Pufa Depletion At 17 Years Old

Deleril

Hi everyone,
I am a french young boy (17 yo) and I want to begin a Peat diet. I studied Peat's work for months and want to improve my thyroid health. I have a testosterone/GH treatment because I have a late puberty.
I think I have not a huge quantity of Pufas in my stored fat because I losed à big amount of it recently and I feeled some symptoms of Pufa (lower thyroid activity with lower concentration of t3 and t4 in serum for example).
I am about 13% of bodyfat (I was more lean just after cutting but the fat I restored was on a reduced amount of Pufas and a consuption of SFA relatively high. I restored à little amount of fat because it's summer holidays so, I am a bit less active).
I began to limit starch and I eat a lot of fruits (riped bananas (love it), apples, peaches, peers...) and diarys which I always loved (cheese, raw whole milk...) and I will add coconut oil as soon as possible.
But my question is : Can I deplete Pufas without any supplements (like vitamin E or progesterone/pregnenolone/DHEA or t3/t4) and without any problems ?
I will also try to improve my consumption of gelatin for a good amino balance.
I still à bit perplex about refined sugar/coke consumption and prefer eat fruits but à high amount (between 10 and 15 a day).
But the major issue is that I can't ALWAYS eat what I want because of my parents (who are tolerants with food, I think I could ask them to Cook with coconut oil without problems for example) and the school restaurant.
I think the best thing I can do is begin to peat slowly with Pufa depletion and do it more seriously when I would be able to eat everything I want.

paymanz

when you really deplete your pufa stores you need more nutrients as your metabolism increase.

biotin probably is one of most important when you pufa depleted, and probably some other nutrients like vitamin A,

So if you eat liver regularly or supplement those nutrients it helps.and also ray peat's favorite sea foods.

OP
D

Deleril

I usually eat beef liver once or twice a week. I eat raw butter/dark chocolate/soon coconut oil/a bit of olive oil and ruminant fat as main source of fat

paymanz

Also its good if you check your diet on cronometer site to make sure you get all nutrients.probably except for iron.

Dobbler

The younger you find this beatiful community, the better. I wonder if someone would eat low pufa diet from birth, say under 5g every day. Hormones would be through the roof at puberty :D

AretnaP

The younger you find this beatiful community, the better. I wonder if someone would eat low pufa diet from birth, say under 5g every day. Hormones would be through the roof at puberty :D
stress causes early puberty, including stress from lipid peroxidation

Look at scandinavian/icelandic people, they hit puberty really early and become sexually active earlier than most populations, probably because of stress from darkness and cold, along with higher levels of unsaturated fats in the diet in the form of cold-water fish.

theLaw

But the major issue is that I can't ALWAYS eat what I want because of my parents (who are tolerants with food, I think I could ask them to Cook with coconut oil without problems for example) and the school restaurant.
I think the best thing I can do is begin to peat slowly with Pufa depletion and do it more seriously when I would be able to eat everything I want.

I would try to keep your saturated fat/pufa ratio @ 10/1 per Haidut's suggestions until you have control over your own dietary choices.

Also, try adding as much high-quality milk as you can handle (sound like you've already got the fruit taken care of).:cool:

Dobbler

stress causes early puberty, including stress from lipid peroxidation

Look at scandinavian/icelandic people, they hit puberty really early and become sexually active earlier than most populations, probably because of stress from darkness and cold, along with higher levels of unsaturated fats in the diet in the form of cold-water fish.
Yes ofc. What i meant was how would it feel if mommy and daddy would have been hardcore Ray Peaters and feed you with proper RP diet from beginning, as in focusing on real foods with SAFA, and not the typical bread and cereal, and mcdonalds etc ***t.

OP
D

Deleril

I think I still have a really good diet compared to all people of my age.
I began to eat healthy (simple healthy, no Peat's dieting which is the healthier diet but no industrialized products, a lot of fruits, vegetables, meat only from butcher...)
My parents only used olive oil, which is less dangerous than Pufas and always have a part of satured fat (mostly cheese), in France, we have the chance of have cheese with only raw milk, cow rennet and salt thanks to the traditionnal cheeses which are protected designation of origin (like comté, from pastured cows or roquefort).
I have access to raw milk,butter and cheese of top quality (with the most strict organic label, cows from Jersey island which is a really good type of cow and pastured) and I'm really fond of it.
I have cut all stuff with refined sugar and all syrup/honey. But I think I will add honey soon because I crave it (and agave syrup too that I rebegan to consume this morning and tasted reaaaallllyyy good).
What do you think about organic pasturized butter ? Because raw butter is a better quality but in holidays, I don't have access to it so I don't know if I should buy it...
But in Paris, I will be able to be a good peatarian :) (raw and organic dairys from pastured cows, good ruminant meat with added gelatin, coconut oil) and a lot of fruits and some fruits sauce.

OP
D

Deleril

But still have question about peating :
- Why some people are drinking skim milk, is it because they want to eat low fat to remove Pufas ?
- Is the Pufas depletion take less time for a young boy than an old ?
- what are the advantages to drink OJ ?
- I like all vegetables, but it doesn't seems to be very peaty. There are those I offten eat (oignon, mushrooms, carrot (one raw a day, even when I didn't know peat I loved it), cucumber, brocoli, zucchini, squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peppers, tomatoes) I think most of them are safe (like carrot, brocoli if cooked, mushrooms, potatoes) but need informations about the others

PTP

Bonsoir Deleril,

Yes, people drink skim milk to eat low fat - milkfat does contain some pufa, if you only drink a little and prefer the taste, semi-skimmed or fullfat/whole milk is probably ok.

OJ is a reliable source of sugar, with vitamin c, magnesium and other nutrients along for the ride.

I'm not going into all those vegetables, if you like them and your not eating loads, enjoy them (unless you get bad digestion). Ray Peat has a protein soup recipe designed to take the starch out of potatoes, you could look that up (Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup or something).

Syncopated

Pack a lunch for school.