J

jb116

Is georgi referring to the pure bulk product in this video?
Because if he is I dont think he's right .
It says 30% octacosanols ,but 98% policosanols. So the other 68% ,besides the octacosanol ,have to be other long chain alcohols and not starch as he is guessing .

It's actually further explained in the amount per serving . You see it's actually 40% octacosanol ,35% triacontanol and 20% hexaconsanol , which leaves only 5 % for the rest ,of which 3% have to be other policosanols . If the vendor isnt lying of course . So I wouldnt mind seeing a certificate of analysis!
Bu the way, triacontanol ,actually has a higher carbon chain length than octacosanol ,so it's a longer chain fatty acid even than octacosanol!

Amount Per Serving% Daily Value*Policosanol 10 mg standardized to contain...†
Triacontanol 3.5 mg†
Octacosanol 4 mg†
Hexacosanol 2 mg†

Nice @Mauritio !

You are correct, I can see the mg amounts of each on my label and it aligns with the percentages you posted. Also, my thoughts about the last 5% are that there may be 10ths of a percentage that are not required to be printed (although I don't see why one wouldn't in this case). But basically if there is let's say .25% of the octa and hexa not published it could account for the remaining 5%. I will request a COA and report back - if they send it!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Nice @Mauritio !

You are correct, I can see the mg amounts of each on my label and it aligns with the percentages you posted. Also, my thoughts about the last 5% are that there may be 10ths of a percentage that are not required to be printed (although I don't see why one wouldn't in this case). But basically if there is let's say .25% of the octa and hexa not published it could account for the remaining 5%. I will request a COA and report back - if they send it!
Yeah I agree . Definently it's not 70 % starch. Maybe haidut was talking about another one .

I already requested a coa :D

J

jb116

Yeah I agree . Definently it's not 70 % starch. Maybe haidut was talking about another one .

I already requested a coa :D
Haha you beat me to the punch! Oh well, hopefully we both get one and then we can even compare :)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Haha you beat me to the punch! Oh well, hopefully we both get one and then we can even compare :)
Yeah they make it pretty easy to request. Usually we should have done it before ordering the product, but you know ... impatience :D

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Here's the coa :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200721-200309_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200721-200309_Drive.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 165
Good stuff. I ordered some policosanols made with biocosanols which is supposed to be more standardized and contain more octasonal than normal.

Haidut was also saying that policosanols help deplete PUFA by keeping the liver and kidneys healthy to excrete the PUFA. Seems plausible as replacing the PUFA with Saturated fat with such small amounts (10 - 20 mg) seems like a tough task.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

:thumbsup:

Excellent, it's looking OK to me. Mine is identical to yours. One thing I noticed different is yours doesn't have a Lot Number, otherwise my COA is identical.
Yes but that's just because I didn't give them a lot number since I didn't receive my product yet (I think it's on the product)

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

:thumbsup:

Excellent, it's looking OK to me. Mine is identical to yours. One thing I noticed different is yours doesn't have a Lot Number, otherwise my COA is identical.
Also its weird that the manufacturer and the actual vendor have different values for the octacosanol content (40% vs. 32%)

J

jb116

Yes but that's just because I didn't give them a lot number since I didn't receive my product yet (I think it's on the product)
Ahh ok, I get ya

Also its weird that the manufacturer and the actual vendor have different values for the octacosanol content (40% vs. 32%)
Is it maybe purebulk's generic baseline, the absolute minimum promised, I suppose. So it's like baselike versus exact percentages from COA for that particular batch.

Geronimo

What about honeycomb? It appears to be incredibly dense in long-chain fatty alcohols and doesn't possess the impurities found elsewhere. It's also delicious if it still has the honey in it. It can be found on Etsy for $14 a pound.

Policosanol fabrication from insect wax and optimization by response surface methodology

"Policosanol was originally isolated from sugar cane (Saccharum officinarum L.) [14]. Currently, policosanol is fabricated from beeswax, rice bran wax, sorghum kernel and wheat germ [15]. The content of wax ester in insect wax is higher than that in rice bran wax, which is 85–90% [16]. Insect wax is more pure compared with rice bran wax, which contains impurities such as unsaturated aliphatic acids, glycerides, free acids, gum impurities, hydrocarbons, and so on, in addition to wax esters [16–18]. Moreover, insect wax consists of cerylcerotate as the major component, and the main policosanols fabricated from rice bran wax are docosanol and tetracosanol [18]. Therefore, insect wax represents a potential alternative to rice bran wax for policosanol fabrication"

YourUniverse

What about honeycomb? It appears to be incredibly dense in long-chain fatty alcohols and doesn't possess the impurities found elsewhere. It's also delicious if it still has the honey in it. It can be found on Etsy for $14 a pound.

Policosanol fabrication from insect wax and optimization by response surface methodology

"Policosanol was originally isolated from sugar cane (Saccharum officinarum L.) [14]. Currently, policosanol is fabricated from beeswax, rice bran wax, sorghum kernel and wheat germ [15]. The content of wax ester in insect wax is higher than that in rice bran wax, which is 85–90% [16]. Insect wax is more pure compared with rice bran wax, which contains impurities such as unsaturated aliphatic acids, glycerides, free acids, gum impurities, hydrocarbons, and so on, in addition to wax esters [16–18]. Moreover, insect wax consists of cerylcerotate as the major component, and the main policosanols fabricated from rice bran wax are docosanol and tetracosanol [18]. Therefore, insect wax represents a potential alternative to rice bran wax for policosanol fabrication"
Very interesting. Could raw honey be a source of policosanols? Are they heat sensitive (would pasteurization destroy them)?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Policosanol decreases lipid peroxidation by pufa in the liver .
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAGegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2RieipOpnXmKRDbUkhqKVg

This study shows that octacosanol not only goes to the liver ,but also the digestive tract and especially the muscles ! Where it really piles up over time . Might explain the endurance and strength benefits.
Tissue Distribution of (8-14C)-Octacosanol in Liver and Muscle of Rats after Serial Administration

Long term administration can actually prevent atherosclerosis.
Protective effect of policosanol on atherosclerotic plaque on aortas in monkeys - PubMed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals