Prone to spasms and palpitations after K2

Judd Crane

This week I introduced 100mcg K2 mk-4 with 500iu D3. First night I had muscle spasms when relaxing in bed. I attributed this to hypocalcemia and added 700mg of calcium with my next dose (about a gram of total calcium intake). I also take thyroid and progesterone. The upping of calcium seemed to resolve the issue at first but during the week I’ve felt nightly palpitations at two occasions and also had spasms in the neck/head area last night, which prompted my reassessment of the situation.

Do I need to up my calcium even more, or what could be the issue?
As for cofactors I get at least the rdi of magnesium, 500iu of d3 and about a gram of calcium per day, with 700mg along with the k2 dose. Are there any recommended ratios for these cofactors to k2?

Last edited:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Same here. Calcium needs to be quite high for me to tolerate k2. Similar symptoms. Increasing calcium and vitamin D seems to help.

E

eat my peat

Very interesting ... I've been taking like 5mg of mk4 for a over a month and assumed the muscle twitching was from potassium deficiency haha.

will hold off and see if twitching stops :) thanks for sharing

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

After upping D3 to 1500IU and supplemented calcium to 1.2g the spasms have resolved. Although now I get twitching in the chin at times. Could this be hypocalcemia still or low magnesium?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals