Stephanie Buttermore's Success Story Of "Going All In"

Discussion in 'Weight' started by B___Danny, Jun 11, 2020.

1. B___Danny

B___Danny Member

Stephanie has been eating ad libitum for over a year now. She gained over 40 pounds, and she is only 5 foot 3 inches in height. Her weight is now returning to her optimal range, although she already looks healthy and robust.

2. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

It's impressive and brave what she did,especially when being on YouTube.
    Fortunately for her she's a succes story.

However this sort of thing does not work,when you're dealing with underlying health issues. I tried something similar years ago,despite the fact that I wasn't experiencing insatiable hunger like she described having. (but I needed to gain some weight)
    It can wreck your health even more, so be careful when seeing and reading succes stories like hers.....it unfortunately only works for few of us.

3. OP
    B___Danny

B___Danny Member

Can you elaborate on your underlying health issues as well as how it wrecks health?

4. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

I not only gained fat all around my midsection but also moles/age spots covered allover my body,many more food intolerances,massive hairloss and thinning,teeth eroding....to name a few things.

5. opson123

opson123 Member

Isn't this what @Kelj has been saying? Weight gain after restriction followed by weight normalization.

6. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

I think gaining beyond 30-40lbs during recovery leads to unproductive patterns. A gain of 20lbs is typically needed/expected for underweight people. The increase in moles/age spots is probably from the increased production of estrogen from the adipose tissues, along with the greater quantities of free fatty acids interacting with iron. To me, it's clear moles are formed from this interaction of estrogen, PUFAs and iron.

It's clearly not as simple as eating more foods. I would think low-fat, high protein diet, along with carrot salad and blood donations, and some vitamin E would help lose the excess weight will detoxifying the estrogen and endotoxin (liver needs a lot of protein to do its job), and some vitamin E protects against the anti-metabolic effects of releasing the stored FFA.

7. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

Clearly the weight normalization doesn't always follow. It's not as simple as ''eating your way to health''.

8. opson123

opson123 Member

Yeah, I haven't been fat or restored my health, so I can't really say much, was just pointing out what Kelj has been saying and what worked for her.

9. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

I had discussions with her before on this. She's good hearted and she believes in it, but I feel like there's enough evidence to show that we need to be careful about the ''refeeding'' phase. It is necessary to rebuild the tissues after years of stress, but initially, the metabolism is so bad at oxidizing glucose and in a stressed state so much of the fat goes to storage, and in time that makes matters worse, especially if the focus on reducing PUFAs isn't really there. Estrogen also continually is being produced in fat tissues so that makes matters worse and slows down metabolism after a while, especially if the liver isn't capable of detoxifying it. (since it has to deal with endotoxin and PUFAs).

10. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

That's the thing....during this time I was already eating according to Peat principles, so no PUFA oils. Since I was underweight my PUFA stores would've already been depleted.
    At the time I also took vit.E. I stopped using it about 1.5 years ago,bc I had a genetics test done and according to the results it was suggested that Vit.E (standard tocopherol) has a negative effect on it.
    Anyway,I haven't noticed a difference in bodyfat during the time I took it or any negative effects from when I stopped taking it.

That's the thing,I can't eat low fat bc 1) I can't eat enough carbs to make up for the fat and 2) I can't have a bowel movement at all anymore if I don't eat enough fat. (I eat to satiety so I don't know about the exact amounts)

11. OP
    B___Danny

B___Danny Member

We all have the same human bodies. The reason many quit is because of the immense mental stress they create. Your body never does anything to hurt you, there is no example of it. Your body signals what food to come in and the amounts. You hurt the whole system if you go against those signals. It is like choosing to not breathe in air. Given adequate time, why would your body hold on to excess fat? The fat is there for many reason during the recovery process. It is a place to dump all dead cells and toxins. The excess adipose tissue is very beneficial for as long as the body needs it.

Diabetes and obesity are one in the same. Diabetes is an adaptation by the organism towards using endogenous energy sources for glucose. We known that in diabetes the body adapts toward using your own tissue for glucose because there has not been enough calories and macros that can be converted to glucose supplied for an extended period of time (usually some decades or generations). The organism adapts to burning muscle tissue for glucose. Obesity is one in the same. The adipose tissue has become the main provider of energy (this can be enhanced through epigenetics), so the body will obviously add to this tissue until it de-adapts from a catabolic state due to sufficient caloric intake.

12. OP
    B___Danny

B___Danny Member

Throw away the scale. Body fat takes up the most space and is the lowest contributor your total weight. Look up a picture of 5 pounds of fat and compare that to your excess fat. I doubt anyone that calls themselves overweight even has 10-15 excess pounds of fat.
    Its time we start respecting our bodies and using logic.

13. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

What makes you think I weigh myself? LOL....I don't even own a scale. By weight I'm not overweight....but everything's situated in my lower midsection.
    As I said,it's definitely fatgain and not muscle (I can pinch various rolls around my waist.....my midsection looks like the Michelin-man when I sit down)

14. rei

rei Member

Just try adding 300mg of cholesterol powder to every meal, i doubt the "weight gain before normalization" ever manifests. It is a sign of metabolic mismatch.

If everything works right there should not be such a big carousel about eating, take a look at the other end of the spectrum, 12 days fasting

15. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

No we don't have the same human bodies. We can have very different physiologies based on epigenetic and individual development.

16. OP
    B___Danny

B___Danny Member

Please elaborate. All epigenetics determine is what genes are more easily expressed. Genes are interchangeable from day to day. We all have the same human DNA.

17. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

Sure, I'm speaking of transgenerational epigenetics, and the process of development. I use the term 'epigenetic' because it is the common term to refer to environmental influences. I don't put much stock into actual genetic theory and genetic determinism, which I think has been an unmitigated disaster.

I see 4 pathways which can explain differences between people.

1) The transgenerational effects of a stress (micronutrient deficiency, toxin exposure, environmental inadequacy, emotional trauma). This is the effect separated by at least 1 generation. This can be expressed as a profound tendency for hypothyroidism, hair loss, diabetes etc.
    2) Health of the parents before conception, which has been shown to affect the health of the offsprings.
    3) The early-life circumstances (maternal nutrition, lack of touch, breastfeeding, social bonds etc.)
    4) The individual perception of stress as a person during development in adolescence and adulthood.

I think all these factors affect our physiologies and different ways and can be reflected in someone who needs ''unphysiologically'' large doses of nutrients to feel good, or having a much harder time compensating inherited physiological tendencies.

This is what I mean by saying we don't have the same human bodies. In fact the state of our physiologies can be so radically different (with chronically elevated serotonin since birth for example) that it truly becomes an apples to oranges comparison. The individuality of deficiencies and requirements is real and in my view, defines much of the complexity of treatment and justifies a great deal of individual experimentation.

18. OP
    B___Danny

B___Danny Member

That is interesting. However, our different nutritional needs will show in our cravings. The body signals cravings in the same way it beats the heart. It has been my experience that my nutritional deficiencies have been adressed by craving and are continued to be dressed by craving. It is just the same as the craving for water. Some may need more water, some may need less.

19. mrchibbs

mrchibbs Member

Sure, but I have an inkling that we become less attuned to our cravings in a low metabolic state, and many of the foods which are truly therapeutic, are often not available in people's lives and/or they don't make the effort to actively source good foods (shellfish is a big example I've found)

20. OP
    B___Danny

B___Danny Member

True. I just had some raw seafood today and realized how much I was missing out. But I think if you eat a wide range of food, your body can signal which foods it needs out of the food supply you have formulated for it.