OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Geronimo

Skittles are pretty toxic, but they do contain sugar and carnuaba wax, which contains policosanols. Perhaps we could figure out a way to make homemade skittles without all the BS ingredients in it? This seems like a win for the Peat community.

Hair growth promoting effect of white wax and policosanol from white wax on the mouse model of testosterone-induced hair loss
Hair growth promoting effect of white wax and policosanol from white wax on the mouse model of testosterone-induced hair loss - PubMed

Inhibitor assay of 5α- reductase showed that WW and WWP inhibited significantly the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotesterone, and the IC50 values of WW and WWP were higher than that of finasteride. In Conclusion, WW and WWP could act against testosterone-induced alopecia in mice, and they promoted hair growth by inhibiting 5α-reductase activity and HFDPCs proliferation. DPCs is the target cell of WW and WWP.

Geronimo

Hair growth promoting effect of white wax and policosanol from white wax on the mouse model of testosterone-induced hair loss
Hair growth promoting effect of white wax and policosanol from white wax on the mouse model of testosterone-induced hair loss - PubMed

Inhibitor assay of 5α- reductase showed that WW and WWP inhibited significantly the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotesterone, and the IC50 values of WW and WWP were higher than that of finasteride. In Conclusion, WW and WWP could act against testosterone-induced alopecia in mice, and they promoted hair growth by inhibiting 5α-reductase activity and HFDPCs proliferation. DPCs is the target cell of WW and WWP.

So we should rub skittles on our head. Got it.

@GorillaHead @mrchibbs What do you think of this?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Some PhD in Berlin makes and sells small batches of soaps and other care-products made of policosanols and coconut oil/fat.
Citing some of the policosanol studies discussed here and also stating it being nourishing and protective to the skin

Kokosöl-Policosanol-Seife: desinfizierend bakterizid empfindliche trockene Haut | eBay
Very interesting ,but 7 euros for 100g is a bit expensive . I might give it a try though.
If it helps with hair growth we could wash our hair with it!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Well firstly it's great that it induces hair growth . But we all know that Dht doesnt cause hair loss . So it must be opposing estrogen ,prolactin, etc . in some way ...

And if it really lowers 5 alpha reductase that's definitely not a good thing :/ I think it was only on hair cells and not in vivo. So if it has the same effect in a loving organism remains to he seen... I think seeing the systemic benefits of policosanols it's more likely that it increases hair growth by another ,more beneficial, mechanism.

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

Yes, it’s context dependent.

Been ordering Swanson and Jarrow policosanol from healthmonthly uk too just in case there are customs issues with purebulk from the us

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Some PhD in Berlin makes and sells small batches of soaps and other care-products made of policosanols and coconut oil/fat.
Citing some of the policosanol studies discussed here and also stating it being nourishing and protective to the skin

Kokosöl-Policosanol-Seife: desinfizierend bakterizid empfindliche trockene Haut | eBay
I tried the soap and must say that my hair looks a little better than usual .plus theres a lot of foam from the soap so it might last some time .

I tried the soap and must say that my hair looks a little better than usual .plus theres a lot of foam from the soap so it might last some time .
Nice soap, particularly like the statement;
@Mauritio
The politosanol that remains on the skin has skin-strengthening effects. It enters the blood through the skin, so that systemic effects of the policosanol can also be expected. This includes a measurable increase in the performance of the muscles (incl. heart) as well as a shortening of the reaction time of the nerves.

Dave Clark

Nice soap, particularly like the statement;
@Mauritio
The politosanol that remains on the skin has skin-strengthening effects. It enters the blood through the skin, so that systemic effects of the policosanol can also be expected. This includes a measurable increase in the performance of the muscles (incl. heart) as well as a shortening of the reaction time of the nerves.
Not to be contrary here, but I never could understand putting much of anything in soap that is therapeutic, etc. You lather up, rinse away, how much really is there on the skin to be of use. Now, I could see maybe putting it in a cream or lotion that stays on the skin and has contact time, but find it hard to believe any substantial amount would be absorbed. A lotion/cream sounds more effective.