Dry Skin Cause

OP
J

Josh

@Tristan Loscha

So can you just confirm what you meant with ‘Lipid-stack’ and these quantities.. are you saying consume 10g of sunflower seed, 10g flaxseed oil, 3g of fish oil and you do that on a daily basis?? And doing this on a daily basis took 3 weeks to cure dry skin etc??

I see you mentioned that High quality oils are better than seeds as to avoid toxins in seeds, What other things should one look for when buying high quality oils? And which one is the very best?

Again thanks so much!

OP
J

Josh

@cinderella

What are the best PUFA sources in your opinion? Less irritating on the gut etc and how much to safely consume daily etc? @Tristan above mentioned that seed oils are better as they avoid toxins in seeds?

Yes my hair has got thinner also, did you resolve your thin hair with adding back in the pufa??

Your story sounds a lot like mine in terms of never thinking my issues could be linked to EFA deficiency oh wow. i to have tried everything recommended here!! Pufa is my last resort and it feels its the only thing it can be now.

I just started reading that blog and its SUPER INTERESTING!

Again thanks so much for the reply!

OP
J

Josh

@Josh The only thing that helps my dry skin on my face is evening primrose oil.. combined with fish oil helps even more .

Thanks for the reply Jing, So you consume evening primrose oil? like a supplement?

and also you consume Fish oil capsules ??

Jing

Thanks for the reply Jing, So you consume evening primrose oil? like a supplement?

and also you consume Fish oil capsules ??
Yes I take evening primrose oil capsules , I do go on and off with these though as of course they are polyunsaturated fats and I feel like I could be hurting my body by taking them but everytime I stop them my skin gets worse and the reason I take fish oil is because I have prostatitis with pain in my penis and fish oil is the only thing I have found which reduces the pain dramatically, I take fish oil liquid.

@Tristan Loscha

So can you just confirm what you meant with ‘Lipid-stack’ and these quantities.. are you saying consume 10g of sunflower seed, 10g flaxseed oil, 3g of fish oil and you do that on a daily basis?? And doing this on a daily basis took 3 weeks to cure dry skin etc??

I see you mentioned that High quality oils are better than seeds as to avoid toxins in seeds, What other things should one look for when buying high quality oils? And which one is the very best?

Again thanks so much!

yes,the amount of the oils,so 10g,a tablespoonful of Sunflower Oil,which would net you around 5 to 6 grams of Linoleic Acid.I used it for Acne,but dry skin is also one of the hallmark symptoms and signs of EFA deficiency in the skin.Oil quality should be pressed under exclusion from light,oxygen (inert gas instead),and preferably in a Glassbottle with outer casing,like Carton.Also Vitamin E as alpha or mixed tocopherols is highly rec.

Yes I take evening primrose oil capsules , I do go on and off with these though as of course they are polyunsaturated fats and I feel like I could be hurting my body by taking them but everytime I stop them my skin gets worse and the reason I take fish oil is because I have prostatitis with pain in my penis and fish oil is the only thing I have found which reduces the pain dramatically, I take fish oil liquid.

You should look up Antibiotic treatments,maybe amoxicilline for that condition,it is easily treatable if its of bacterial origin.

OP
J

Josh

yes,the amount of the oils,so 10g,a tablespoonful of Sunflower Oil,which would net you around 5 to 6 grams of Linoleic Acid.I used it for Acne,but dry skin is also one of the hallmark symptoms and signs of EFA deficiency in the skin.Oil quality should be pressed under exclusion from light,oxygen (inert gas instead),and preferably in a Glassbottle with outer casing,like Carton.Also Vitamin E as alpha or mixed tocopherols is highly rec.

right okay i'm definitely going to try it! Hair thinning seems to be a common symptom of EFA deficiency which i have, do you think it will improve after consumption EFA?

Jing

You should look up Antibiotic treatments,maybe amoxicilline for that condition,it is easily treatable if its of bacterial origin.
Na it's not bacteria, I've just been told I have chronic prostatitis so basically urologists don't know the cause.

Jing

Antibiotics.I wouldnt trust in the judgment of local,low level physicians tbh
Oh lol when this started I was prescribed antibiotics with no success I can't remember what antibiotics though and I did about 2 years ago take amoxicillin but only for 4-5 days .

Oh lol when this started I was prescribed antibiotics with no success I can't remember what antibiotics though and I did about 2 years ago take amoxicillin but only for 4-5 days .

interesting.What are the common causes of prostatitis?I wonder why the fishoil works,maybe you should try flaxseed Oil too.Does Aspirin reduces the signs and symptoms for you?

OP
J

Josh

Also @Tristan Loscha and @cinderella @mipp My overall fat consumption is currently high as i am in the gym trying to put weight on..

On a given day my lipids attached below:

And my fat sources attached below:

Now these figures can change, maybe overall more or less..

Now my question is, do i have to reduce my overall sat fat intake to see results from the PUFA i will be adding?? (If so how much should i reduce sat fat by?)
Or can i just add the pufa source on top of what i am already doing?

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 23.13.41.png
Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 23.15.30.png

Also @Tristan Loscha and @cinderella @mipp My overall fat consumption is currently high as i am in the gym trying to put weight on..

Now my question is, do i have to reduce my overall sat fat intake to see results from the PUFA i will be adding?? (If so how much should i reduce sat fat by?)

View attachment 17582 View attachment 17583

On top is fine,if you ahve fatgain,reduce the sats slightly.Pigs are the leanest and most muscular if O6 to O3 Ratio is 1:1.

dreamcatcher

I can't believe what I am reading here o_O. (This is no critique, I think the discussion should always keep going).

@cinderella Maybe it was a zinc deficiency in your case? Peanuts and Cashews are high zinc sources. Zinc deficiency can cause dry brittle skin.
Definitely not! As I used to supplement up to 50mg daily in the past which didn't make any difference. Apart from this, I follow my food intake on cronometer and I easily met, even exceeded the 100% of RDA.

dreamcatcher

@cinderella

What are the best PUFA sources in your opinion? Less irritating on the gut etc and how much to safely consume daily etc? @Tristan above mentioned that seed oils are better as they avoid toxins in seeds?

Yes my hair has got thinner also, did you resolve your thin hair with adding back in the pufa??

Your story sounds a lot like mine in terms of never thinking my issues could be linked to EFA deficiency oh wow. i to have tried everything recommended here!! Pufa is my last resort and it feels its the only thing it can be now.

I just started reading that blog and its SUPER INTERESTING!

Again thanks so much for the reply!
@Josh you are very welcome! I read in the literature that when one suffers from fat malabsorption, external application of these oils seems to be more effective. Otherwise, when you consume them internally, they are processed through the liver. I think cold pressed sunflower and safflower oils are one of the best but one could benefit from all sorts of nuts and seeds and oily fish for omega 3. ( I know that Ray Peat is against omega 3s). Btw, taking omega 3s won't correct omega 6 deficiency.
You could soak the nuts overnight in salty water for easier digestion. That's how nuts were traditionally consumed, according to the WAP org, to avoid anti nutrients. Or you could buy activated nuts, which are more expensive but very tasty and light in texture. Btw, out of laziness, I didn't soak the nuts I consumed in the last couple of months.
In Ayurveda, sesame seed oil is most commonly used for massage, to correct dryness of the skin, as it is believed that it is caused by vata dosha imbalance.
I have tried so many different diets in the past and also experimented with different macro ratios just to realise that for me, starches were problematic. I never had indigestion issues but suffered from eye bags for like 35+ years and when I excluded them in the beginning of Sept 2019, the appearance of my eyes became normal, for the first time in my life. I used to be very afraid of nuts and seeds in the past, thinking that they're difficult to digest and contributed to my problems. I was wrong.

baccheion

View attachment 17582 View attachment 17583
All you need if so bothered are 2 DHA 500 capsules and more vitamin B6. Get enough zinc:copper if not already the case. Or replace coconut oil with truly pastured organic raw egg yolks (assumes sterile gut). Or with milk fat (ie, start consuming more 100% grass-fed organic whole milk).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals