Stephanie Buttermore's Success Story Of "Going All In"

Vinny

Throw away the scale. Body fat takes up the most space and is the lowest contributor your total weight. Look up a picture of 5 pounds of fat and compare that to your excess fat. I doubt anyone that calls themselves overweight even has 10-15 excess pounds of fat.
Its time we start respecting our bodies and using logic.
I,m glad I followed shitt advices (a cult preaching actually) like yours for only a short time. Not enough short tho to avoid morbid obese, but enough not to face somethin worse.

And throwing the scale (wtf???) is another deleterious crapp cult-ysh suggestion. What,s the ******* problem with it?
Anyway, have some mercy at least and spare me your reply, please...

Dutchie

That is interesting. However, our different nutritional needs will show in our cravings. The body signals cravings in the same way it beats the heart. It has been my experience that my nutritional deficiencies have been adressed by craving and are continued to be dressed by craving. It is just the same as the craving for water. Some may need more water, some may need less.

This is not the case for everyone. You can't always trust and eat what you crave.
Cravings can be brought on by parasites etc.to grow.
Thats one of the reasons why going 'all in' doesn't work for everyone.

OP
B

B___Danny

This is not the case for everyone. You can't always trust and eat what you crave.
Cravings can be brought on by parasites etc.to grow.
Thats one of the reasons why going 'all in' doesn't work for everyone.

Parasites and bacterial infections are largely misunderstood by the mainstream. Look into Aajonus Vonderplanitz beliefs about viruses, bacteria, and parasites.

OP
B

B___Danny

I,m glad I followed shitt advices (a cult preaching actually) like yours for only a short time. Not enough short tho to avoid morbid obese, but enough not to face somethin worse.

And throwing the scale (wtf???) is another deleterious crapp cult-ysh suggestion. What,s the ******* problem with it?

When did it become a cult to nourish and respect your body? It is insane to say that.

Dutchie

Parasites and bacterial infections are largely misunderstood by the mainstream. Look into Aajonus Vonderplanitz beliefs about viruses, bacteria, and parasites.

Yes,I know Aajonus Vonderplanitz . He's well known in the carnivore community.
I'm not talking about fearmongering from eating raw meat and such.
Just because some guru writes about it, that doesn't change my experience.
If people want to go 'all in' and believe it'll be the answer to their issues and everyone will get a happy end result....by all means do so.

Sadly,there are more people on here for whom the 'all in' approach didn't work.

OP
B

B___Danny

There is no need to weigh yourself on the scale unless you are a Boxer. I don’t know your goals and values but I will guess that you want to have a low body fat percentage and lose fat. You can lose 20 pounds and it will all be muscle and water. And you can also gain 20 pounds and it be muscle and water
Yes,I know Aajonus Vonderplanitz . He's well known in the carnivore community.
I'm not talking about fearmongering from eating raw meat and such.
Just because some guru writes about it, that doesn't change my experience.
If people want to go 'all in' and believe it'll be the answer to their issues and everyone will get a happy end result....by all means do so.

Sadly,there are more people on here for whom the 'all in' approach didn't work.

Whats is your definition of success? What timeline do you consider sufficient?

Dutchie

There is no need to weigh yourself on the scale unless you are a Boxer. I don’t know your goals and values but I will guess that you want to have a low body fat percentage and lose fat. You can lose 20 pounds and it will all be muscle and water. And you can also gain 20 pounds and it be muscle and water

Whats is your definition of success? What timeline do you consider sufficient?

Succes imo is whatever goal(s) a certain person has in mind to go 'all in' and being able to achieve that goal.
I don't (and didn't at the time) have a timeline in mind for it, however when I'm getting more severe reactions and deterioration on top (on a consistent basis)....that's where I draw the line.

Tarmander

It's impressive and brave what she did,especially when being on YouTube.
Fortunately for her she's a succes story.

However this sort of thing does not work,when you're dealing with underlying health issues. I tried something similar years ago,despite the fact that I wasn't experiencing insatiable hunger like she described having. (but I needed to gain some weight)
It can wreck your health even more, so be careful when seeing and reading succes stories like hers.....it unfortunately only works for few of us.

I came to say something very similar to this. I experienced the same

That woman gained weight in ALL the right places, and NONE of the wrong places(tummy)

I think Matt Stone said that around 20% of people did well on the eat everything diet...meaning they gained weight at first, leveled off, and then lost it.

The other 80% just gained and gained.

It is a risky move that puts social ostracism, career failure, and relationship failure on the line.

OP
B

B___Danny

It just comes down to what do you have more trust in- the human body and nature, or unproven new age beliefs. Even if it is true that only 20 percent of people are suceeding, that is still 200 or more times better than the success rate of caloric restriction. And even when caloric restriction "works", does it really improve life quality? I guess it comes down to one's values that is only up to them to judge. It is one's own choice at the end of the day. Sure it can be a tough process, but anything or anyone lost in the process proved that it or they never had any substance or worth to begin with.

Dutchie

It just comes down to what do you have more trust in- the human body and nature, or unproven new age beliefs. Even if it is true that only 20 percent of people are suceeding, that is still 200 or more times better than the success rate of caloric restriction. And even when caloric restriction "works", does it really improve life quality? I guess it comes down to one's values that is only up to them to judge. It is one's own choice at the end of the day. Sure it can be a tough process, but anything or anyone lost in the process proved that it or they never had any substance or worth to begin with.

Going off your comments I get the impression that you think that 'going all in' automatically goes together with restriction.
There are also people who tried an 'all in' approach,not bc of a history of restriction,but because they want to heal. Those generally seem to be the people for whom this approach does not work.

@Tarmander at the time Matt Stone wasn't so vocal about the minimal success of the outcome. I heard an interview with him on YT of a couple of months ago and it was the first time that I heard him say that this generally is much herder for 'older' people and that lots of them never lose the extra fat they'd put on.

mrchibbs

I think you'll find that calorie-restriction is despised by most people on this forum. That being said, it's much more intelligent to apply your eating from a physiological perspective. Namely, eating small meals more often vs. big meals, understanding the value of salt, and responding to salt cravings, drinking a little milk at night to stop the parathyroid, avoiding excess dietary fat, eating a raw carrot salad to lower endotoxin, eating oysters to improve zinc/copper/selenium status and lower prolactin, enough protein daily, drinking coffee with cream instead of black, ripe or cooked fruits, sweet juices etc.

Simply eating at will is a very potent anti-stress strategy, as just about any food is better than no food, but if the stress physiology is too significant, food choices can be inefficient (i.e. too many calories with too few nutrients) and lead to excessive (e.g. 50lbs+) fat gain, which will severely limit metabolism instead of improving things. Things like a tub of ice cream can be ''Peaty'', and at night it can feel amazing in a stressed-state like the recovery period from keto, but is a potent way to gain a whole bunch of excess fat which is not helpful. The idea is to rebuild tissues, with some fat gain, not become obese.

Calories and nutrients need to be ramped up as the thyroid function/metabolism improves. Going from 1500cal to 5000cal overnight will probably not lead to healing, unless the person is still young with relatively less stress.

Ras

That woman gained weight in ALL the right places, and NONE of the wrong places(tummy)
She absolutely did gain abdominal fat. Nearly all the fat went to her butt and thighs, with a little going to her breasts. The proportion was wrong.

Vinny

The other 80% just gained and gained.

It is a risky move that puts social ostracism, career failure, and relationship failure on the line.

mrchibbs

She absolutely did gain abdominal fat. Nearly all the fat went to her butt and thighs, with a little going to her breasts. The proportion was wrong.

I really like her proportions. Seems ideal for a women. Maybe its just my personal preference though

Ingenol

Could not agree more. I've considered trying an "all-in" approach but it can't be understated just how difficult gaining weight can be from a social and psychological standpoint. This makes the entire process even more stressful than it would already be, and in turn reduces the chance of success.

OP
B

B___Danny

Calling it going "all in" may be misleading and triggering. There is nothing extraordinary about listening to your bodies cravings and responding to them. It is what every other animal, and most humans until 50 years ago, does in order to achieve health. It is up to each individual whether you would rather listen to another human's unsubstantiated opinion on what to eat and the amount, or if you want to listen to the perfection of what we call the human body.

Tarmander

She did gain tummy fat. Perhaps i did not phrase it correctly. If you look at her ratios, bust, tummy, hip, it looks like she "lost" tummy fat.

brainfog

Im sure this works when you are already skinny. If you have metabolic problems and are a little chubby, fatty liver, etc, you problably gonna gain and gain.

There is something called "reverse dieting" that looks promising. If i works.:):

Dutchie

All these things work,IF you're able to figure out what foods agree with your body and which don't.
B---Danny's view of simply trusting your bodies cravings doesn't even work at all times.

Hey Vinny, I know you were screwed over by following the advice given by the diet recovery advocates. Have you changed your dietary approach and are you making any progress towards weight loss?

I know Cirion went "all in" which resulted in him reaching nearly 300lbs. The fact that even at his highest weight he still had an appetite for well over 5k calories tells me that the whole diet recovery does not work. At least, not for a good percentage of people. I tried it myself about 4 years ago but I had to abort when I had gained over 30lbs in about 2 months. I simply couldn't deal with it psychologically.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals