My RP Success Story

Thomm

Hi everyone!

It's my first posting here, so I wanted to share my experiences with Peating with you.

I'm Thomm from Germany, 27 years old, 184 cm (6 feet), 93 kg (205 lbs). Doing natural bodybuilding for about 8 years. Doing it more focused with almost daily heavy compound weight lifts like squats / deadlifts for about 2 years. Now it's maybe like 8 hours wight lifting per week.

This is a picture of me after a very stupid 1800 kcal crash diet which I did for 4 weeks. It made me very sick and I would never ever do again.

https://imageshack.us/i/b8v6k5j

After that stupid diet I did LowCarb (~120 g) / Paleo and 16/8 Intermittend Fasting for about 1 year. That way I was able to maintain that low bodyfat percentage all time. But still I ended up with mild depression, very low energy, digestive problems, bad mood, bad sleep and zeeerooo libido. In short I felt like I wanted to die.

Now that I'm Peating for only about one month all of that symtoms are gone! It's just unbelievable. I'm in a very good mood, have eeendless energy (doing walks for several miles almost daily), waking up only once or twice at night to pee and I'm interested in other people again. I get strong moring wood every day and spontanous erections, which I never had for at least 5 years. My libido is very high. Life is enjoyable again! :)

I gained about 1 - 2 kg of fat in that month Peating, but that doesn't matter. Before Peating I was eating like 3500 kcal with no desire to eat more. Now I'm eating 4000 kcal up to 5000 kcal and still wanting to eat way more.

I'm just feeling too good. Sixpack is still slightly visable and my goal right now is to stabelize wight while keep on Peating.

Now my RP diet looks like this:

~4000 kcal +, sometimes even 5000 kcal (tracking carefully with cronometer)
20 % protein, 35 % fat, 45 % carbs

4 - 5 quarts 1,5% milk
1 - 2 quarts OJ
50-80 g coconut oil
500 g carrots
100 g cacao powder
4 eggs or 150 g beef liver
500 g broccoli or spinach
40 g salt
5 g creatine
no other supplements / herbs / hormones

Ray Peat saved my life. In that moment I decided to go out to a club this night. Alone, since I lost almost all social connections because I just stayed at home before Peating (because of low energy and no interest in interacting with other people). But now everything is very fine again. Since I'm happy and healthy again it shouldn't be too hard to meet new people.

Thanks for letting me share my story with you! :)

answersfound

Awesome. It's very impressive that you were able to do this without any supplements/hormones. I can't imagine eating that much each day, but it's working for you which is great. Congrats! I wish you continued success. Thanks for sharing.

RPDiciple

A little tip.

If i where u i would drop the broccoli :D

I would also try to decrease fat intake and up sugar intake. Try carb:protein ratio of 3:1 and see if it makes you feel even better

Peata

Congratulations. Great to have your success story. May you continue to thrive.

tara

:welcome Thomm
Good to read your story.

Evandrojr

Hi everyone!

It's my first posting here, so I wanted to share my experiences with Peating with you.

I'm Thomm from Germany, 27 years old, 184 cm (6 feet), 93 kg (205 lbs). Doing natural bodybuilding for about 8 years. Doing it more focused with almost daily heavy compound weight lifts like squats / deadlifts for about 2 years. Now it's maybe like 8 hours wight lifting per week.

This is a picture of me after a very stupid 1800 kcal crash diet which I did for 4 weeks. It made me very sick and I would never ever do again.

IMG_3998bbb2.jpg - Click to see more photos

After that stupid diet I did LowCarb (~120 g) / Paleo and 16/8 Intermittend Fasting for about 1 year. That way I was able to maintain that low bodyfat percentage all time. But still I ended up with mild depression, very low energy, digestive problems, bad mood, bad sleep and zeeerooo libido. In short I felt like I wanted to die.

Now that I'm Peating for only about one month all of that symtoms are gone! It's just unbelievable. I'm in a very good mood, have eeendless energy (doing walks for several miles almost daily), waking up only once or twice at night to pee and I'm interested in other people again. I get strong moring wood every day and spontanous erections, which I never had for at least 5 years. My libido is very high. Life is enjoyable again! :)

I gained about 1 - 2 kg of fat in that month Peating, but that doesn't matter. Before Peating I was eating like 3500 kcal with no desire to eat more. Now I'm eating 4000 kcal up to 5000 kcal and still wanting to eat way more.

I'm just feeling too good. Sixpack is still slightly visable and my goal right now is to stabelize wight while keep on Peating.

Now my RP diet looks like this:

~4000 kcal +, sometimes even 5000 kcal (tracking carefully with cronometer)
20 % protein, 35 % fat, 45 % carbs

4 - 5 quarts 1,5% milk
1 - 2 quarts OJ
50-80 g coconut oil
500 g carrots
100 g cacao powder
4 eggs or 150 g beef liver
500 g broccoli or spinach
40 g salt
5 g creatine
no other supplements / herbs / hormones

Ray Peat saved my life. In that moment I decided to go out to a club this night. Alone, since I lost almost all social connections because I just stayed at home before Peating (because of low energy and no interest in interacting with other people). But now everything is very fine again. Since I'm happy and healthy again it shouldn't be too hard to meet new people.

Thanks for letting me share my story with you! :)
Congrats Thomm, and thanks for sharing your story! To be honest, I started Ray Peat eating just a week ago and I'm just tunning in some things. So if you don't mind, I have a couple questions for you:

1. Why 1.5% milk and not full fat, so to enjoy that good quality saturated fat from the milk?

2. Why the broccoli and spinach? I was under the impression Peat would favor avoiding all fibers except for those in the raw carrot.

If anyone out there have the answers to these, please chime in. Thanks!!!

superhuman

@Evandrojr why bother with full fat milk when its loaded with more fat and calories and no its not quality saturated fat. There are some but there are also alot of PUFA and MUFA. Focus on sugar first

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals