cremes

@cremes
I don't think it is supposed to have any drastic noticeable effect. If you read back throughout the beginning of the thread especially, the main purpose is for improved liver metabolism and glucose storage and over time it has shown to resaturate fat stores from polyunsaturated to saturated, which takes time but is what we want...

Also shown to aid the liver in "detoxing" PUFA
Indeed. I read the whole 20+ pages not long ago. I will keep at it because I have this bag of stuff and there's no reason to throw it away. :)

I was hoping to experience an improvement in cardiovascular fitness. One of the benefits of octacosanol (the primary VLFA in policosanol) is that it allows your tissues to use oxygen more efficiently. It was surmised that it was this effect that the Shute brothers noticed when doing their vitamin E therapy 90 years ago. So far I haven't noticed any improvement.

mamakitty

@cremes
I don't think it is supposed to have any drastic noticeable effect. If you read back throughout the beginning of the thread especially, the main purpose is for improved liver metabolism and glucose storage and over time it has shown to resaturate fat stores from polyunsaturated to saturated, which takes time but is what we want...

Also shown to aid the liver in "detoxing" PUFA
I see. Okay, thanks!

Dr. B

@Mauritio is @redsun still around.
For policosanol what brand are you using

I used 20mg daily of the swansons brand for 2 years… recently stopped because i have a few concerns. I think it could be causing hair loss, im also wondering wouldnt it have the same side effect of statin drugs? Similar to saw palmetto vs finasteride, natural doesn’t always mean safe or healthy…

If something lowers cholesterol wont it also reduce all your hormones… which would include cortisol but would also include testosterone dht and dhea…?

I have stopped it to see what happens.. I also feel like it could be causing shrinkage down there…

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals