Is This Causing My Dry Skin?

Should i lower my sat fat intake?

• yes, it must be the sat fat intake causing this issue

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, It won't be the sat fat intake causing this

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Josh

I know i’ve posted about this a lot before but i just want to make sure what i’m doing is worth doing as it seems info on this is really sparse and symptoms to my degree seem to be pretty rare from what i’ve researched in the last few months.

SYMPTOMS AND HISTORY:
Sebaceous filaments (Solidified sebum). Mine are covering alllllllll my face and cheeks/forehead/nose. these little solidified grains which are sebum literally stick out of the skin at every big pore i have. Even on my back and chest they are really bad. They have gotten a lot worse in the last few months as i know my testosterone has increased a lot recently.

Before finding Ray peat when i ate zero saturated fat i never had an issue with these. Since 2017 i’ve eat VERY high amounts of sat fat like butter/cheese/coconut oil/chocolate. The ONLY thing i can guess the filaments are caused from is my high sat fat intake and low poly fat intake causing the sebum to take more of a composition of sat fat. This article showing this: Sebaceous gland lipids “Triglycerides and fatty acids, taken together, account for the predominant proportion (57.5%)”

RESOLUTION:
Now over the last few months i have reduced my sat fat intake from 100-150g a day to under 50g. No difference so far but i am not always consistent.
Saturated fat from butter etc have been a major easy calorie source for me over the years but these filaments are really messing up my confidence and their also causing my skin to be dry, normally where you’d have oily sebum lubricating the skin, my sebum is just solidified in the pores meaning nothing is getting 'spread' over my skin.
Should i reduce my saturated fat intake even more? The dilema i’m in is i need the extra calories they give but i also need to rid myself of this issue. Is it worth me experimenting for longer with lower sat fat and going even lower? Is this the only possible thing it can be???
I’ve started eating 2 egg yolks a day as well.
Since i’ve eat so much sat fat for the last 3 years i should imagine it’s not going to be an overnight thing where i resolve this.

FacelessMan

I know i’ve posted about this a lot before but i just want to make sure what i’m doing is worth doing as it seems info on this is really sparse and symptoms to my degree seem to be pretty rare from what i’ve researched in the last few months.

SYMPTOMS AND HISTORY:
Sebaceous filaments (Solidified sebum). Mine are covering alllllllll my face and cheeks/forehead/nose. these little solidified grains which are sebum literally stick out of the skin at every big pore i have. Even on my back and chest they are really bad. They have gotten a lot worse in the last few months as i know my testosterone has increased a lot recently.

Before finding Ray peat when i ate zero saturated fat i never had an issue with these. Since 2017 i’ve eat VERY high amounts of sat fat like butter/cheese/coconut oil/chocolate. The ONLY thing i can guess the filaments are caused from is my high sat fat intake and low poly fat intake causing the sebum to take more of a composition of sat fat. This article showing this: Sebaceous gland lipids “Triglycerides and fatty acids, taken together, account for the predominant proportion (57.5%)”

RESOLUTION:
Now over the last few months i have reduced my sat fat intake from 100-150g a day to under 50g. No difference so far but i am not always consistent.
Saturated fat from butter etc have been a major easy calorie source for me over the years but these filaments are really messing up my confidence and their also causing my skin to be dry, normally where you’d have oily sebum lubricating the skin, my sebum is just solidified in the pores meaning nothing is getting 'spread' over my skin.
Should i reduce my saturated fat intake even more? The dilema i’m in is i need the extra calories they give but i also need to rid myself of this issue. Is it worth me experimenting for longer with lower sat fat and going even lower? Is this the only possible thing it can be???
I’ve started eating 2 egg yolks a day as well.
Since i’ve eat so much sat fat for the last 3 years i should imagine it’s not going to be an overnight thing where i resolve this.

Oil dissolves oil. Try rubbing albolene makeup remover (mineral oil) on topically then washing off with a gentle cleanser every night. I had clogged and blocked pores even with a good diet and this solved the issue for me. You might think rubbing it on your face will make it worse but it will make it better.

also topical sulphur works well

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Vitamin E, A, Zinc, the B-vitamins, all are typically deficient in skin problems. You may want to up your consumption of shellfish, like clams, oysters and mussels.