Progesterone/Pregnenolone/DHEA - The youth hormones - experiences/dosages/opinions

FitnessMike

I personally don't tolerate thyroid meds and have recently started using Progesterone with DHEA in the morning with good results.

I want to test the idea that these youth hormones can actually help with organ function, hoping that they can somehow heal? my thyroid to where it could produce optimal levels of the hormones with time.

what o noticed by now:
-glycogen stores seem to be better and can go longer without a meal.
-fewer blood sugar swings, if I have coffee and play some table tennis at work(intense) i would have some low blood sugar symptoms.
-normally when i stopped taking even the little thyroid that i was taking, i would not be able to fall back asleep at night after 3am awakening, now I can.
-stoping thyroid meds doesn't cause a tight feeling in the thyroid no more.

It's early days and I surely will update further.

Phosphor

I have damaged mitochondria from FQAD. I also took thyroid for a VERY long time, naturethroid. To try to get some energy, I started taking 10 mg pregnenolone in the am. (20mg is too much; I stopped sleeping well.) I no longer need my thyroid medication, have better focus and better energy. I'm not back to normal but the difference is obvious. Since I've also taken BHRT for decades, I can't comment on its effects.

Smitty

Progesterone significantly dampens my run-down, fatigued state after a long stressful day in doses of 3-9mg. I consume ~70mg of pregnenolone orally in the evening as well to prevent androgen inhibition.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I have damaged mitochondria from FQAD. I also took thyroid for a VERY long time, naturethroid. To try to get some energy, I started taking 10 mg pregnenolone in the am. (20mg is too much; I stopped sleeping well.) I no longer need my thyroid medication, have better focus and better energy. I'm not back to normal but the difference is obvious. Since I've also taken BHRT for decades, I can't comment on its effects.
wow, so in your case pregnenolone does substitute to some degree for the thyroid, what brand are you using?

I find natural pregnenolone extracted from yams does not give insomnia as opposed to some pill versions.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

Progesterone significantly dampens my run-down, fatigued state after a long stressful day in doses of 3-9mg. I consume ~70mg of pregnenolone orally in the evening as well to prevent androgen inhibition.
are you taking progesterone internally? also what brand?

I use cortinon 3 drops in the morning and it does improve some symptoms of hypothyroidism, but its never going to be like correcting thyroid hormone deficiencies i feel.

Smitty

are you taking progesterone internally? also what brand?

I use cortinon 3 drops in the morning and it does improve some symptoms of hypothyroidism, but its never going to be like correcting thyroid hormone deficiencies i feel.
I take the Health Natura powder internally yes. Likewise, I’m taking 1.8 grains of thyroid right now and typically drop down to 1.5 in the summer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals