TSH over 350, seeing endo later today

aguilaroja

ilovethesea said:
archRIP said:
Okay guys, after being on 100mcg for 9 days I'm now getting classic t3 tremors and sweating, high body temperature, etc...
pretty sure that means it's being converted ok

That may be, but you'll never read anything where Ray recommends being on T4 meds only. Many people can do ok on T4 for the first few years....
100 mcg of T4 is quite a high starting dose (2 grains) ....

Just as a reminder here, archRIP was on 25 mcg of T4 previously, and had very high TSH. If using the usual T4-only medical thinking, 100 mcg seems like a responsible adjustment by the provider.

My experience is similar, that combination of T4 & T3 is a more helpful for most people in the short and long terms. As ilovethesea mentions, I have also observed that it is younger folks who have more significant relief for T4 only. I have seen good relief in some for several years.

While I hope the report indicates that T4 is working well, relief of symptoms rather than side effects is a better determinant. Hypothyroid people can be influence by hot weather, so elevated temperature and sweating is not necessarily improved thyroid function.

I think T3 tremor here refs to the "fine" hand tremor that doctors stereotype as a sign of hyperthyroidism. Again, I hope that the t4 is functioning helpfully. It is also possible the tremors/jitters are from different effects.

OP
A

archRIP

Thank you. I was on 25 for months and then I took 50 for one day and then 100 daily after that.

Only 20% of the conversion of T4 to T3 takes place in the liver, the rest is in the body's cells themselves.

ilovethesea

archRIP said:
Only 20% of the conversion of T4 to T3 takes place in the liver, the rest is in the body's cells themselves.

? I don't think so.

"The bulk of our active T3 hormone is produced in the liver, as part of a quickly adaptive system for adjusting the metabolic rate in relation to nutritional status, but the pituitary is also able to convert T4 to T3 and a high level of T4 will cause suppression of TSH secretion, even if the liver is failing to produce the active T3, as in aging, stress, cirrhosis, and various other diseases. Thyroxin can literally make hypothyroidism worse. In this case you have suppression without a compensating absorption of active hormone." - Ray Peat

This would be a great page for you to look at: http://www.functionalps.com/blog/2012/0 ... e-and-tsh/

Good luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom