Tamoxifen Gynecomastia

chinup53

Just recently I’ve discovered that tamoxifen can help to cure (or at least reduce) gynecomastia caused during puberty.

Mine started when I was 14 years old (currently 22y) because I was obese carrying to much fat, which caused aromatization.

My plan is 10mg 2xday (morning and night) during two months. (Which is actually the traditional treatment used for gyno)

Does tamoxifen cause side effects I should be aware of? Would be beneficial for my general hormones? (Or at least not mess me up too much?).

If this does not work surgery would be the only option.

Thanks.

Tom K

Tamoxifen works by blocking estrogen receptors. The levels of estrogen will not necessarily decline if there is an issue with excessive aromatization. For increase aromatization, consider arimidex, an aromatase inhibitor. Do not go overboard with arimidex. We have had patients where all estrogen production was reduced to unhealthy levels, and have had to resort to E transdermally to bring levels to normal. Blood test of E and T are advised.

Tom K

If you older than 18-20, and weight loss has not reduced the symptoms, surgery may be the only option. Fortunately, it can be performed as an outpatient procedure.

OP
C

chinup53

Thanks for your answer. So, not even worth trying? I mean, it could be quite complicated for me to get my hands on tamoxifen since it is a controlled substance in my country and there could be legal problems if something goes wrong.

I’ve found some evidence that curcumin could help with puffy nipples but nut sure if it would do more harm than good.

Tom K

Natural aromatase inhibitors include resveratrol and green tea. Be well, Tom

postman

Tamoxifen can cause deep depression and mood swings. I think it's antiestrogenic at some areas and very estrogenic at other areas.

Maybe proviron and arimidex would help better. But all these treatments are dangerous and I don't think I would recommend any of them. Dosing is tricky and you can easily cause semi-permanent harm to yourself and even if you take them in just the right way they can still cause many problems.

Aries

Tamoxifen works by blocking estrogen receptors. The levels of estrogen will not necessarily decline if there is an issue with excessive aromatization. For increase aromatization, consider arimidex, an aromatase inhibitor. Do not go overboard with arimidex. We have had patients where all estrogen production was reduced to unhealthy levels, and have had to resort to E transdermally to bring levels to normal. Blood test of E and T are advised.
Why can't they titrate arimidex dosage or stop the drug instead of exogenous estrogen? Did the arimidex cause permanent damage to aromatase?

Tom K

In a few patients, long term arimidex permanently inhibited the aromatse enzyme. This was especially true when large doses of arimidex were employed (some large wholesale HRT groups that treated everyone the same over prescribed the drug). Blood tests are required to monitor and modulate E levels to be certain of the dose.

OP
C

chinup53

If I take some kind of drug it would be tamoxifen. It has been proven that could (and only could) cure or reduce mature gynecomastia. Not sure what to do yet actually. Until I make my mind I'm trying curcumin, let's see where it takes me...

OP
C

chinup53

Source Code that was actually really helpful. I am trying to apply those principles but not using hormones DHT derivatives are out of the equation since I do not want to face suppression.

1) I stopped my bulking process and started cutting to reduce fat and therefore aromatase. I have reduced my carbohydrates (and removed gluten completly). I’ve started implementing intermittent fasting (not eating from 9:00pm to 11am) to improve my insulin sensibility, increase morning dopamine and improve detoxification.

2) 2g glycine morning and 2g glycine night to increase 5-a-reductase activity

3) Vitamin E and R-ALA to reduce estrogens and improve liver detoxification along with NAC.

4) Caffeine intake reduced to 200mg/day only. (Pre-workout)

5) Training frequency reduced to 4/week to prevent prolactin build up. Trying to get my hands on some mucuna to improve the process.

6) Chelated Zinc before bed to reduce aromatase activity.

Anything else I should implement?

Source Code that was actually really helpful. I am trying to apply those principles but not using hormones DHT derivatives are out of the equation since I do not want to face suppression.

1) I stopped my bulking process and started cutting to reduce fat and therefore aromatase. I have reduced my carbohydrates (and removed gluten completly). I’ve started implementing intermittent fasting (not eating from 9:00pm to 11am) to improve my insulin sensibility, increase morning dopamine and improve detoxification.

2) 2g glycine morning and 2g glycine night to increase 5-a-reductase activity

3) Vitamin E and R-ALA to reduce estrogens and improve liver detoxification along with NAC.

4) Caffeine intake reduced to 200mg/day only. (Pre-workout)

5) Training frequency reduced to 4/week to prevent prolactin build up. Trying to get my hands on some mucuna to improve the process.

6) Chelated Zinc before bed to reduce aromatase activity.

Anything else I should implement?

Dont know enough about it but excess prolactin can also be behind it?If i had to,i would choose cabergoline or pramipexole over tamoxifene.

S-VV

Raloxifene is a better SERM for gyno, and because it’s used to treat osteoporosis, it’s usually not as controlled.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Natural aromatase inhibitors include resveratrol and green tea. Be well, Tom
Resveratrol is estrogenic itself even though it inhibits the aromatase, so I don't think that's a good option.
Green tea inhibits 5-AR and DHT is a great estrogen antagonist, so this is also not a good option IMO.

OP
C

chinup53

Yep I know. Nevertheless, it is more difficult to find. Will try to speak with my doctor and see if I can get a prescription.

What natural aromatase inhibitors do you recommend Hans?

mrchibbs

Topical progesterone has helped a lot of people dealing with aromatization (yes, including men!)
It's the most potent anti-estrogen of the body, so I would try that before I try anything drastic like drugs or surgery.
I've read several accounts of weird results with aromatase inhibitors. I think sometimes those drugs do more than they
are advertised to do.

Source Code

I had gyno since I was 14 too, I am now 27. At the start of this year I decided I had enough so I took a few months of raloxifene (60mg ed) and aromasin (12.5mg eod) which broke up and shrunk the pubertal gyno, then used Cleavers galium aparine by natures answer to drain my armpit lymph nodes which were swollen from the raloxifene.

Now I am using ZMA, vitamin e, Niacinamide ,Aspirin Aromasin sometimes. Pansterone. I do Iodine/Dmso transdermal on the nips when I can remember to which seems to be working to get the remnants of the gyno gone.

I tried curcumin before for a few months and it didn't do anything for me also from what I know now about SERM's I probably would have tried other methods like what I'm doing now first.

Heres some things I found on iodine
Iodine is a gatekeeper of mammary gland integrity"
AFH LIBRARY - Iodine: Bring Back the Universal Nutrient in Medicine.
AFH LIBRARY - Transdermal Iodine.

Evidence of Anti-Estrogen Effect of Iodine
Iodine Alters Gene Expression in the MCF7 Breast Cancer Cell Line: Evidence for an Anti-Estrogen Effect of Iodine

Iodine Increases Testosterone and Improves Leydig Cell Functionality
Iodine Increases Testosterone and Leydig Cell Functionality

OP
C

chinup53

I had gyno since I was 14 too, I am now 27. At the start of this year I decided I had enough so I took a few months of raloxifene (60mg ed) and aromasin (12.5mg eod) which broke up and shrunk the pubertal gyno, then used Cleavers galium aparine by natures answer to drain my armpit lymph nodes which were swollen from the raloxifene.

Now I am using ZMA, vitamin e, Niacinamide ,Aspirin Aromasin sometimes. Pansterone. I do Iodine/Dmso transdermal on the nips when I can remember to which seems to be working to get the remnants of the gyno gone.

I tried curcumin before for a few months and it didn't do anything for me also from what I know now about SERM's I probably would have tried other methods like what I'm doing now first.

Heres some things I found on iodine
Iodine is a gatekeeper of mammary gland integrity"
AFH LIBRARY - Iodine: Bring Back the Universal Nutrient in Medicine.
AFH LIBRARY - Transdermal Iodine.

Evidence of Anti-Estrogen Effect of Iodine
Iodine Alters Gene Expression in the MCF7 Breast Cancer Cell Line: Evidence for an Anti-Estrogen Effect of Iodine

Iodine Increases Testosterone and Improves Leydig Cell Functionality
Iodine Increases Testosterone and Leydig Cell Functionality

Really encouraging to hear that. A lot of people think that you can reduce or remove a gyno from your puberty but there are cases (like yourself) that seem to indicate the contrary. How long was your raloxifen treatment? Did you experience any kind of side effects?

Thanks for your insights.

Last edited:

Source Code

Really encouraging to hear that. A lot of people think that you can reduce or remove a gyno from your puberty but there are cases (like yourself) that seem to indicate the contrary. How long was your raloxifen treatment? Did you experience any kind of side effects?

Thanks for your insights.
I bought some Raloxifene from china I did it for about 10 weeks, its broke up the gladular tissue into smaller softer lumps. My lymph nodes in my armpits swelled up and were painful I think thats where your chest glands drain into so I decided to stop ,thats when I found the post about Cleavers which worked to drain the glands.

The transdermal lugols iodine/dmso seems to be doing the job for now. My plan is to do this for another couple of months and see how I go then if there is still some tissue left try transdermal DHT. If all else fails maybe a bit more raloxifene but it has shrunk enough so that I am not self conscious any more though so I already feel cured.

Good luck on the journey, its more of a mental battle than anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals