Thyroid Or Coffee(Caffeine) Cause Gynecomastia

Ron J

I think bromocriptine should help because it's been the go-to drug for lowering prolactin for decades.
What do you think about its heart valve side effects? I think haidut once told me that it may be dose dependent, that there's a safe dose.

Travis

What do you think about its heart valve side effects? I think haidut once told me that it may be dose dependent, that there's a safe dose.

Well, I don't want anyone to take something dangerous. Do you eat wheat by chance?

Travis

No gluten/starch/grains etc.

The way I see it, from rat knockout studies, is that prolactin is not even necessary for survival. Prolactin causes growth everywhere its' receptors are expressed, meaning: the breast, the uterus, and visceral fat adipose cells are mostly enlarged. Since it: (1) increases breast cells, (2) causes a powerful calcium influx, and (3) its concentrations increase in pregnancy it is obvious what this hormone's function is.

Also released from the pituitary: prolactin is molecularly-similar to growth hormone. Prolactin is so similar, in fact, that scientists believe that it had evolutionarily diverged from it. Prolactin can also activate the growth hormone receptor.

Microarray and PCR data indicate that the prolactin receptor is transcribed through estrogen receptor α, a observation that accentuates its sex-specific function. Prolactin appears to have originated as a spin-off of growth hormone to be released during pregnancy a few million years ago in mammalian evolution. It increases breast size, breast calcium, uterine growth, and even insulates the growing fetus against cold and shock by inducing the proliferation of visceral adipose cells.

Yet, rat studies indicate that male rats can live just fine without it—albeit skinnier.

Estrogen creates the sex-specific expression of the prolactin receptor, yet its' synthesis and release from the pituitary appears to be under inhibitory control of dopamine. Yet, wheat reliably increases prolactin and the pituitary does indeed have opioid receptors; wheat is well-known to have κ- and δ-exorphins. Opiates reliably lower dopamine, perhaps making a person suspect the classic dopamine–prolactin observation needs a little refinement. The pituitary lies outside the blood–brain barrier, so it's not illogical to assume that certain opiate peptides capable of lowering dopamine specifically in that organ; the specificity of course would be determined by a high expression of either the κ- or δ-opioid receptor. It has been experimentally proven that exorphins found in wheat significantly increase serum prolactin.

Growth hormone appears under direct control of serotonin.

The μ-exorphins lower dopamine in some areas yet do not appear capable of releasing prolactin, perhaps due to the lack of μ-opioid receptors on the pituitary. As far as I know, wheat is the only food that consistently raises prolactin.

Symptoms of a given concentration of prolactin should be augmented by estrogen since it increases prolactin
receptor density. Since gynecomastia appears to be a function of estrogen × prolactin, these hormones would appear to be the prime targets.

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

PS.... if you have Hashimotos- you will be Estrogen Dominant. Eating gluten with Hashis will up your Estrogen.

Ron J

The way I see it, from rat knockout studies, is that prolactin is not even necessary for survival. Prolactin causes growth everywhere its' receptors are expressed, meaning: the breast, the uterus, and visceral fat adipose cells are mostly enlarged. Since it: (1) increases breast cells, (2) causes a powerful calcium influx, and (3) its concentrations increase in pregnancy it is obvious what this hormone's function is.

Also released from the pituitary: prolactin is molecularly-similar to growth hormone. Prolactin is so similar, in fact, that scientists believe that it had evolutionarily diverged from it. Prolactin can also activate the growth hormone receptor.

Microarray and PCR data indicate that the prolactin receptor is transcribed through estrogen receptor α, a observation that accentuates its sex-specific function. Prolactin appears to have originated as a spin-off of growth hormone to be released during pregnancy a few million years ago in mammalian evolution. It increases breast size, breast calcium, uterine growth, and even insulates the growing fetus against cold and shock by inducing the proliferation of visceral adipose cells.

Yet, rat studies indicate that male rats can live just fine without it—albeit skinnier.

Estrogen creates the sex-specific expression of the prolactin receptor, yet its' synthesis and release from the pituitary appears to be under inhibitory control of dopamine. Yet, wheat reliably increases prolactin and the pituitary does indeed have opioid receptors; wheat is well-known to have κ- and δ-exorphins. Opiates reliably lower dopamine, perhaps making a person suspect the classic dopamine–prolactin observation needs a little refinement. The pituitary lies outside the blood–brain barrier, so it's not illogical to assume that certain opiate peptides capable of lowering dopamine specifically in that organ; the specificity of course would be determined by a high expression of either the κ- or δ-opioid receptor. It has been experimentally proven that exorphins found in wheat significantly increase serum prolactin.

Growth hormone appears under direct control of serotonin.

The μ-exorphins lower dopamine in some areas yet do not appear capable of releasing prolactin, perhaps due to the lack of μ-opioid receptors on the pituitary. As far as I know, wheat is the only food that consistently raises prolactin.

Symptoms of a given concentration of prolactin should be augmented by estrogen since it increases prolactin
receptor density. Since gynecomastia appears to be a function of estrogen × prolactin, these hormones would appear to be the prime targets.
What about IGF-1? I still take 24 fluid Oz of skim milk powder for its alleged IGF-1 increase. My diet on no-fat used to be milk and casein, or just milk.

ddjd

Had you used any anti histamines like benadryl or cyproheptadine prior to getting the gynocomastia?

Travis

What about IGF-1? I still take 24 fluid Oz of skim milk powder for its alleged IGF-1 increase. My diet on no-fat used to be milk and casein, or just milk.

I think gynecomastia is more particular to prolactin, and that IGF-1 receptors are more universally expressed. I think high IGF-1 would cause pronounced growth everywhere, if it could cause it at all, yet acne would probably occur before that point.

OP
A

Abc123

PS.... if you have Hashimotos- you will be Estrogen Dominant. Eating gluten with Hashis will up your Estrogen.

I typically don’t have gluten too much. Maybe like once per week. I do notice when I have some Rice Cakes that the nipple gets worse. Or maybe it’s just in my head. I’ll try to stay clear of all grains for a while and see if I get any improvement

Shin

I typically don’t have gluten too much. Maybe like once per week. I do notice when I have some Rice Cakes that the nipple gets worse. Or maybe it’s just in my head. I’ll try to stay clear of all grains for a while and see if I get any improvement
Yep, if I overeat on carbs my breasts immediately get very puffy.
It's annoying AF, was quite overweight years ago and now all excess water weight gets stored in my breasts.

AI's didnt reduce any water weight there, might try cabergoline if I can get my hands on it.

postman

Dairy either caused, or at least made my gynecomastia a lot worse. And no joke, my junk gets smaller when I eat dairy. I don't consume dairy anymore.

And if you are strength training , follow Cole Robinsons work on you tube ( Snake Diet ) . He is a power lifter. His fasting routine , lifestyle and salt/ potassium drink is really effective.
Definitely some good information from Cole. Just looking at those Before/After pictures pisses me off though. I don't question the results at all, but its like, you don't flex in your before picture, and then they flex hard core in their after picture. That is fu**ing stupid in my opinion. Those are two different "measurements". Anyway, I'm going to look into dry fasting. I was able to quit smoking permanently after a 5 day water fast.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals