My Plan For PUFA Depletion & Weight Loss

Luann

@schultz I forgot about instant coffee! Nice!
I also recommend baked potatoes, so low in PUFA and they help me out with some nutrients. Amazoniac advises me on preparing them against certain toxins near the end of this thread.

Hanzo

for fat loss and depletion what should be the max PUFA intake? 1g? 4g? 0.5?

Cirion

There was a study linked here some time ago. I am really drawing a blank on the specific target. I want to say no more than 0.5% of calories from PUFA, I THINK was the number that was concluded, for quickest depletion. If I find it I'll post it. That's hard to get for sure. That would be like 1 gram of PUFA per 2000 calories. I'm pretty much doing this now though on most days (I eat about 4000 cal and get around 2 gram pufa).

Also, eating a low total dietary fat intake also assists with PUFA depletion because it is likely going to liberate them at a quicker pace. My total fat intake a day usually sits in the range of 10-20 gram of fat, no more than 30.

Waremu

If you do a water-juice low PUFA fast while taking laxatives every day you’ll be super PUFA depleted in 30 days.

But in all seriousness, with the four year tissue turnover of PUFA, it may not take someone a complete four years to see better results if they were already eating a relatively low PUFA diet for years beforehand. I’m of the opinion that it would probably take longer for someone to see more dramatic improvements if they were eating a standard American higher PUFA diet before starting a ‘PUFA deposition’ protocol. So you’d probably have a lower PUFA tissue saturation-ratio ‘starting point’ starting from that four year period and therefore reach a more favorable stored SAT to PUFA ratio quicker than someone who was starting with a much higher ratio of stored SAT and MFA to PUFA.

I was eating low PUFA (under 4 grams max and around 1 gram per day on most days) for over 4 years before I attempted a much stricter/lower PUFA diet or ‘PUFA depletion’ protocol and the metabolic improvements were more dramatic than when I first began lowering PUFA for the first few years. I was able to efortlessly keep my body temperatures and pulse higher throughout the day, felt better, had better mood, etc. Lost fat easier too. In fact, my metabolism was low from all the cutting I did years beforehand and I’d gain weight on anything over 2400 calories and now average 3000+ calories if I want to lose weight. Some muscle gained accounted for this too, but I don’t think it was enough to account for that dramatic of an improvement.

So perhaps you’ll see more benefits quicker doing a PUFA depletion protocol if you’ve already been eating a relatively low PUFA diet for many years.

Last edited:

Cirion

If you do a water-juice low PUFA fast while taking laxatives every day you’ll be super PUFA depleted in 30 days.

lol that sounds pretty miserable... but I wouldn't doubt it...

OP
milkboi

milkboi

There was a study linked here some time ago. I am really drawing a blank on the specific target. I want to say no more than 0.5% of calories from PUFA, I THINK was the number that was concluded, for quickest depletion. If I find it I'll post it. That's hard to get for sure. That would be like 1 gram of PUFA per 2000 calories. I'm pretty much doing this now though on most days (I eat about 4000 cal and get around 2 gram pufa).

Also, eating a low total dietary fat intake also assists with PUFA depletion because it is likely going to liberate them at a quicker pace. My total fat intake a day usually sits in the range of 10-20 gram of fat, no more than 30.

Why is the amount of PUFA to overall calories of importance? The relation between PUFA and metabolic rate would make sense, as the latter probably determines how much PUFA is burned for energy... Or are calories in this modell just a proxy for metabolic rate?

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Quick update on my diet. It looks like this now:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-02 um 21.15.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-02 um 21.15.50.png

This is the "base diet" as @schultz would say... (really strong lattes with instant coffee are awesome btw :):). I actually don't eat dates, but 250g of date syrup. All the nutrients, no fiber! Daily 30g gelatin and 0-30g MCTs. Down to 0,7g PUFA daily! I sometimes add in 0,3% Quark, pickled cucumbers, some candy, different kinds of candy, differents kinds of sugars (eg coconut sugar, maple syrup), to mix things up.. Pretty satisfied with how the foods digest, and also with the nutrient density. I'm only going to eat liver if I feel like a nutritional boost, to avoid the arachidonic acid, and going to start to supplement some Poisonil(credits @Amazoniac). Stopping a lot of my supplements, as I feel they are not really necessary. I will continue Vit. K, A, E , Thiamine, Biotine, B6 (P5P), Pregnenolone, MB, occasional Zinc and Aspirin.

Last edited:
OP
milkboi

milkboi

Any updates? I'm thinking of doing something like this too
Yeah I didn't really follow through long enough with it to achieve EFA deficiency. If I were to do this again, I'd do it in a already lean state not as my main fat loss diet.

Epik

Yeah I didn't really follow through long enough with it to achieve EFA deficiency. If I were to do this again, I'd do it in a already lean state not as my main fat loss diet.
Why would you do it in a lean state? Any kind of negatives popped up?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals