Stephanie Buttermore's Success Story Of "Going All In"

mangoes

I am open for everything. I am just looking for the truth. I would be more interested in the negative experiences than positive experiences.

you say that but when someone mentioned how 80% of people who followed cravings and just ate what they want ala Matt Stone, they just gained and gained, you still said that was 200 times success? I get the feeling you tried calorie restriction and/or fasting before, it went wrong and now you’re just jumping to the other extreme

Collden

Intuitive eating has worked well for me, better than any other dietary approach I've tried including strict Peating, mostly in the sense that I feel more stable and have more consistent energy. Any kind of restrictive diet is likely to cause nutritional imbalances over time and honoring cravings is by far the best way to avoid that.

I think forced overfeeding like Gwyneth Olwyn and Matt Stone advocate is a terrible idea other than for extremely underweight anorexics. Thats the opposite of what intuitive eating is about - eating what you crave when you crave it and NOT eating when you dont crave it.

That said it hasnt cured my hypothyroidism and I think that often requires hormone replacement to fix.

OP
B

B___Danny

you say that but when someone mentioned how 80% of people who followed cravings and just ate what they want ala Matt Stone, they just gained and gained, you still said that was 200 times success? I get the feeling you tried calorie restriction and/or fasting before, it went wrong and now you’re just jumping to the other extreme

The other extreme of force-starving is force feeding. There is nothing extreme about eating what you want to satiety and letting your body do the rest.

Last edited:
OP
B

B___Danny

This isn't my religion so I have nothing left to say about it. It is obvious we all have confirmation bias. This forum is just the blind leading the blind, like many other online communities. My main premise is just trusting nature and the human body. I am not concerned with what other decide to do.

Last edited:

Vinny

Hey Vinny, I know you were screwed over by following the advice given by the diet recovery advocates. Have you changed your dietary approach and are you making any progress towards weight loss?
Hi Cyclist,

Yes, I changed completely my diet and went carnivore.
From 90.2 kg (morbidly obese). I currently weigh 78.8 kg.
And I know for sure it`s fat loss - not water, not muscle..... Plus some other small benefits I wrote recently about, answering a similar question from user redsun.

I think sometimes about Cirion and wish he`s on the right track now. I hope you doing well too. Regards

Hi Cyclist,

And I know for sure it`s fat loss - not water, not muscle..... Plus some other small benefits I wrote recently about, answering a similar question from user redsun.

I think sometimes about Cirion and wish he`s on the right track now. I hope you doing well too. Regards
Bravo! 12kg is no joke! I don't blame you for going carnivore. I'd do the same if I wanted to lose weight fast. I know you didn't ask for my input but just be mindful of any negative low carb symptoms once you get really lean.

I also hope Cirion is doing well. He was a real interesting guy and I'm honestly a bit worried about him. After looking back at some of his messages, it truly seems like he was developing diabetic symptoms which he mistook as progress. It wouldn't be surprising as type 2 diabetes is the body's way of saving itself from a massive, consistent influx of food that it can't possibly burn off. It's either that or continuous energy storage until you end up looking like Steven Assanti.

Vinny

Bravo! 12kg is no joke! I don't blame you for going carnivore. I'd do the same if I wanted to lose weight fast. I know you didn't ask for my input but just be mindful of any negative low carb symptoms once you get really lean.

I also hope Cirion is doing well. He was a real interesting guy and I'm honestly a bit worried about him. After looking back at some of his messages, it truly seems like he was developing diabetic symptoms which he mistook as progress. It wouldn't be surprising as type 2 diabetes is the body's way of saving itself from a massive, consistent influx of food that it can't possibly burn off. It's either that or continuous energy storage until you end up looking like Steven Assanti.
We,ll see how things go. If I start to crave carbs, I'll eat them - it's a no brainer. For now, the only thing I care is fat management.

Dutchie

I am open for everything. I am just looking for the truth. I would be more interested in the negative experiences than positive experiences.

That's the thing.....you wont find a final answer for THE truth,because everybody's truth is different.
The.n when they do give you their truth,you keep arguing them.... because it's possibly not the truth you want to hear? ..I don't know

Korven

Hi Cyclist,

:thumbup: Awesome work man!

What do your meals consist of? Do you try to hit a certain fat/protein ratio? How's your energy on this diet? Ever get bored from just eating meat and fat?

Thought I had my skin issues figured out but now my rosacea/acne has flared up again badly... and so now I'm pretty much back on the carnivore diet + a bowl of frozen blueberries and some honey every day to keep my sanity. Just a week in and bacne has completely gone away so that's promising.

We,ll see how things go. If I start to crave carbs, I'll eat them - it's a no brainer. For now, the only thing I care is fat management.
Good deal. I actually did a week of zero carb at the beginning of this month, not for weight loss but rather to cope with toxic mold exposure. I had completely lost my appetite so I was forcing myself to eat just lean beef to prevent muscle wasting. I'll have to make a thread on the subject.

Anyway, once I had the mold dealt with I switched to high carb very low fat, like 10g of fat at the most. Even though I went carnivore for just a week I had strange symptoms returning to a high carb diet. It took about 5 days for the symptoms to dissipate and my glucose metabolism to return to normal.

I'm telling you this because when/if you reintroduce carbs you may feel strange for a while until your body adapts. It's a good idea to keep fat intake as low as possible during that time.

Jennifer

There is nothing extreme about eating what you want to satiety and letting your body do the rest.
No, it's not extreme, but it also isn't a cure all like your responses seem to suggest you believe and can actually be potentially dangerous depending on a person's context. Shaming people for needing more than what honoring cravings and appetite can provide isn't going to change that fact.
This isn't my religion so I have nothing left to say about it. It is obvious we all have confirmation bias. This forum is just the blind leading the blind, like many other online communities. My main premise is just trusting nature and the human body. I am not concerned with what other decide to do.
You don't know that every member here is blindly following and leading others. I'm honoring my body but regardless, what you're suggesting is exactly what you're faulting members for. Some have said what you're suggesting didn't work for them, but we should ignore our experiences because it's working for you? And it's not uncommon among those who restrict, such as with anorexia, for their metabolism to get suppressed so much so that they lose their appetite so given your responses, you think a person in that context should follow their appetite?

On the flip side, again, given your responses, you think a person who is malnourished and has an appetite larger than their digestion can keep up with should honor their appetite no matter what? Refeeding syndrome and other complications are real. And I was honoring my insane appetite in the beginning of an all in approach, but my digestion was never able to keep up because it not only didn't fix the cause, it worsened the condition. I only began force-feeding out of desperation, after I had been refeeding for a year without any healing to show for it.

And a huge thing that is often overlooked with any dietary intervention is the psychological reasons behind why someone might restrict in the first place. There are some things diet alone can't fix. Trauma of any kind goes deep for a lot of people and not honoring that can make hanging all our hopes on cravings and appetite alone to fix our health, incomplete or even life-threatening. If it was as simple as following our cravings and appetite, something I suspect the majority of us did as children, I don't think many would have gotten to the point of restricting in the first place.

Anyway, I think following cravings and appetite alone can work for some and not others. Like you, I have nothing left to say.

OP
B

B___Danny

“very healthy 12 to 15 year old people burn fuel very wastefully, but that is when people are least likely to die is when they are using fuel like crazy....are the healthiest and most resistant to stress....it looks like a waste to eat thousands of calories a day when you're not doing anything, but, it's good for you...the wasteful energy metabolism"-ray peat

OP
B

B___Danny

No, it's not extreme, but it also isn't a cure all like your responses seem to suggest you believe and can actually be potentially dangerous depending on a person's context. Shaming people for needing more than what honoring cravings and appetite can provide isn't going to change that fact.

You don't know that every member here is blindly following and leading others. I'm honoring my body but regardless, what you're suggesting is exactly what you're faulting members for. Some have said what you're suggesting didn't work for them, but we should ignore our experiences because it's working for you? And it's not uncommon among those who restrict, such as with anorexia, for their metabolism to get suppressed so much so that they lose their appetite so given your responses, you think a person in that context should follow their appetite?

On the flip side, again, given your responses, you think a person who is malnourished and has an appetite larger than their digestion can keep up with should honor their appetite no matter what? Refeeding syndrome and other complications are real. And I was honoring my insane appetite in the beginning of an all in approach, but my digestion was never able to keep up because it not only didn't fix the cause, it worsened the condition. I only began force-feeding out of desperation, after I had been refeeding for a year without any healing to show for it.

And a huge thing that is often overlooked with any dietary intervention is the psychological reasons behind why someone might restrict in the first place. There are some things diet alone can't fix. Trauma of any kind goes deep for a lot of people and not honoring that can make hanging all our hopes on cravings and appetite alone to fix our health, incomplete or even life-threatening. If healing was as simple as following our cravings and appetite, something I suspect the majority of us did as children, I don't think many would have gotten to the point of restricting in the first place.

Anyway, I think following cravings and appetite alone can work for some and not others. Like you, I have nothing left to say.
True words.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I basically gained 60 pounds following Olwyn’s/Stone’s plan between age 44-47. I had gained a needed 15 already switching to Peat about 10 months earlier.
I moved back toward more intuitive eating and movement 3 years ago (the last year more toward carnivore) and have very, very gradually lost 55 of the 60 pounds, improved my fitness, reversed metabolic syndrome and gotten my life back.
The time I focused almost exclusively on meeting a specific high calorie goal dramatically and negatively impacted my health, career and most important relationships. Nothing really healed during those years and I picked up several new problems. I did it while still implementing numerous things I learned from Peat and seemed to fare better than the group of people I knew in recovery that didn’t know about him. Most of them although younger than me gained over 100 pounds and many ended up divorced and unable to work due to poor health.
Honestly at this point I wouldn’t recommend EDI or Eat for Heat and even though I’m generally not a fan of mainstream medical interventions I think it would be safer for someone with an eating disorder to get professional medical care.

Dutchie

That's impressive @Blossom that you managed to lose it, especially bc it's said that losing weight for women gets more difficult each year after 35.
I need to get back to going to the gym regularly (when they open up again), bc I've totally been slacking on it for about the last year. Not because I have the illusion that I'll lose the weight that way (bc that has never done much for me in the past), but bc I feel my body is becoming more fragile and from the stance of MS that's not something I want to have happening. (I'm not sedentary sitting the entire day,but activity has decreased too much imo).
A couple of weeks ago I actually felt active and even looked forward to starting again *gasp* (something that's unheard of), but that feeling and energy has faded away again.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's impressive @Blossom that you managed to lose it, especially bc it's said that losing weight for women gets more difficult each year after 35.
I need to get back to going to the gym regularly (when they open up again), bc I've totally been slacking on it for about the last year. Not because I have the illusion that I'll lose the weight that way (bc that has never done much for me in the past), but bc I feel my body is becoming more fragile and from the stance of MS that's not something I want to have happening. (I'm not sedentary sitting the entire day,but activity has decreased too much imo).
A couple of weeks ago I actually felt active and even looked forward to starting again *gasp* (something that's unheard of), but that feeling and energy has faded away again.
That’s great! I feel it’s important to try to maintain (or in my case rebuild) muscle with age.

Dutchie

That’s great! I feel it’s important to try to maintain (or in my case rebuild) muscle with age.

Did you do weightlifting...and did a special program? (Sadly I can't squad anymore because a part of my upper spine is permanently damaged.)
I noticed a lot of women on carnivore lift weigths.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Did you do weightlifting...and did a special program? (Sadly I can't squad anymore because a part of my upper spine is permanently damaged.)
I noticed a lot of women on carnivore lift weigths.
I’ve just started weights again in the last few months before that I’d become injured easily. I’ve been walking/hiking most days for 30-45 minutes and find it super beneficial. I don’t do any official programs but work out with my husband who knows a lot and on my own I do planks, 10 pound dumbbells, counter push ups and simple things like that rather than nothing.

Ingenol

I basically gained 60 pounds following Olwyn’s/Stone’s plan between age 44-47. I had gained a needed 15 already switching to Peat about 10 months earlier.
I moved back toward more intuitive eating and movement 3 years ago (the last year more toward carnivore) and have very, very gradually lost 55 of the 60 pounds, improved my fitness, reversed metabolic syndrome and gotten my life back.
The time I focused almost exclusively on meeting a specific high calorie goal dramatically and negatively impacted my health, career and most important relationships. Nothing really healed during those years and I picked up several new problems. I did it while still implementing numerous things I learned from Peat and seemed to fare better than the group of people I knew in recovery that didn’t know about him. Most of them although younger than me gained over 100 pounds and many ended up divorced and unable to work due to poor health.
Honestly at this point I wouldn’t recommend EDI or Eat for Heat and even though I’m generally not a fan of mainstream medical interventions I think it would be safer for someone with an eating disorder to get professional medical care.
Would you say more about how you were able to regain intuitive eating? I have suffered from binge eating disorder for decades now and have zero ability to eat intuitively. I'm pretty sure my "craving" to eat PUFA-rich junk food until the physical pain becomes too great to keep going is a reflection that my body isn't getting what it needs, but not reflective of what it actually does need.

Dutchie

@Ingenol I don't have an answer for your question,but I was wondering can't you recreate the pufa-rich junk food that you crave? like frying your own fries in coconut oil etc.
That way if you still keep on craving it,that might be an indication that there is something in there what your body needs. If you stop craving it, it probably was a false craving.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals