Stephanie Buttermore's Success Story Of "Going All In"

OP
B

B___Danny

What is more radical and risky- taking drugs from IdealLabs or listening to your biological cravings for food and water?
Hey Vinny, I know you were screwed over by following the advice given by the diet recovery advocates. Have you changed your dietary approach and are you making any progress towards weight loss?

I know Cirion went "all in" which resulted in him reaching nearly 300lbs. The fact that even at his highest weight he still had an appetite for well over 5k calories tells me that the whole diet recovery does not work. At least, not for a good percentage of people. I tried it myself about 4 years ago but I had to abort when I had gained over 30lbs in about 2 months. I simply couldn't deal with it psychologically.

If you read Cirion’s last posts on the forums you will find the opposite to be true.

Jennifer

There are also people who tried an 'all in' approach,not bc of a history of restriction,but because they want to heal. Those generally seem to be the people for whom this approach does not work.
This is something I've noticed during my time on the youreatopia forum.

If I'm understanding Stephanie's story correctly, she was very active in sports and had a huge appetite as a child, grows up and is hungry, tired, cold and unhappy while training on a 900 calorie a day diet, decides to "go all in" and increases her calories by an average of 4100 and stops training, then resumes training, her weight stabilises at a 42 lb increase as her appetite decreases, says her weight and appetite decreased in tandem. She now eats less than she did while refeeding but more than she did prior to going all in and is slowly losing the weight she gained while no longer being hungry, tired, cold and unhappy. Seems like a logical outcome for someone overcoming an eating disorder, and similar to my experience in terms of weight gain and weight loss.

I'm 5'1" and started out at 99 lbs with a daily caloric intake of 2,500+, began eating a daily minimum of 6,000 calories up to 10,000 during times of "extreme hunger," gained all over but really ballooned in my belly, my weight stabilized at 145 and began dropping as soon as my appetite decreased until I was back down to 99 lbs at 2,500+ calories daily. I refed for about a year and a half total and not only did I not heal the issues I was trying to heal by refeeding (mainly poor thyroid function and all the downstream issue stemming from it), I developed new ones. My experience is far from unique.

I'm all for honoring cravings, but it still requires some navigating for many of us. I certainly wouldn't advise a person with a food allergy to honor their craving for that allergenic food. Even years after refeeding, I still struggle to tolerate one of the foods I crave most -- dairy.

Tarmander

I know Cirion went "all in" which resulted in him reaching nearly 300lbs. The fact that even at his highest weight he still had an appetite for well over 5k calories tells me that the whole diet recovery does not work. At least, not for a good percentage of people. I tried it myself about 4 years ago but I had to abort when I had gained over 30lbs in about 2 months. I simply couldn't deal with it psychologically.

Do you know what ever happened to him? Last time I talked to him he was starting to get some good results and was losing weight. He stopped responding to me though

Dutchie

What is more radical and risky- taking drugs from IdealLabs or listening to your biological cravings for food and water?

Another generalized assumption........I actually wouldn't know the answer to this question,because I don't take any drugs nor anything from IdealLabs.

OP
B

B___Danny

Another generalized assumption........I actually wouldn't know the answer to this question,because I don't take any drugs nor anything from IdealLabs.

It wasn't meant for you, it was a general question for the forum.

OP
B

B___Danny

If someone is willing to make a thread in which users can post detailed, specific accounts of their success or failure with intuitive eating, I think that would do great services for the forum as a whole. I have had great success in just a few months, and I will be back in a year or two to tell my full story. Other than that, I have nothing left to say.

Last edited:

Dutchie

What is working for you nowadays?

The most progress I made healthwise lately,I feel is from keeping low oxalate and incorporating some more higher ca:ph food sources though I by no means have a diet that's close to Peats recommendations.

OP
B

B___Danny

The most progress I made healthwise lately,I feel is from keeping low oxalate and incorporating some more higher ca:ph food sources though I by no means have a diet that's close to Peats recommendations.

I see that you said you're into Aajonus. I have heard nothing but success from his work. Have you considered looking into it

Dutchie

I see that you said you're into Aajonus. I have heard nothing but success from his work. Have you considered looking into it

No....I've never dared taking the carnivore leap, bc I'm afraid I'll get completely backed up (and possibly gain more bodyfat). Even though I know there are people who see issues of constipation disappear. Fiber for me is a questionable thing....it can cause problems yet I also can't function properly without it.
And.....eating nothing other than animal sources, isn't really appetizing and something that I wouldn't be able to keep up. I also couldn't keep it up financially,I think.

If you read Cirion’s last posts on the forums you will find the opposite to be true.

It seems like many people are led to ill health following their biological cravings in today's world with our modern, highly processed, and artificial food that's so abundantly available.

I see nothing radical about taking haidut's supplements. They're meant to give people a slight nudge in the direction they want to go without causing any hormonal downregulation.

I don't remember Cirion's last post but I spoke with him via PMs until his departure. He was still very much overweight with extreme hunger at all hours of the day and night. His most recent body weight fluctuations were likely water weight. He did not achieve notable weight loss eating ad libitum.

Do you know what ever happened to him? Last time I talked to him he was starting to get some good results and was losing weight. He stopped responding to me though
He disappeared in December of last year. It seemed like he was making slight progress but it most likely was water weight. Or much worse... Diabetes. I wish he'd come back and give us all an update.

Korven

He disappeared in December of last year. It seemed like he was making slight progress but it most likely was water weight. Or much worse... Diabetes. I wish he'd come back and give us all an update.

I am also curious what happened to Cirion. I enjoyed his posts and his struggles with trying to improve his health felt very relatable... sometimes it's just really damn hard to know what the right thing to do is. Really hope he found the metabolic health and weight loss he was looking for.

redsun

I am also curious what happened to Cirion. I enjoyed his posts and his struggles with trying to improve his health felt very relatable... sometimes it's just really damn hard to know what the right thing to do is. Really hope he found the metabolic health and weight loss he was looking for.

Maybe he did. Though I dont think he found the weight loss he was looking for with that Billy craig experiment type stuff.

He probably just started to eat reasonably with proper macros and is slowly dieting himself down in weight and if this is the case the resentment he would have for the advice he got (specifically someone coached him to eat endlessly causing him to gain all the weight that he did, never gave a name) and for all the crap he got into by other people who basically working along the same lines as the one that coached him, would probably mean he will never come back here ever again.

Or he gave up and is now just eating whatever the **** nowadays and living life with all that weight. Hope not but we will never really know whats going on with him unless he tells us himself.

Jennifer

If someone is willing to make a thread in which users can post detailed, specific accounts of their success or failure with intuitive eating, I think that would do great services for the forum as a whole.
Do you, though? You'd want to hear both sides not just pick holes in the approaches of those it didn't work for just to prove to yourself that it works for all because it's working for you? I don't mean to come off as rude but speaking for myself, some of your responses here and in the youreatopia thread have come across as if to imply we didn't do it right because it's working for you. I think it's awesome you're doing so well with your approach, I mean that, and I agree with the importance of following our cravings and have said so many times on this forum and others, but even when you do come back in a year or two to share the amazing healing you experienced from going all in, I'll be genuinely happy for you but it still won't change my experience with it.

And just because others use non-food items like haidut's supplements, doesn't mean they're going against their intuition. My intuition told me, even when I didn't "crave" it and doctors were against it, that NDT would help me to breathe again and stop passing out and it did. Sure there are some here who have taken Ray's advice to the extreme due to a learning curve, desperation, fear etc., but there are plenty of members who take only what makes them feel better and eat what they like. Some also just happen to crave the basic foods that Ray suggests, me being one of them and a reason why I've never fully abandoned his work. The basic foods he suggests is what I imagine would make up Wonka's diet and to me, it's the tastiest diet on the planet. :D

Anyhow, I wish you all the best as you continue to heal and prove to yourself that you can trust your intuition.

Tarmander

Maybe he did. Though I dont think he found the weight loss he was looking for with that Billy craig experiment type stuff.

He probably just started to eat reasonably with proper macros and is slowly dieting himself down in weight and if this is the case the resentment he would have for the advice he got (specifically someone coached him to eat endlessly causing him to gain all the weight that he did, never gave a name) and for all the crap he got into by other people who basically working along the same lines as the one that coached him, would probably mean he will never come back here ever again.

Or he gave up and is now just eating whatever the **** nowadays and living life with all that weight. Hope not but we will never really know whats going on with him unless he tells us himself.
Last time I talked to him, he was telling me his problem was he was not pushing calories enough...he was not committed enough for it to work. He was up to 8k calories a day and sometimes higher.

Dutchie

I wouldn't blame him.
Honestly,the past couple of years I also felt done with this entire scene bc not only did I gain quite some fat in the wrong places,I also got added health issues on top. I've basically had the same happen,consulted a Peat inspired nutrition coach, from which I only heard eat more....waste of money.

OP
B

B___Danny

Our body will get rid of excess muscle tissue if it knows the muscle will not be of use. What makes you think fat would be any different? Excess fat and excess muscle are non-optimal physiology, your body is smart enough to get the job done.

OP
B

B___Danny

Do you, though? You'd want to hear both sides not just pick holes in the approaches of those it didn't work for just to prove to yourself that it works for all because it's working for you? I don't mean to come off as rude but speaking for myself, some of your responses here and in the youreatopia thread have come across as if to imply we didn't do it right because it's working for you. I think it's awesome you're doing so well with your approach, I mean that, and I agree with the importance of following our cravings and have said so many times on this forum and others, but even when you do come back in a year or two to share the amazing healing you experienced from going all in, I'll be genuinely happy for you but it still won't change my experience with it.

And just because others use non-food items like haidut's supplements, doesn't mean they're going against their intuition. My intuition told me, even when I didn't "crave" it and doctors were against it, that NDT would help me to breathe again and stop passing out and it did. Sure there are some here who have taken Ray's advice to the extreme due to a learning curve, desperation, fear etc., but there are plenty of members who take only what makes them feel better and eat what they like. Some also just happen to crave the basic foods that Ray suggests, me being one of them and a reason why I've never fully abandoned his work. The basic foods he suggests is what I imagine would make up Wonka's diet and to me, it's the tastiest diet on the planet. :D

Anyhow, I wish you all the best as you continue to heal and prove to yourself that you can trust your intuition.

I am open for everything. I am just looking for the truth. I would be more interested in the negative experiences than positive experiences.

redsun

Last time I talked to him, he was telling me his problem was he was not pushing calories enough...he was not committed enough for it to work. He was up to 8k calories a day and sometimes higher.

Yeh so not good indications but in the end I am just guessing, but hoping for the best outcome.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals