Prolactin Surges ?

fendertele

Hey there.

I'm a male and for the last 10 or so years have been treating my macroprolactinoma, they tried taking me off cabergoline once my levels were normal and it started growing and my levels went sky high within a few weeks.

My biggest indicator of something being off is my left nipple it becomes sensitive,itchy and very puffy sticks out like a cone.

I am back on the cabergoline now a few months however this time round I seem to be having surges of prolactin or maybe it's estrogen..... all I know is my nipple gets puffy and sensitive at random times of the day.

It is usually right after working out... and at it's worst about an hour afterwards or after I've eating ( will come back to that)

When I was first diagnosed I also was on hydrocortisone for adrenal insufficiency and had secondary hypogonadism.

I struggle to get or keep erections and my hair is so diffuse all over I have ended up shaving it off completely... but i'm tall and big built almost scarely big... think rugby player sized.

I grow muscle extremely easy and put on fat just as easy.

I have started to notice about 20 mins after eating my nipple puffs up.... but when I went on a low carb diet and was eating most red meat and eggs... this never happened so it got me thinking do carbs cause a prolactin increase ??

I think the increase post workout may be something to do with my cortisol going up after a hard workout...

So what I'm trying to do is prevent the prolactin increasing post workout and after eating... any tips ?

J

jb116

Hey there.

I'm a male and for the last 10 or so years have been treating my macroprolactinoma, they tried taking me off cabergoline once my levels were normal and it started growing and my levels went sky high within a few weeks.

My biggest indicator of something being off is my left nipple it becomes sensitive,itchy and very puffy sticks out like a cone.

I am back on the cabergoline now a few months however this time round I seem to be having surges of prolactin or maybe it's estrogen..... all I know is my nipple gets puffy and sensitive at random times of the day.

It is usually right after working out... and at it's worst about an hour afterwards or after I've eating ( will come back to that)

When I was first diagnosed I also was on hydrocortisone for adrenal insufficiency and had secondary hypogonadism.

I struggle to get or keep erections and my hair is so diffuse all over I have ended up shaving it off completely... but i'm tall and big built almost scarely big... think rugby player sized.

I grow muscle extremely easy and put on fat just as easy.

I have started to notice about 20 mins after eating my nipple puffs up.... but when I went on a low carb diet and was eating most red meat and eggs... this never happened so it got me thinking do carbs cause a prolactin increase ??

I think the increase post workout may be something to do with my cortisol going up after a hard workout...

So what I'm trying to do is prevent the prolactin increasing post workout and after eating... any tips ?
Meat and generally low carb diets spare thiamine. That may have been the relief you got in the interim as thiamine opposes prolactin well.

OP
F

fendertele

sorry but I might have misunderstood your post, low carb diets spare thiamine meaning prevent ? if thiamine is prevented and can oppose prolactin would I not want more thiamine ?

J

jb116

sorry but I might have misunderstood your post, low carb diets spare thiamine meaning prevent ? if thiamine is prevented and can oppose prolactin would I not want more thiamine ?
High carbs utilize thiamine. Meat/non-carb food not only spares thiamine but also supplies it. Beef, liver, eggs are good sources. In the carb world, oranges/OJ is a good source as well. Of course, the idea is not to cut out carbs ultimately but to ensure enough of those nutrient dense foods.

OP
F

fendertele

High carbs utilize thiamine. Meat/non-carb food not only spares thiamine but also supplies it. Beef, liver, eggs are good sources. In the carb world, oranges/OJ is a good source as well. Of course, the idea is not to cut out carbs ultimately but to ensure enough of those nutrient dense foods.

So what carbs could I take that wouldn't lower thiamine?

I plan on eating high protein and high fat as it helps my hormones but I do believe some carbs are good for my mental state.

Am I right in guessing removing all grains is the way to go? All bread all rice all oats etc... Just eating things that grow naturally in the ground and trees ?

J

jb116

So what carbs could I take that wouldn't lower thiamine?

I plan on eating high protein and high fat as it helps my hormones but I do believe some carbs are good for my mental state.

Am I right in guessing removing all grains is the way to go? All bread all rice all oats etc... Just eating things that grow naturally in the ground and trees ?
In my opinion oranges/Oj are the best, common carb that is also a good thiamin source. Eating high beef and/or liver should cover you for thiamin needs otherwise.
I don't think white rice is necessarily harmful but everybody reacts differently. I love white rice. Regarding all grains, their preparation makes a difference too. In their usual milled form
grains have anti-nutrients. But prepping or cooking them certain ways helps. Oats for example can be cooked more and add milk to make it more nutritious, or sprouted grains, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals