Need Help

K

Kratos

Hi, i've been overweight since i was 10 and im 28 right now. as of now im in shape aside from huge chest fat and hanging stomach fat that doesn't seem to go away. i have no idea what to do and need some help badly. here are results of a blood test i did recently and if anybody can see what's wrong with me it would be great. i know my tsh and prolactin are high but i don't know what to do to lower them. as of last week i've stopped eating grains and stopped eating every type of oil out there. the stomach and chest fat has been a source of my misery and it also physically hurts me when i exercise since it goes up and down. my nipples are puffy, i also have hair growth on my shoulders and back which i've read isn't normal and is hormonal. but what sticks out is the prolactin and ive been dealing with low testosterone but since it's " in range " my doctors don't care and just kick me out of the office. im going through hell with this weight and i physically and mentally don't feel good and i need to heal my body.

all done by labcorp:

testosterone, serum - 480 (264-916 ng/dl)

free testosterone (direct) - 12.9 (9.3-26.5 pg/ml)

prolactin - 20.5 (4.0-15.2 ng/ml)

estradiol sensitive - 22.6 (8.0 - 35.0 pg/ml) -

tsh - 3.340 (0.450-4.500 uIU/ml)

thyroxine (t4) - 7.4 (4.5-12.0 ug/dl)

t3 uptake - 27 (24-39%)

free thyroxine index - 2.0 (1.2-4.9)

fsh - 1.4 (1.5 - 12.4 mIU/ml)

lh - 5.1 (1.7-8.6 mIU/ml)

shbg - 30.4 (16.5-55.9 nmol/L

thank you.

Nokoni

Hi @Kratos. Your best bet is to dig in and study, both here and at raypeat.com, and then from other sources around the web. It’s a big task but one foot in front of the other and keep going. You’ve made a good first step coming here.

As for particulars to help your situation? “Young male wants to lose a few pounds and here’s a few numbers”, that’s not near enough information to say much that’s useful. There are, however, a number of things pretty much everyone should do no matter what their particular issues may be.

Diet. This is a very big project, but it must be done.

Fats. Eliminate PUFA. Drive it as close to zero as you can. When you feel repulsed from looking at a french fry or a piece of fried chicken then you’re making progress. Get a bucket of coconut oil and throw out your corn oil. Use it for making everything, including delicious healthy fries if you want. Even donuts, just don’t eat them all at once.

Carbs. Have a bit of sugar every day. The only downside to sugar is it tastes too good. Most here probably get theirs from fruit. I get mine from sugar. Bread is usually OK in moderation, but it’s important to find bread made without PUFA.

Protein. Get plenty, and mostly from animal sources. Dairy’s good unless you have lactose issues. If it’s mostly from meat then there are refinements that might be helpful, but that’s advanced. Worry about it later. And stay far away from soy.

Vitamins and minerals. Another very big project that’s just gotta be done. Ray Peat and many here prefer to get their micronutrients from food. But if you go that route it significantly complicates the project. I just assume my food has zero micronutrients and get what I need from supplementation with pills and powders. But then you gotta take every single one. Vitamins A, all the B’s, C, D, E, and K. And at least the main minerals – potassium, calcium, and magnesium. (Salt takes care of sodium.) And every one of all of the above is available in a large number of forms, some of which can actually be counterproductive. Toxinless.com can be a big help here, and kick him a couple bucks while you’re there. He’s a great resource.

At that point you have a foundation to build on and begin experimenting. For example, you might want to think about a bit of thyroid, but if you boost your metabolism while your cells lack the necessary nutrients you could potentially induce problems that might be very hard to figure out. So the foundation is important no matter what direction you then want to go.

Non-nutritional therapies that many find helpful include red light, CO2, and grounding. I use all three. Good luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals