Eating PUFA makes my skin healthier?!? Why is this happening?

dervmai

progress
So I have been sadly cheating on my diet- lost my job so I’ve been having to eat unhealthier because sadly, healthy food is expensive.

Here is what I’ve noticed- skin is more moisturized, and the quality of my skin looks better.

I don’t know why this is happening. Anyone have an answer or some theories? I know weed oils are bad, but could Ray be wrong about trying to eliminate PUFA as much as possible?

I have no clue why this is happening. I was thinking maybe due to the molecular structure of PUFA vs saturated fat? Like saturated fat is solid at room temp, whereas seed oils are liquid. Maybe even after the digestion process, the properties of saturated fat remains intact, as in it is more solid, less viscous than PUFA, and that somehow it reaches the outermost layer of the skin easier? This seems stupid though, I just have no clue why, just spitballing ideas at this point.

Anyone actually know why this might be happening to me?

LuMonty

So I have been sadly cheating on my diet- lost my job so I’ve been having to eat unhealthier because sadly, healthy food is expensive.

Here is what I’ve noticed- skin is more moisturized, and the quality of my skin looks better.

I don’t know why this is happening. Anyone have an answer or some theories? I know weed oils are bad, but could Ray be wrong about trying to eliminate PUFA as much as possible?

I have no clue why this is happening. I was thinking maybe due to the molecular structure of PUFA vs saturated fat? Like saturated fat is solid at room temp, whereas seed oils are liquid. Maybe even after the digestion process, the properties of saturated fat remains intact, as in it is more solid, less viscous than PUFA, and that somehow it reaches the outermost layer of the skin easier? This seems stupid though, I just have no clue why, just spitballing ideas at this point.

When I had a phase like that, I wondered the same thing. What I realized is that most of the junk food i had was very high in cholesterol. For example, when I was having mayo (high PUFA store-bought) on all my sandwiches still, I had no positive change in skin quality. But when I had fast food high in cholesterol, my skin would improve despite the PUFA.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
When I had a phase like that, I wondered the same thing. What I realized is that most of the junk food i had was very high in cholesterol. For example, when I was having mayo (high PUFA store-bought) on all my sandwiches still, I had no positive change in skin quality. But when I had fast food high in cholesterol, my skin would improve despite the PUFA.
But I had high blood cholesterol. High enough for my doctor to want to put me on medication to lower cholesterol. Any thoughts? Maybe my blood cholesterol is high but my tissue cholesterol is low?

PopSocket

But I had high blood cholesterol. High enough for my doctor to want to put me on medication to lower cholesterol. Any thoughts? Maybe my blood cholesterol is high but my tissue cholesterol is low?
Your cholesterol is bound to toxins which is one of the functions. If you lower the toxin load cholesterol will fall down and the remaining cholesterol will shine.

74one

From your post a lot had changed in your life - you don't have a stressful job and you have more free time then when you where working but for some reason you attributed positive changes specifically to the unhealthy diet and PUFA??? PUFA suppresses metabolism and makes your body retain more water, as result your skin may look better in a short run - more moist, but it would be better to improve your diet and metabolism so your skin would look better because increased collagen

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Your cholesterol is bound to toxins which is one of the functions. If you lower the toxin load cholesterol will fall down and the remaining cholesterol will shine.
This is the Way.

cdg

Same thing happened to my wife's skin when she was on the Gerson diet which only allowed fax oil here very dry skin became smooth and soft??? Very strange!

Mauritio

Biotin is important for skin health. When your metabolism is increaesed by eating less PUFA ,your biotin (and other B vitamin) requirements go up. So by suppressing your metabolism with PUFA you simultaneously suppress your need for biotin, which can remove the deficiency symptoms you described.
Your symptoms resemble PUFA "deficiency" and It has been proven long ago that PUFA/EFA-deficiency symptoms stem from a deficiency in B vitamins.

I had the same issues when starting T3 and I also thought I might need PUFA, but then i realized I just needed higher amounts of biotin, B2 and B6.

cdg

Biotin is important for skin health. When your metabolism is increaesed by eating less PUFA ,your biotin (and other B vitamin) requirements go up. So by suppressing your metabolism with PUFA you simultaneously suppress your need for biotin, which can remove the deficiency symptoms you described.
Your symptoms resemble PUFA "deficiency" and It has been proven long ago that PUFA/EFA-deficiency symptoms stem from a deficiency in B vitamins.

I had the same issues when starting T3 and I also thought I might need PUFA, but then i realized I just needed higher amounts of biotin, B2 and B6.

Are you saying that PUFA increases the B vitamins which then improves the skin???

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Are you saying that PUFA increases the B vitamins which then improves the skin???
He is saying PUFA decreases metabolism, which decreases the need for b vitamins since metabolism is lower and is not using up as much of the B vitamins. I mean technically it increases B vitamins, but only because metabolism is lowered, which is not a good thing.

Mauritio

He is saying PUFA decreases metabolism, which decreases the need for b vitamins since metabolism is lower and is not using up as much of the B vitamins. I mean technically it increases B vitamins, but only because metabolism is lowered, which is not a good thing.
Yes, so you already know the solution.

This that you figured out is brilliant Mauritio! This winter my skin looks so much better than any other winter, and with what you said I realize it must be all of the egg yolks I have been eating. I eat two a day and sometimes three and toss the whites. Yolks are a better multi-vitamin, have it with a spoonful of raw honey afterward and it is a better sleeping pill too!

Mauritio

This that you figured out is brilliant Mauritio! This winter my skin looks so much better than any other winter, and with what you said I realize it must be all of the egg yolks I have been eating. I eat two a day and sometimes three and toss the whites. Yolks are a better multi-vitamin, have it with a spoonful of raw honey afterward and it is a better sleeping pill too!
Thanks. I was also thinking about tossing the whites because i only really crave the yolk.

Thanks. I was also thinking about tossing the whites because i only really crave the yolk.
The whites are not only high histamines, but tryptophan and methionine as well, which are both aging in many ways, and good to avoid with cancer.

Mauritio

The whites are not only high histamines, but tryptophan and methionine as well, which are both aging in many ways, and good to avoid with cancer.
Yes, I just dont like throwing food away

Yes, I just dont like throwing food away
I don’t like wasting food either, so sometimes I will make someone a batch of cupcakes with three of those egg whites. It puts a smile on their face. That happiness paired with sugar is very “Peaty”!

1705762090082.jpeg

Mauritio

I don’t like wasting food either, so sometimes I will make someone a batch of cupcakes with three of those egg whites. It puts a smile on their face. That happiness paired with sugar is very “Peaty”!

View attachment 60603
Thats a good idea. Im not into baking, but I surely wouldnt refuse one of those cupcakes!

Thats a good idea. Im not into baking, but I surely wouldnt refuse one of those cupcakes!
My girlfriend tosses the yolks because she is in that “saturated fats are bad” group, so I save some of mine and freeze them for her. I am not happy to be contributing the detriment of her health, but she is going to buy those same egg whites anyways, so I just figure that I am helping to reduce the chicken’s work load. Twelve egg whites makes an Angel food cake.

GTW

If moderate PUFA causes some benefit, you are not required to give a mechanistic reductionist babble justification. Each person is different, physiology is extremely complex.
Zhou Zuoren, Chinese writer, said, what can be explained in words has little value.
One of the first symptoms of PUFA deficiency when identified was related to skin health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals