I would recommend people with PFS to stay well clear of these. I posted a study showing it inhibited 5AR and my own experience is that taking 20 MG orally (the PureBulk product) gave me quite obvious symptoms of inhibition. Brain fog, headache, derealization and spaced out all day. Topically also increased nipple sensitivity.

First heard about these policosanols on the hair loss board and after trying them, was quite surprised that people here were so enthusiastic about it. Not for me.

Broken man

I would recommend people with PFS to stay well clear of these. I posted a study showing it inhibited 5AR and my own experience is that taking 20 MG orally (the PureBulk product) gave me quite obvious symptoms of inhibition. Brain fog, headache, derealization and spaced out all day. Topically also increased nipple sensitivity.

First heard about these policosanols on the hair loss board and after trying them, was quite surprised that people here were so enthusiastic about it. Not for me.
Interesting, can you post the study?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I think we all agreed that that study isnt really relevant.

Not for you and for people with actually normal DHT levels it probably isn't. For me it is, so I'm going to stay away, and I urged people with my condition to do the same. It doesn't have to apply to you or the majority of people here.

J

jb116

That's totally blown out of proportion and essentially has the same very acute 5aR inhibitor effect like coconut oil. It just says dr. Pete has mentioned that the metabolic benefits outweigh that acute so-called negative effect. And ya don't hear many people suffering ill effects by eating coconut oil. What I suggest is perhaps not to take it at night time regardless of who you are.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

High_Prob

Just wow , from day 1 I had the feeling that this is an androgenic substance but this study shows that policosanol is possibly
  • An agonist on the androgen receptor
  • Increases the longevity factor klotho 4-10 fold in just 24 hours
  • And thus maybe therapeutic for cancer
  • Is effective against covid 19

I'm happy I never stopped taking it

Policosanol is antiviral and a potent inducer of anti-aging gene Klotho – To Extract Knowledge from Matter
P.s. can anybody figure out the dosage

It is also apparently an inverse agonist on the Vitamin D Receptor...

dukesbobby777

I also don’t notice much from this supplement, but when I hold it under my tongue for 20-30mins, my vision becomes slightly crisper. Hard to notice any other effects at the moment but I will try to look out for them.

LeeLemonoil

Other interesting copounds might be, aside beeswax, waxes from jasmine oor rose taht are traditionaly used in skincare for making salves. They, like beeswax, aside from policosanols carry significant amounts of specific aroma molecules which are very interesting

tankasnowgod

Not for you and for people with actually normal DHT levels it probably isn't. For me it is, so I'm going to stay away, and I urged people with my condition to do the same. It doesn't have to apply to you or the majority of people here.

Here's the full study..... if you can point to the place where the researchers measured DHT in any of the mice, that would be a good starting point. Doesn't look like they did to me.

Attachments

• wang2017.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
Here's the full study..... if you can point to the place where the researchers measured DHT in any of the mice, that would be a good starting point. Doesn't look like they did to me.

They did not, so I cannot provide you with that information. Only a 5-AR inhibition assay was performed. But I presume that is not sufficient evidence for you. Fair enough, it was for me, along with my personal experience - which is why I dropped this compound.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Some PhD in Berlin makes and sells small batches of soaps and other care-products made of policosanols and coconut oil/fat.
Citing some of the policosanol studies discussed here and also stating it being nourishing and protective to the skin

Kokosöl-Policosanol-Seife: desinfizierend bakterizid empfindliche trockene Haut | eBay
I actually use that soap everyday. I know that I commented on the price, but it foams like crazy so it will last a long time .
When I shower my body with it I actually feel like theres an effect similar to when I supplement it, so maybe theres some absorption. Not sure though, the very least one will get a very high quality soap ,without any bad ingridients with possibly even some pro metabolic effect .
Thanks for bringing it up!

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Another goodie . I have previously (in this thread) talked about policosanols aldosterone lowering effects in Rats. Now this is a a human study . And it shows that 20mg/day of policosanols actually decreased aldosterone by 42 % ! 10mg only reduced it up to 35 % so if you want the full benefit go for 20 mg (I wonder what would have happened with 30 or 40 mg?)

"Aldosterone levels in all groups were 19–29 ng/dL at week 0, whereas, groups 2 and 3 showed significant reductions up to 35% (19.6 ± 2.1 ng/dL) and 42% (14 ± 1.5 ng/dL) respectively, compared with week 0. "

Long-Term Consumption of Cuban Policosanol Lowers Central and Brachial Blood Pressure and Improves Lipid Profile With Enhancement of Lipoprotein Properties in Healthy Korean Participants

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals