Pufa Depletion

Velve921

Do
First off taurine is great for lowering pufa levels in addition to supplements already posted in this thread (It was already mentioned but I just want to stress this one). I think taurine supplementation alone will be enough to deplete pufa assuming your diet avoids it. Your diet seems fine for pufa depletion. I do think you want your androgens tested on this diet though. Coconut oil and rice are pretty major 5-ar inhibitors. This might mean you have low DHT and other 5-ar derived hormones, which would be pretty bad for general well being. If your DHT levels end up being "normal" then it might be due to elevated DHT due to milk consumption. I personally think you should use butter instead of coconut oil and sorghum (kind of hard to get) instead of rice. Sorghum specifically raises 5-ar. The reason this is important is because androgens antagonize pufa to the best of my knowledge.

do you have a reference for coconut oil being a 5-AR inhibitor?

Agent207

Some components of coconut oil seems to stimulate the enzymes that converts dht to 3β-diol, which is considered a protective metabolite of dht.

Last edited:

torontomike

Ray recommends butter (grass fed), olive and coconut oil. I also find macadamia nuts and oil are very monounsaturated, and even avocado. It sounds like butter is recommended over coconut oil in this thread, is that a correct interpretation? And if so, why is butter better than coconut oil? According to my research, dairy in general is very estrogenic, since dairy comes from a pregnant cow whose estrogen levels are exceedingly high during pregnancy/lactation.

sele

Ray recommends butter (grass fed), olive and coconut oil. I also find macadamia nuts and oil are very monounsaturated, and even avocado. It sounds like butter is recommended over coconut oil in this thread, is that a correct interpretation? And if so, why is butter better than coconut oil? According to my research, dairy in general is very estrogenic, since dairy comes from a pregnant cow whose estrogen levels are exceedingly high during pregnancy/lactation.
"High estrogen, relative to progesterone, interferes with lactation, and the enzymes that convert estradiol to the less active estrone and estriol are increased by progesterone. The amount of estradiol in milk is usually much less than one microgram per liter, and it's concentrated in the cream, so low-fat milk has very little estrogen. The cow's diet is probably a more important factor in the estrogen content of milk than pregnancy. " -RP

T

tca300

Ray told me he thinks two tablespoons of butter per day is ok. Implying more has too much PUFA.

torontomike

"High estrogen, relative to progesterone, interferes with lactation, and the enzymes that convert estradiol to the less active estrone and estriol are increased by progesterone. The amount of estradiol in milk is usually much less than one microgram per liter, and it's concentrated in the cream, so low-fat milk has very little estrogen. The cow's diet is probably a more important factor in the estrogen content of milk than pregnancy. " -RP
Thanks Sele, RP's quote on the subject would seem to confirm what I suspected - the lower the fat in dairy the lower the estrogen, by comparison, the higher the fat (in dairy) the more estrogen. Which makes sense, since the more (body) fat you have, the more estrogen you'll produce and vice versa. I know RP recommends dairy but I won't drink it, I agree with some of his positions, but not all, thanks for your comment!

torontomike

Ray told me he thinks two tablespoons of butter per day is ok. Implying more has too much PUFA.
Thanks tca300, for that reason I won't be consuming even butter, only on special occasion, but sele's post above yours confirmed what my research yielded, chances are that the higher the fat, the higher the estrogen content and you stated pufa's as well in butter, which is a no go for me. I'll stick with coconut oil and the saturated fat in the animal products I eat. Thanks for your comment!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals