Dry Skin Cause

dreamcatcher

Also @Tristan Loscha and @cinderella @mipp My overall fat consumption is currently high as i am in the gym trying to put weight on..

On a given day my lipids attached below:

And my fat sources attached below:

Now these figures can change, maybe overall more or less..

Now my question is, do i have to reduce my overall sat fat intake to see results from the PUFA i will be adding?? (If so how much should i reduce sat fat by?)
Or can i just add the pufa source on top of what i am already doing?

View attachment 17582 View attachment 17583
@Josh my hair stopped shedding when I stopped eating starches last September. It is growing again well now, although my hair is thigh length and the bottom 20-30cm is much thinner which will take quite some time to catch up. I only started eating nuts and seeds and massage my skin with PUFA oils 2 months ago so I will have to report back later. When I was younger and ate PUFAs, my hair was very thick and during the Ray Peat diet my hair developed a strange look apart from becoming thin. It developed a very tapered look and extreme dryness. Even during thyroid supplementation when my temperature was optimal, my hair quality remained the same. Ray Peat gave me a recipe for eyebrow regrowth using T3 but it didn't help. He also suggested to apply vitamin D on them but again, no result. Then he recommended DHEA which wasn't helpful and it also messed up my regular periods. (Then I found out that my DHEA levels were on top of the normal range so I didn't need them anyway.)

Jing

interesting.What are the common causes of prostatitis?I wonder why the fishoil works,maybe you should try flaxseed Oil too.Does Aspirin reduces the signs and symptoms for you?
I've heard bacterial, pelvic floor tightness, inflammation. No aspirin doesn't help, I've always just thought fish oil is just reducing inflammation that's why it helps me . But anything else that lowers inflammation doesn't seem to help.

I've heard bacterial, pelvic floor tightness, inflammation. No aspirin doesn't help, I've always just thought fish oil is just reducing inflammation that's why it helps me . But anything else that lowers inflammation doesn't seem to help.

Do you feel a dose effect with the fish Oil?How much do you take to get that effect.

OP
J

Josh

@Josh my hair stopped shedding when I stopped eating starches last September. It is growing again well now, although my hair is thigh length and the bottom 20-30cm is much thinner which will take quite some time to catch up. I only started eating nuts and seeds and massage my skin with PUFA oils 2 months ago so I will have to report back later. When I was younger and ate PUFAs, my hair was very thick and during the Ray Peat diet my hair developed a strange look apart from becoming thin. It developed a very tapered look and extreme dryness. Even during thyroid supplementation when my temperature was optimal, my hair quality remained the same. Ray Peat gave me a recipe for eyebrow regrowth using T3 but it didn't help. He also suggested to apply vitamin D on them but again, no result. Then he recommended DHEA which wasn't helpful and it also messed up my regular periods. (Then I found out that my DHEA levels were on top of the normal range so I didn't need them anyway.)

Wow seems like you've been through it all!! Did you try the b6 as everyone keeps recommending?

Wow seems like you've been through it all!! Did you try the b6 as everyone keeps recommending?

..im not Cinderella,but almost.I tried the godd old B6 of course,even before i heard it about here,was part of my stack.was also supplementing with everything in replenishment dosages,did not help,or it would be worse without it.No cure,that is for sure.

dreamcatcher

Yes, I have P5P and took it for 2 months, 40mcg daily. I didn't experience any benefit, apart from remembering my dreams. I still have P5P at home but didn't take it regularly recently.

Jing

Do you feel a dose effect with the fish Oil?How much do you take to get that effect.
The fish oil liquid I have has 4585mg pure fish oil in each 5ml which provides EPA 825mg , DHA 550mg I take one tablespoon a day of this I don't think I notice additional benefits from more.

OP
J

Josh

Yes, I have P5P and took it for 2 months, 40mcg daily. I didn't experience any benefit, apart from remembering my dreams. I still have P5P at home but didn't take it regularly recently.

My daily intake of b6 is at 6.5mg ... rda being 1.3mg so don't know how they think that is an issue

Kray

Can you fill me in on your current skin status? I am interested in topical application for skin improvement. Can you recommend a good sunflower oil source, if that might be a good oil to start with? Seems like coconut oil and some others haven't given much dryness/itching relief. Any other long-term helps that I might incorporate for chronic dry skin would be most appreciated. Also just to clarify, you wouldn't recommend EPO taken internally to help, just a good oil topically?

No one mentioned soaps and their hindrance or help in dryness. Is water-only shower a safer bet? Any cleansers that won't add to dryness or irritate skin?

Thank you.

LadyRae

My daily intake of b6 is at 6.5mg ... rda being 1.3mg so don't know how they think that is an issue
Hi Josh! I've read through this entire thread and would love an update if you're up for it, please. I see that you posted another thread last September regarding sebaceous filaments as well, I'll read that next.

I think it's interesting all the pro-PUFA talk here. The best skin I ever had in my life was when I was grinding two tablespoons of flaxseed every morning and drinking it in a little juice with some nutritional yeast...

dreamcatcher

Can you fill me in on your current skin status? I am interested in topical application for skin improvement. Can you recommend a good sunflower oil source, if that might be a good oil to start with? Seems like coconut oil and some others haven't given much dryness/itching relief. Any other long-term helps that I might incorporate for chronic dry skin would be most appreciated. Also just to clarify, you wouldn't recommend EPO taken internally to help, just a good oil topically?

No one mentioned soaps and their hindrance or help in dryness. Is water-only shower a safer bet? Any cleansers that won't add to dryness or irritate skin?

Thank you.
Currently, I only use grass fed beef tallow that is mixed with 1/3 of extra virgin olive oil and whipped.
I no longer use any PUFA sources, I'm sorry I can't help.
I think temperature must be optimised along with a nutrient dense diet to combat skin dryness and improve hair quality.
Gut and skin are connected so it's good to focus on optimising absorption and elimination.

Kray

Hi Josh! I've read through this entire thread and would love an update if you're up for it, please. I see that you posted another thread last September regarding sebaceous filaments as well, I'll read that next.

I think it's interesting all the pro-PUFA talk here. The best skin I ever had in my life was when I was grinding two tablespoons of flaxseed every morning and drinking it in a little juice with some nutritional yeast...
You don't say?! That is not surprising, and is probably a better choice if one wants to take the plunge, than fish oil, IMO. Thank you Rae!

OP
J

Josh

@LadyRae @Kray Hey all... Well I didn't last long with the PUFA experiment back then, I did try sunflower seeds and stuff but I just couldn't do it long enough to say anything..
What I would say is I don't really have dry skin, but I do still have the sebaceous filaments, Over the past 2-3 years I have tried periods of high saturated to lower saturated fat intake and I would say the higher saturated fat intake does increase these seb filaments in my skin..Very recently I trialed as low as I'd ever go with saturated fat and I would say I think the SeB filaments reduced, but I noticed my skin just being more dry in general so I upped it again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals