charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Geronimo

Very interesting. Could raw honey be a source of policosanols? Are they heat sensitive (would pasteurization destroy them)?

I mean, people eat the waxy honeycomb. It has "20-45 times more policosanol" than sugar cane, which is what most companies extract supplemental policosanol from. The question isn't whether you can eat honeycomb to get policosanol. The question is what's the appropriate amount?

YourUniverse

I mean, people eat the waxy honeycomb. It has "20-45 times more policosanol" than sugar cane, which is what most companies extract supplemental policosanol from. The question isn't whether you can eat honeycomb to get policosanol. The question is what's the appropriate amount?
Honeycomb seems expensive where I live

Andman

awesome, thanks for the tip!

great thread in general

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Has anybody tried bees bread ? Sounds interesting.
Perga – “Bee Bread”

LeeLemonoil

Wool Wax too is comprised of fatty alcohols (and interesting sterols too) Its edible but not very tasty

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Has one of you tried either wool wax or sorghum?

Bee bread seems to be very nutrition dense but the pufa content is questionable at at least 25% of the fat. But I think they have at most 10% total fat . So say someone takes 10g/d it would come down to 0.25g of pufa which is still really low . Especially harmless if taken with a spoon of coconut oil some source of saturated fat.

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Octacosanol increases endurance even compared to trained mice by 48% .
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/109662003772519903

This study says that octacosanol is "preventing spontaneous abortion in female animals, and increasing sex drive in male animals (Deters, 1997)."
..which sounds like an increase in progesterone for the first one and an increase in testosterone for the latter one .
Effects of dietary octacosanol supplementation on laying performance, egg quality, serum hormone levels, and expression of genes related to the reproductive axis in laying hens - ScienceDirect

In the same study they showed increases in T3 , FSH and LH and especially in progesterone. Unfortunately estrogen increased too, but it was not so significant and their diet was 30% soybeans so go figure ...

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Policosanol really seems like a slam dunk... especially for the original reason it was thrust into our consciousness, pufa depletion!
Yeah If you keep in mind that that is what it does ,it makes sense that it has all these benefits.

Dave Clark

Octacosanol increases endurance even compared to trained mice by 48% .
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/109662003772519903

This study says that octacosanol is "preventing spontaneous abortion in female animals, and increasing sex drive in male animals (Deters, 1997)."
..which sounds like an increase in progesterone for the first one and an increase in testosterone for the latter one .
Effects of dietary octacosanol supplementation on laying performance, egg quality, serum hormone levels, and expression of genes related to the reproductive axis in laying hens - ScienceDirect

In the same study they showed increases in T3 , FSH and LH and especially in progesterone. Unfortunately estrogen increased too, but it was not so significant and their diet was 30% soybeans so go figure ...
Interesting. I have five Welsh Harlequin ducks that I raise for eggs (and as pets, too). This stuff is cheap enough, I'll have to see if it helps with their egg laying performance. Who'd have thought?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Interesting. I have five Welsh Harlequin ducks that I raise for eggs (and as pets, too). This stuff is cheap enough, I'll have to see if it helps with their egg laying performance. Who'd have thought?
Yeah why not ... less pufa in your eggs maybe

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Today was DAY1 of taking policosanol

I already feel:
- more energy and motivation
- better libido
- less water retention
-releasing a lot of gas

That's not too bad for just half a day...

J

jb116

Today was DAY1 of taking policosanol

I already feel:
- more energy and motivation
- better libido
- less water retention
-releasing a lot of gas

That's not too bad for just half a day...
Nice. Let me know about your sleep!
I'd like to see if it mirrors my experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals