The Safest, Least Irritating PUFA Food?

Josh

I know this is completely an anti peat post and I’ve posted something similar before but just double checking here, after having skin issues since eating low low pufa I’m going to try adding it back in.. I don’t want to hear the dangers of it Or what ever I’ve been here for 3 years and I’ve seen enough and would never thought I’d ever be asking these questions! Being as scared of pufa as I have been the last 3 years.. I’ve spoke to a lot of people who’ve had the same experience with pufa restriction (check my dry skin cause thread), maybe in some of us we have more of a requirement for skin health..

Anyway, the ‘safest’ pufa source I am looking for what would you guys say is the least gut irritating etc?, I did ask about sunflower seeds but I’ve been told a good quality pufa oil would be better as the toxins are removed etc..

Is this true? If so what are things I should be looking for when buying high quality pufa oil (sunflower oil) for example.. cold pressed etc etc?? Or if anyone has any direct links to uk products.
Or should I stick to something like sunflower seeds?

redsun

I know this is completely an anti peat post and I’ve posted something similar before but just double checking here, after having skin issues since eating low low pufa I’m going to try adding it back in.. I don’t want to hear the dangers of it Or what ever I’ve been here for 3 years and I’ve seen enough and would never thought I’d ever be asking these questions! Being as scared of pufa as I have been the last 3 years.. I’ve spoke to a lot of people who’ve had the same experience with pufa restriction (check my dry skin cause thread), maybe in some of us we have more of a requirement for skin health..

Anyway, the ‘safest’ pufa source I am looking for what would you guys say is the least gut irritating etc?, I did ask about sunflower seeds but I’ve been told a good quality pufa oil would be better as the toxins are removed etc..

Is this true? If so what are things I should be looking for when buying high quality pufa oil (sunflower oil) for example.. cold pressed etc etc?? Or if anyone has any direct links to uk products.
Or should I stick to something like sunflower seeds?

Probably fatty fish. And better quality fish is obviously healthier.

Josh

Can’t do eggs as they flare me up, (tried them anyway) also eat liver etc

PaRa

Did you try yolks only ? Egg whites are somehow allergenics/not well tolerated for many people

Jennifer

For me, the least irritating sources of PUFA are fruit (avocado and raw olives) and seafood.

postman

PUFAs themselvs are irritating to the stomach.

Your skin issues might be because of vitamin A overload, Ray Peat's food recommendations contain tons of vitamin A.

Anyways vegetable oils aren't exactly expensive, if you want a purified product buy the most light coloured (transparent) sunflower oil and consume that and see how you feel. Or, if you want a "balanced omega 3-6 ratio", get fish oil.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N The "safest" drug to increase serotonin Mental Issues 19
S Best/Safest jewellery material? Ask For Help or Advice 0
J Safest form of protein shake? Dairy 6
S Safest ED Drug Male Issues 2
S Found The Safest Soap To Use During Shower Body Care 33
A The Safest But Effective Dose Of BCAA? Ask For Help or Advice 4
S Safest Shampoo For Uk Folks Body Care 6
boris What Is The Safest Material For Tooth Fillings & Crowns & Bridges? Oral Health 12
S What Is The Safest Lubricant For Personal Use Male Issues 8
J The Safest Source Of PUFA Skin 40
P What Are Safest Hormones/supps To Gain MASS? Male Issues 48
P What's The Safest Hormone To Take? Hormones 20
indeterminacy Safest Tricyclic Antidepressants? Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
B Which Types Of Olives Are Safest And Best To Eat? Ask For Help or Advice 1
M What Is The Quickest And Safest Way To Get Rid Or Reduce Endotoxins? Metabolism 9
A Safest Way To Go About Tanning Beds?-Melanoma In Family Ask For Help or Advice 13
T What Is The Best And Safest Way To Chelate Heavy Metals Out Of The Brain? Ask For Help or Advice 128
biggirlkisss Safest Way To Set Up Incandescent Bulb 130 Volt 300 Watt Ask For Help or Advice 0
mayweatherking "Safest" Way To Get 150 Grams Of Protein A Day Without Dairy Ask For Help or Advice 68
D Safest Dopaminergic / Anti-prolactin Drug? Ask For Help or Advice 22
K Safest Options For Pizza? Eating Out, On The Run, Restaurants, Grocery Store 10
lindsay Best/safest Form Of Supplemental Magnesium? Magnesium 101
F Short grain white rice should be the "safest starch" Starches, Fiber, Legumes 19
Satan Safest way to cook shanks? Meat 4
K Which Ion is safest for mineral supplementation? Supplements 12
A At least 23 (!) Norwegians have died thus far after receiving the first dose of the Pfizer Vaccine. Vaccines 28
S Least damaging cellphone technology to use? Health 8
C Peat-friendly (or At Least Peat-aware) Doctors? Ask For Help or Advice 7
jamies33 Theory: PUFA Preferentially Stored Vs Burned Is Genetic (or At Least Can Differ Between People) Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils 1
P Rate Worst To Least Bad (includes Legumes, Rice, Vegetables, Grains) Diet 21
L Replenishing Calcium Stores Should Get At Least As Much (if Not More) Emphasis Than Depleting PUFA? Ray Peat Topics 23
haidut At Least 15% Of Patients With Brain Injury And In Coma May Be Conscious And Capable Of Recovery Scientific Studies 0
haidut One In Four People Will Have Stroke At Least Once, Including People In Their 20s Scientific Studies 7
Cirion Best, Least Allergenic/endotoxic Fruits? Fruits 8
haidut SSRI Drugs Linked To At Least 28 Murders, Including Mass Shootings In USA Scientific Studies 10
haidut Epigenetic Changes Can Be Passed Down For At Least 14 Generations Scientific Studies 5
A I Need A Sport To Train For. What's The 'least Damaging'? Exercise 26
DaveFoster Celecoxib, Least Likely NSAID To Cause Gastrointestinal Complications Scientific Studies 0
scarlettsmum Grains Are Back (at Least For Me They Are) Diet 13
haidut Blue light lethal to insects, while red / infrared is least harmful Light 0
T Green Vegetables: How Best To Prepare Them To Get The Most Good And The Least Harm? Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 18
R best/least worst candy bars Sweets, Snacks 11
haidut Optimal Sodium Intake Is At Least 230% Higher Than RDA Sodium 84
J What Is The Least Damaging Mind Altering Substance? Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 54
L Alcohol: Which Is Least Estrogenic? Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 50
LiveWire Coconut Oil Irritating My Throat. Concern? Coconut Oil 2
postman Making A More Tolerable And Less Irritating Coffee Diet, Recipes 21
DaveFoster MCT Oil Warning - Irritating And Allergenic Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 29
A Unique E Irritating Stomach E 27