think DHT and DHT analogues are your best bet but they can damage the gonads permanently or semi-permanently.

Could be the caffeine from coffee since I consume about 600mg/ED. I have a high predisposition for gynecomastia / pseudogynecomastia since my father has an extremly big one. (Natural, no drugs involved)

K

Kratos

There was a guy on this site with a prolactin level of 6 and he still had puffy nipples, it has to be an estrogen thing mostly that causes the problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals