Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

man ı spend 3 years in hairloss forums hairlosshelp hairlosstalk immortalhair reddit ı was obsessed to cure this stuff reading every topic ı could find also tried finasteride then dutas to make perfect my hair ım nw1 stopped fin and dut 2 years ago and still hanging there but from my knowledge and observe it is T-E ratio imbalance ım thinking of starting a topic to prove it you can just do that by googling and comparing some of the famous people's old vs young hair pictures.you can start with turkish singer ibrahim tatlıses lol even when he was full of androgens he had thickest hair now its shitty nw3

Keep going... we're all listening.

Any thoughts on Progesterone?

xetawaves

I mean honestly back when I was lifting weights all the time and following the typical bodybuilder diet I feel like I didn't see as much hair fall then. I stopped lifting, lost weight and my hair diffused pretty badly. I thought about lifting weights again just to see what would happen. I'm gonna have to get my muscle back anyways if I lose my hair so why not lol

Progesterone

FYI...

I was on Clomid @ 25mg per day, from when I was like 20 to 23 or so.

Hair was thick as ****, and I was a beast physically.

But I was also younger.... but, when I stopped clomid in 2012, that's when hair started going downhill.... but that's also when I did megadose B5 too.

I always thought of going back on clomid, but it seems every damn internet forum ppl say they LOST HAIR on clomid... so idk.

xetawaves

My temps have been pretty low the past couple days. They hit 96.2 last night. I'm going today to get some bloodwork done to see what's going on with my thyroid. Hair is falling like crazy today. Almost buzzed it all off a second ago but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Progesterone

My temps have been pretty low the past couple days. They hit 96.2 last night. I'm going today to get some bloodwork done to see what's going on with my thyroid. Hair is falling like crazy today. Almost buzzed it all off a second ago but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

May as well try some Tyromix at this point...

Most docs will only try to fix you with T4 (if it is thyroid).

smh...

xetawaves

May as well try some Tyromix at this point...

Most docs will only try to fix you with T4 (if it is thyroid).

smh...

Well I'm gonna get the numbers and hopefully get some insight here. I can just order what I need from idealabs.

Progesterone

@xetawaves do you notice Progesterone changes your face?

My face gets more round'ish... it's very hard to explain. This seems to happen quite quickly too after starting back on 100mg/day.

xetawaves

@xetawaves do you notice Progesterone changes your face?

My face gets more round'ish... it's very hard to explain. This seems to happen quite quickly too after starting back on 100mg/day.

It's probably just from where you've increased your caloric intake. You might be holding onto more water and you're probably gaining a little bit of weight.

@xetawaves if you want a true reading on your thyroid, you may want to stop using Prog, fyi.
It may artificially boost T4 readings..

That's what I was thinking. I might stop progesterone and wait a week or so before getting bloodwork done.

Progesterone

It's probably just from where you've increased your caloric intake. You might be holding onto more water and you're probably gaining a little bit of weight.

That's what I was thinking. I might stop progesterone and wait a week or so before getting bloodwork done.

It's noticeable on Prog tho.... my face was more 'defined' off prog.

I may stop prog too right now, as I am seeing a doc on July 12, and will likely get bloods done the next day...

Arrade

FYI...

I was on Clomid @ 25mg per day, from when I was like 20 to 23 or so.

Hair was thick as ****, and I was a beast physically.

But I was also younger.... but, when I stopped clomid in 2012, that's when hair started going downhill.... but that's also when I did megadose B5 too.

I always thought of going back on clomid, but it seems every damn internet forum ppl say they LOST HAIR on clomid... so idk.
Clomid would block estrogen binding in the body; estrogen causing inflammation

Progesterone

Did you ever think about bad posture / neck or back tensions as the reason for hair loss ?

Possible.

I've seen this theory thrown around before and the theory behind it, interesting stuff.

I have TERRIBLE posture, btw.

Progesterone

5 days back on oral Prog 100mg/night.

Acne coming back (all over body, including BACK, and it's a bit painful. Also forehead area, trying to combat it the best I can).

I certainly don't feel TERRIFIC, like HIGH-TEST... but it's certainly bearable.

Left side hairline (which has been hit the hardest so far during my experiment of being on/off prog since Jan 2018 (mostly OFF it) seems to be recovering. It's much easier to style even when FULLY WET, which says a lot.

I have noticed this countless times before when my hairline would take a hit.. I'd get back on Prog and hairline would get a boost. I noticed it earlier this year when I tried MSM megadose and stopped Prog. Hairline took a hit, stopped the MSM, back on Prog and noticed improvement within 1-2 weeks.

If I'm being honest with myself, I feel more 'alpha' OFF Prog, but it's not a huge deal-breaker or anything. Prog seems to hold things for me. The most annoying thing is the damn acne it causes me!

xetawaves

5 days back on oral Prog 100mg/night.

Acne coming back (all over body, including BACK, and it's a bit painful. Also forehead area, trying to combat it the best I can).

I certainly don't feel TERRIFIC, like HIGH-TEST... but it's certainly bearable.

Left side hairline (which has been hit the hardest so far during my experiment of being on/off prog since Jan 2018 (mostly OFF it) seems to be recovering. It's much easier to style even when FULLY WET, which says a lot.

I have noticed this countless times before when my hairline would take a hit.. I'd get back on Prog and hairline would get a boost. I noticed it earlier this year when I tried MSM megadose and stopped Prog. Hairline took a hit, stopped the MSM, back on Prog and noticed improvement within 1-2 weeks.

If I'm being honest with myself, I feel more 'alpha' OFF Prog, but it's not a huge deal-breaker or anything. Prog seems to hold things for me. The most annoying thing is the damn acne it causes me!

Is it also increasing sebum for you? Interesting that it's increasing acne for you but also thickening your hairline. I've been shedding on prog for a few days now. Nothing crazy but I'm certainly shedding. I'm trying not to worry about sheds though cause they can be a good thing. Both finasteride and minoxidil cause sheds before things get better. Been taking 24 mg of topical midday, and then another 24mg topical + utrogestan before bed around midnight. I feel great: better mood, dryer skin, calmer. The positive sexual side effects continue. Sheds aren't always a bad thing though so I'm not sure what to do at this point lol I know that when I take a lower dose of progesterone, I have androgenic symptoms. Oily skin, acne, short temper. My hair sheds bad too. Did TJ mention any symptoms similar to ours he was having from the utrogestan?

Progesterone

Oh really? I never heard about that before, but could really be a factor

Oh yeah. There was this really smart Chinese guy on the hairloss forums yrs ago who talked about this in depth (he's probably still around but I no longer frequent them). I can't tell you the science behind it but interesting to ponder.

Is it also increasing sebum for you? Interesting that it's increasing acne for you but also thickening your hairline. I've been shedding on prog for a few days now. Nothing crazy but I'm certainly shedding. I'm trying not to worry about sheds though cause they can be a good thing. Both finasteride and minoxidil cause sheds before things get better. Been taking 24 mg of topical midday, and then another 24mg topical + utrogestan before bed around midnight. I feel great: better mood, dryer skin, calmer. The positive sexual side effects continue. Sheds aren't always a bad thing though so I'm not sure what to do at this point lol I know that when I take a lower dose of progesterone, I have androgenic symptoms. Oily skin, acne, short temper. My hair sheds bad too. Did TJ mention any symptoms similar to ours he was having from the utrogestan?

The acne increasing and hair getting better is VERY odd I agree. I can't put my finger on why that would be?!

The process is probably very complicated and individual to my body.

I have an appointment tomorrow at a Dr btw. I will try for Utrogestan once more and every damn bloodtest imaginable. VIT D, FERRITIN, TSH, T3/T4, TEST, ESTROGEN, B12 ETC... Any other suggestions guys?

This time I will be honest and say it's for my hair (but I do get other positive benefits) and I've been using it previously with success. I will even admit my HT... pulling out all the big guns to get that elusive Utrogestan script.

As far as shedding goes. 6 days back on Prog. I am definitely shedding less now, on prog.

Off prog it felt hopeless at times, as far I could just shed endlessly and endlessly, very frustrating. Yes I still shed of course (and I remember the story of the guy who took fin, dut + SPIRO oral, improved his hair and throughout the whole time was still shedding!) but the shedding is much more controlled and I'm not losing a bunch of kinked random hairs.

Off prog I would shed so many kinked hairs... kinked hair = hair that has been damaged by DHT (or damaged by something, whatever you want to call it, he hair is NOT healthy). This alone tells me that Prog is pro-hair, as that is gone.

Yeah when I stop taking prog, I feel much more androgenic per se... more 'alpha'. Temper, road rage (lol), etc. I feel more 'docile' on prog, let's say. Like a lot of people seem to report on fin, minus loss of erections, because prog actually boosts erections luckily. I think prog is blunting sex drive a tad for me right now though. Not overall sex drive but that animalistic feeling, is lessened; if you know what I mean.

I will try and get a hold of TJ again. He did not mention many (if any) sides.

Last edited:

xetawaves

I tend to shed a lot of short curled hairs with tapered ends. Sometimes I shed thick hairs but not often.

Luckytype

Yeah and I linked you a website that had like 7 studies besides the rugby one, and you yourself admitted you didn’t even look at it

Creatine and Testosterone and Creatine and DHT

Hmm I dont see it in this link but last time we discussed it there was a study where two groups did the same exercise routine and the creatine group had higher dht levels and it wasn't the rugby study

I hope you know im not anti creatine. Im anti one side abstracts and studies that are vommonly misinterpreted or simply echoed. I think its wonderful stuff from an energy and performance perspective. It just plain works.

The issues I have with the studies are simple. There isnt a nonexercising control group in a majority of them.

Bottom line, we know dht and T are produced by muscular contractile stress. If creatine allows for more work and the response in turn is more response and thus more hormones then creatine itself does not do it the way say, a dht cream or an injectabledoes.

Oh yeah. There was this really smart Chinese guy on the hairloss forums yrs ago who talked about this in depth (he's probably still around but I no longer frequent them). I can't tell you the science behind it but interesting to ponder.

The acne increasing and hair getting better is VERY odd I agree. I can't put my finger on why that would be?!

The process is probably very complicated and individual to my body.

I have an appointment tomorrow at a Dr btw. I will try for Utrogestan once more and every damn bloodtest imaginable. VIT D, FERRITIN, TSH, T3/T4, TEST, ESTROGEN, B12 ETC... Any other suggestions guys?

This time I will be honest and say it's for my hair (but I do get other positive benefits) and I've been using it previously with success. I will even admit my HT... pulling out all the big guns to get that elusive Utrogestan script.

As far as shedding goes. 6 days back on Prog. I am definitely shedding less now, on prog.

Off prog it felt hopeless at times, as far I could just shed endlessly and endlessly, very frustrating. Yes I still shed of course (and I remember the story of the guy who took fin, dut + SPIRO oral, improved his hair and throughout the whole time was still shedding!) but the shedding is much more controlled and I'm not losing a bunch of kinked random hairs.

Off prog I would shed so many kinked hairs... kinked hair = hair that has been damaged by DHT (or damaged by something, whatever you want to call it, he hair is NOT healthy). This alone tells me that Prog is pro-hair, as that is gone.

Yeah when I stop taking prog, I feel much more androgenic per se... more 'alpha'. Temper, road rage (lol), etc. I feel more 'docile' on prog, let's say. Like a lot of people seem to report on fin, minus loss of erections, because prog actually boosts erections luckily. I think prog is blunting sex drive a tad for me right now though. Not overall sex drive but that animalistic feeling, is lessened; if you know what I mean.

I will try and get a hold of TJ again. He did not mention many (if any) sides.
Its summer in most places, are you doing outdoor fun things and happy things.

Add prolactin to it, it will give an idea of dopamine(and thus thyroid) which keeps it tonically under control and it can be a proxy estrogen driven stress.

Also add CRP which is an indicator of chronic inflammation. Mine was very low which really actually surprised me.

Kinked hair is a signal of grow-stop-grow. Like a curl or a nappy type hair but not long enough to show it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals