Allergic Reaction To Excercise

fendertele

this is goig to sound crazy but ive managed to pin point my issue to weight lifting but hope to resolve rather than give it up.

i noticed when i took a month off i looked leaner, more ripped and healthier than when i worked out and ate well.

infact i was a slob eating junk food and dropped a jean size could see my abs and cheekbones etc....

after1 week of hard workouts ive bloated back up overnight moon face, massive water retention,sensitive puffy nipples and bags under eyes feeling fatigued, ive had to go back up a jean size in a week.

ive been back on my healthy foods avoiding gluten carbs and watching salt intake to avoid the water retention, drinking lots of water etc.... i wake up with sheet prints all over my body.

i was adrenal insufficient in the past due to a prolactinoma however after a treatment of hydrocortisone my adrenals kicked in and i was tapered off it and all sythactin tests have shown normal range

so i dont know what to think of this.... is the workouts causing elevated cortisol or draining them too much... i believe whichever one it is...it is causing elevated estrogen which would explain the puffy sensitive nipples.

Elephanto

hard workouts
It's easy to turn physical exercice from healthy to unhealthy. Especially if you lift heavy, producing lactic acid, or that you do long cardio sessions, triggering cortisol. You should always stop before feeling exhausted for hours after, ideally you would feel energized after if you did it within your limits. An interesting study on soccer players found that the athletes who didn't feel exhausted after the game had an increase in IGFBP3 (which is found low in cancers) and those that felt exhausted had a reduction in IGFBP3. So the exhaustion as a symptom shows how exercice can either be health-augmenting or health-damaging. And of course, you will build up resistance over time, allowing your body to progressively do more work without exhaustion. Taking bicarbonate sodium before a training will also reduce lactic acid and give greater cardio capacity. And did I misread that you're avoiding carbs or it's just gluten, the former would be counterproductive to all of this (energy, cortisol, lactic acid). Adequate salt intake is important too.

Hans

Forum Supporter
this is goig to sound crazy but ive managed to pin point my issue to weight lifting but hope to resolve rather than give it up.

i noticed when i took a month off i looked leaner, more ripped and healthier than when i worked out and ate well.

infact i was a slob eating junk food and dropped a jean size could see my abs and cheekbones etc....

after1 week of hard workouts ive bloated back up overnight moon face, massive water retention,sensitive puffy nipples and bags under eyes feeling fatigued, ive had to go back up a jean size in a week.

ive been back on my healthy foods avoiding gluten carbs and watching salt intake to avoid the water retention, drinking lots of water etc.... i wake up with sheet prints all over my body.

i was adrenal insufficient in the past due to a prolactinoma however after a treatment of hydrocortisone my adrenals kicked in and i was tapered off it and all sythactin tests have shown normal range

so i dont know what to think of this.... is the workouts causing elevated cortisol or draining them too much... i believe whichever one it is...it is causing elevated estrogen which would explain the puffy sensitive nipples.
Exhaustive exercise and stress increase the absorption of endotoxins, which then spike serotonin, estrogen and prolactin; this would explain your rapid appearance of symptoms.
How are you training? Heavy? Long?
What does your diet look like?

I won't suggest quitting, but training more briefly and maybe more intense. Maybe 3 times a week for 20-30 minutes.

OP
F

fendertele

It's easy to turn physical exercice from healthy to unhealthy. Especially if you lift heavy, producing lactic acid, or that you do long cardio sessions, triggering cortisol. You should always stop before feeling exhausted for hours after, ideally you would feel energized after if you did it within your limits. An interesting study on soccer players found that the athletes who didn't feel exhausted after the game had an increase in IGFBP3 (which is found low in cancers) and those that felt exhausted had a reduction in IGFBP3. So the exhaustion as a symptom shows how exercice can either be health-augmenting or health-damaging. And of course, you will build up resistance over time, allowing your body to progressively do more work without exhaustion. Taking bicarbonate sodium before a training will also reduce lactic acid and give greater cardio capacity. And did I misread that you're avoiding carbs or it's just gluten, the former would be counterproductive to all of this (energy, cortisol, lactic acid). Adequate salt intake is important too.

I feel euphoric right after and for an hour or so, but then it slowly creeps up and I struggle to sleep for the next few days along with the other issues posted the only solution is to take further days off to return to normal however as I workout 3 days a week the issue is ongoing.

OP
F

fendertele

Exhaustive exercise and stress increase the absorption of endotoxins, which then spike serotonin, estrogen and prolactin; this would explain your rapid appearance of symptoms.
How are you training? Heavy? Long?
What does your diet look like?

I won't suggest quitting, but training more briefly and maybe more intense. Maybe 3 times a week for 20-30 minutes.

Thing is I get in and out in an hour or slightly over, but in that time I have probably done 2/3 times more reps/sets/cardio than anyone else in there... I leave soaked in sweat and I don't feel exhausted at the time.... if anything I could keep going another hour or two but leave as I have other things to do.

But I keep getting stronger as the lifting goes on.... think the hulk but instead of getting angry making him stronger... the more I get my heart rate up/lift... the stronger I get as I go on.

I have tried all sorts of diets but none seem to help with this issue... the only thing I noticed is if I eat the crappiest foods like mcdonalds it stabilizes the issue however I then pack on fat...

When I eat clean and in a deficit the issue worsens.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thing is I get in and out in an hour or slightly over, but in that time I have probably done 2/3 times more reps/sets/cardio than anyone else in there... I leave soaked in sweat and I don't feel exhausted at the time.... if anything I could keep going another hour or two but leave as I have other things to do.

But I keep getting stronger as the lifting goes on.... think the hulk but instead of getting angry making him stronger... the more I get my heart rate up/lift... the stronger I get as I go on.

I have tried all sorts of diets but none seem to help with this issue... the only thing I noticed is if I eat the crappiest foods like mcdonalds it stabilizes the issue however I then pack on fat...

When I eat clean and in a deficit the issue worsens.
Yeah I like lifting just as much, but it can become stressful.
What foods are you currently eating?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals