What Would You Take For PUFA Depletion Diet?

paka

Does anyone have any tops for a basic PUFA depletion diet?

Depleting PUFA and avoiding it is the cornerstone to his philosophy.

So, from what I've read, there's 2 options:
-Diet should contain 2:1 saturated fat to PUFA ratio or greater (eat way less PUFA than saturated fat) or
-Diet should be fat-free for 2 weeks - 1 month according to these threads
PUFA Depletion Achievable In 2 Weeks On Fat Free Diet
PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

The first one is slower but I guess it is safer, and it will take years.
The second one depletes PUFA quickly and makes you lose weight/fat, but I guess doing that would be dangerous because fast weight loss while having PUFA in you will do some damage to your health.

Also, people say to take supplements like Vitamin E, aspirin, niacin, taurine, zinc and possibly others. Taking supplements may be the best way to deplete it quickly with minimal damage to health.

Last edited:

Orion

Younger people can deplete quickly, older people with more stored PUFA will take longer. I am at 2 months zero fat and starch now, and really starting to see the benefits.

Staples: skim milk, white sugar, gelatin/collagen, OJ/apple juice, lots of ripe or cooked fruits, 0% fat pressed dry farmers cheese(cottage), salt, vitamin A/D/E/K, mitolipin, taurine

Weekly egg shells, liver or oysters.

Major bowel and skin improvements. Planning about 2 months more.

tankasnowgod

Younger people can deplete quickly, older people with more stored PUFA will take longer. I am at 2 months zero fat and starch now, and really starting to see the benefits.

Staples: skim milk, white sugar, gelatin/collagen, OJ/apple juice, lots of ripe or cooked fruits, 0% fat pressed dry farmers cheese(cottage), salt, vitamin A/D/E/K, mitolipin, taurine

Weekly egg shells, liver or oysters.

Major bowel and skin improvements. Planning about 2 months more.

Nice, I think the things I bolded should be used by anyone attempting this. The mitolipin and taurine are probably a great help, too.

Curious, where did you find a good 0% cottage cheese?

I tried this for a week, although using some potatoes too, and it was not kind to my digestion after a few days. Could be the super low fat, but if I attempt it again, I'm doing it without the potatoes, as I think the starch might also have been the issue.

Orion

Curious, where did you find a good 0% cottage cheese?

I tried this for a week, although using some potatoes too, and it was not kind to my digestion after a few days. Could be the super low fat, but if I attempt it again, I'm doing it without the potatoes, as I think the starch might also have been the issue.

There is a local dairy vendor that seems to supply all the supermarkets around here, comes in 500g blocks and provide 100g protein per block. I use extra egg shell since cottage cheese can have higher ratio of phosphate to calcium.

I think for some avoiding starch on the zero fat approach could be helpful in gut healing. I also did 3 days of 5g sublimed sulphur (flowers), it seems to help digestion quite abit as well.

johnwester130

aspirin helps

niacinamide helps

zinc helps

vitamin e helps

coconut oil, maybe hydrogenated oil, helps

astaxanthin, in theory, helps, but is an anti thyroid supplement

sugar helps burn PUFA

the b vitamin, b1,b2,b3, b6, b7 help too

tankasnowgod

There is a local dairy vendor that seems to supply all the supermarkets around here, comes in 500g blocks and provide 100g protein per block. I use extra egg shell since cottage cheese can have higher ratio of phosphate to calcium.

I think for some avoiding starch on the zero fat approach could be helpful in gut healing. I also did 3 days of 5g sublimed sulphur (flowers), it seems to help digestion quite abit as well.

I think you might be right on the starch, and good tip on the sulphur. I might give this another shot early in the new year.

I think I might use an intermittent approach of 2-5 days over a couple weeks, similar in structure to a juice fast or the potato hack, yet with a focus on the above foods.

Luann

Don't eat grains, don't eat milk fat, skim is ok since it has ">99.5" of the fat removed, make sure your CO melts at 92 and not 76 degree or don't eat it at all; no fried foods.

Orion

Nice quote on PUFA and estrogen:

"Besides lowering the liver's detoxifying ability, stress, hypoglycemia, malnutrition, hypothyroidism, and aging can cause estrogen to be synthesized inappropriately and continuously. With aging, estrogen begins to be produced throughout the body--in fat, muscles, skin, bones, brain, liver, breast, uterus, etc. Polyunsaturated fats are a major factor in the induction and activation of the aromatase enzyme, which synthesizes estrogen."

hard to find though

Find any filipino store and ask for brand minola , baguio , magnolia nutri oils. I think these brands are hydrogenated coconut oil. Cooking oils here are sometimes labeled vegetable oil but are pure coconut oil so you need to read the back label.

The popular "tropical tradition" cold-pressed virgin coconut oil came from the philippines but cannot be sold locally.

Last edited:

Kyle Bigman

aspirin helps

niacinamide helps

zinc helps

vitamin e helps

coconut oil, maybe hydrogenated oil, helps

astaxanthin, in theory, helps, but is an anti thyroid supplement

sugar helps burn PUFA

the b vitamin, b1,b2,b3, b6, b7 help too
Does baby aspirin daily work?

Mostly eat potatoes and very lean meat and fish, and plenty of fruit. This is if you don’t tolerate milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals