OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Can you keep us updated for about a week?
Sure , not everday but I think it'll only pass the test, if results stay the same for at least a month . Because I know theres like a honeymoon period with some supplements, so let's see...

@jb116 will do !

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

So I slept okay today , wasn't the best sleep as I was strangely hypoglycemic and overstimulated when I went to bed, but had a lot of morning wood lol

Geronimo

I got the honeycomb (rich source of policosanols) from Etsy yesterday. The honey in it is extra tasty, but eating the honeycomb makes me nervous, to be honest. I don't know the policosanol concentration of it, and when my mom ate some she had a massive coughing fit. I know honey, especially with the propolis and pollen still in it, can trigger allergic reactions. But eating the wax was really difficult because it formed a hard ball during chewing and got stuck in my teeth really bad. That stuff does not melt easily. I honestly think a 20-50mg policosanol supplement is a better route. Experiment failed, not because of concept but because of difficulty of practical application and dosage uncertainties. Oh well. It was probably worth the $15 to find out.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I got the honeycomb (rich source of policosanols) from Etsy yesterday. The honey in it is extra tasty, but eating the honeycomb makes me nervous, to be honest. I don't know the policosanol concentration of it, and when my mom ate some she had a massive coughing fit. I know honey, especially with the propolis and pollen still in it, can trigger allergic reactions. But eating the wax was really difficult because it formed a hard ball during chewing and got stuck in my teeth really bad. That stuff does not melt easily. I honestly think a 20-50mg policosanol supplement is a better route. Experiment failed, not because of concept but because of difficulty of practical application and dosage uncertainties. Oh well. It was probably worth the $15 to find out.
Thanks for experimenting. In this case it's probably best to go with the supplement . It's very cheap and seems to he of reasonable quality ,the pure bulk one will last 2-3 years on daily dosage of 10-20mg .

Geronimo

Thanks for experimenting. In this case it's probably best to go with the supplement . It's very cheap and seems to he of reasonable quality ,the pure bulk one will last 2-3 years on daily dosage of 10-20mg .

Yeah I'm in total agreeance. Agreement? I agree lol

So I slept okay today , wasn't the best sleep as I was strangely hypoglycemic and overstimulated when I went to bed, but had a lot of morning wood lol
Hope you had someone to share it with, lol :):
My Policosanol should arrive in a day, will try it and post.

J

jb116

Just wondering now, did you happen to take it right before bed?

LeeLemonoil

The endurance enhancing effect of octanosol is interesting. Probably a similar mechanism as Mildronat?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Just wondering now, did you happen to take it right before bed?
No , I took it in the afternoon.

@LeeLemonoil think so too! I was surprised that I got results at all. Since I dont feel anything from niacinamide, which also lowers FFA ...

J

jb116

No , I took it in the afternoon.

@LeeLemonoil think so too! I was surprised that I got results at all. Since I dont feel anything from niacinamide, which also lowers FFA ...
Ok thanks, the only other thing I can think of is the one time I "under ate" for the day, perhaps not enough carbs that day (happens once in a while for whatever reason), policosanol was stimulating to me trying to fall asleep. Just that one time. So sufficient fuel and timing of when it is taken I'd say should be considered.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Ok thanks, the only other thing I can think of is the one time I "under ate" for the day, perhaps not enough carbs that day (happens once in a while for whatever reason), policosanol was stimulating to me trying to fall asleep. Just that one time. So sufficient fuel and timing of when it is taken I'd say should be considered.
Yeah it's not a biggie I have this sometimes, could have been because of other things as well!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Day3
Still getting lower water retention better libido and gas release. Also feel a little happier . Maybe a little bit more physically capable. I feel good about taking it, like my body wants another dose everyday. Haven't done 2 daily doses though.
I took 15-20mg per day .

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

upload_2020-7-30_18-28-47.png

Uncoupling (UCP1) increased by 2 fold on policosanol . Policosanol was superior to octacosanol btw.
Also check out the temperature increase ! From 34° on a standard diet to 35,5° on policosanol + high fat diet ,which was probably still loaded with pufa .

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I noticed that policosanol has an effect on my digestive system. At first I got a lot of gas, then there was a short period of constipation, then diarrhea and now its Softish but normal stool .
Guess its detoxing something...
I mentioned in one of the studies that the digestive system is one of the 3 most targeted places by policosanol so it might really do something there ...

Anybody else got something new to report ?

I noticed that policosanol has an effect on my digestive system. At first I got a lot of gas, then there was a short period of constipation, then diarrhea and now its Softish but normal stool .
Guess its detoxing something...
I mentioned in one of the studies that the digestive system is one of the 3 most targeted places by policosanol so it might really do something there ...

Anybody else got something new to report ?

I am not experiencing any effects. Taking 20mg or so per day.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals