Need Help With Hypervitaminosis E Issues

Travis

What do you see as the issues with D3 supplementation? You're not referring to Marshall are you?
No issues. It's just that it's a powerful lipid-soluble vitamin–hormone that can be abused with high-doses. About 2,000 IUs should be great for 99% of people, but you do see very high doses for sale. Even 5,000 IUs can make my joints stiff at times.

Most of the B-vitamins can be chronically-consumed at 100× the RDA, for months, with very little side-effects.

I think magnesium is a little hard and so I am told...
This can even be absorbed transdermally. I bought magnesium chloride in a spray bottle, and a few sprays on the skin has noticeable effects. It is relaxing. You might not expect just a simple mineral to be so powerful, but it is. Everyone seems to be interested in acetylcholine and ATP, but muscle tension is even influenced by simple things such as magnesium and calcium. and they seem to somewhat antagonize each-other inside the cell.

Zhang, Aimin, Toni PO Cheng, and Burton M. Altura. "Magnesium regulates intracellular free ionized calcium concentration and cell geometry in vascular smooth muscle cells." Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular Cell Research 1134.1 (1992): 25-29.

OP
T

topdog82

b-6 made my heart beat fast but that could have been placebo

in regards to vitamin d, 1-2k is actually plenty. I am not sure why 5-10k is the new "thing". Based on my research, (esp after vitamin d causing hypothyroid) I think the minimal effective dose should be supplemented. 30-40 range is plenty

and for magnesium; ya. I should have specified but I have been doing magnesium via spray daily. It lacks the digestive issues and side effects of oral magnesium. Clearly, I am a huge fan. Definitely makes me feel more rested when I use it for sleep. outside of occasional melatonin, its the only sleep supp that consistently delivers and doesn't leave me foggy

Travis

I think I'll make sure to take half the vitamin D pill next time. The only problem is that it is in olive oil, making separation messy. Perhaps I'll just squeeze-it-out and rub it on my skin.

It certainly raises calcium absorption, although still a good percentage (I want to say 40% percent but I can't remember for sure) just diffuses-in not under control of vitamin D.

Lucenzo01

FAD it's needed to form the active forms of D3 and A. FAD it's made from riboflavin. Megadosin A and D3 will deplete riboflavin, I learnt this the hard-way.

OP
T

topdog82

There are a lot of d3 dosages that are 1-2k on the market. I have been satisfied with this coconut oil based one
https://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Coco...655222&sr=1-9&keywords=vitamin+d3+coconut+oil

If there are rules against posting links/promoting products let me know. its not like I am a bot/shill. but coconut oil d3 capsules are optimal (i think) because they won't go rancid. From what I understand, olive oil goes rancid quicker than coconut oil. Why take rancid olive oil caps? Coconut oil is absurdly stable in comparison right?

OP
T

topdog82

also; does anyone know about the iron thing? In one blood test my iron was piss low with high vitamin e. In other tests, it was normal with high vitamin e?

does iron fluctuate like that? I would hate to start taking an iron supplement to recover. its the more risky nutrient to supplement

ddjd

I ended up with vitamin a toxicity. I supplemented taurine and immediately felt a lot better within a few days
  • Taurine significantly reduces toxic effects in rats.[45] Retinoids can be conjugated by taurine and other substances. Significant amounts of retinotaurine are excreted in the bile,[46] and this retinol conjugate is thought to be an excretory form, as it has little biological activity.[47]
here it is @haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
T

topdog82

I have 0 clue what exact purpose you guys are interested in my taurine reference/anecdote with. if its because you are looking at solving your own vitamin a toxicity issues, I would like to add that my vitamin a issues were not scientifically tested. I didn't get a liver biopsy before, during and after taurine supplementation. What I can tell you is that I took a lot of vitamin a and ended up with vitamin a toxicity symptoms for a while. I was able to reverse those effects quickly with taurine in a matter of days

Again; it could all just be placebo. So take my anecdote with a large pinch of salt

if you are just more interested in my reference just for the sake of curiosity/scientific interest, then go ahead

RedStaR

No issues. It's just that it's a powerful lipid-soluble vitamin–hormone that can be abused with high-doses. About 2,000 IUs should be great for 99% of people, but you do see very high doses for sale. Even 5,000 IUs can make my joints stiff at times.

Most of the B-vitamins can be chronically-consumed at 100× the RDA, for months, with very little side-effects.

This can even be absorbed transdermally. I bought magnesium chloride in a spray bottle, and a few sprays on the skin has noticeable effects. It is relaxing. You might not expect just a simple mineral to be so powerful, but it is. Everyone seems to be interested in acetylcholine and ATP, but muscle tension is even influenced by simple things such as magnesium and calcium. and they seem to somewhat antagonize each-other inside the cell.

Zhang, Aimin, Toni PO Cheng, and Burton M. Altura. "Magnesium regulates intracellular free ionized calcium concentration and cell geometry in vascular smooth muscle cells." Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Molecular Cell Research 1134.1 (1992): 25-29.

2k IU is way too low for most people.

I personally take 200,000 IUs twice a month. But I don't get any sunlight and quite lean.

OP
T

topdog82

So I ended up recovering from both vitamin a and e toxicity. the symptoms have gone. I still feel a little out of it and so I got a general health panel

Everything looked normal but I have a BUN rating of 15, creatinine rating of 0.65. bun/creatinine ratio was in at 23. I was just curious as to whether or not that was a red flag I could have liver/kidney issues. So I understand it, I have been displaying signs of kidney/liver issues. not knowing why. dizzy, nausea, tiredness and fatigue. I drank for the first time in a long time last weekend. I had 2-3 drinks and was noticeably intoxicated. My body could just be adjusting but its hard to say. I am definitely noticeably fatigued. I would say my diet could use some improvement but its "peaty"

Low creatinine levels are a potential marker for liver issues. high bun/creatine ratios are a sign of potential kidney issues. My biliburin and eGFR were not ridiculous or out there. Could one potentially have mild liver/kidney issues from the hypercalcemia, vitamin a and vitamin e toxicity?

All said and done its hard to say the exact period of time that I had these issues but all said and done its about 4 months of putting my body through pointless vitamin/endocrine/calcium stresses

Thoughts?

OP
T

topdog82

I also have high blood carbon dioxide. a little bit on the higher end, 29. normal range is 23-29

I think liver or kidney issues aren't hard to believe at all

Travis

I had 2-3 drinks and was noticeably intoxicated. My body could just be adjusting but its hard to say. [...] Thoughts?
Did you know that the enzyme that converts retinol into retinaldehyde is the very same enzyme that dehydrogenates ethanol to acetaldehyde?

OP
T

topdog82

huh....Thats really interesting actually

The idea that my liver could be depleted of that enzyme isn't hard to believe at all. do you think that I could have mild liver damage from the vitamin a and hypercalcemia? thoughts?

Travis

huh....Thats really interesting actually

The idea that my liver could be depleted of that enzyme isn't hard to believe at all. do you think that I could have mild liver damage from the vitamin a and hypercalcemia? thoughts?
You should be fine, but lower retinol liver stores might translate to a greater drinking capacity? and vice versa? This is what I had assumed: that less retinol would equate to more liver space available for ethanol metabolism.

OP
T

topdog82

I could believe that. the level of drunk I got that night from such little makes it very easy to believe. and it logically makes perfect sense

This is listed in one of the treatments. I was wondering what effect this would have on hypervitaminosis A. Vitamin A is taken via diet up until it starts to spill over into the blood correct? From there, what happens? The patient would experience signs of vitamin A poisoning. Headaches, extreme fatigue etc. Would ppc theoretically just nullify the effects of vitamin A poisoning for the period of time that you take it?

Ie if one had hypervitaminosis A for a period of time, would they just cease to have those symptoms when taking PPC as the retinol that would normally leak into their blood would just stay in the liver? But if they ceased their supplementation, the symptoms would come back? Please let me know if you can explain. Because this wouldn't treat vitamin a toxicity. it would just forgo it breifly for the period of time that you take it. the second you stop, the liver would be overloaded and let out the retinol

• Phosphatidylcholine (in the form of PPC or DLPC), the substrate for Lecithin retinol acyltransferase, which converts retinol into Retinyl esters (the storage forms of vitamin A).

Travis

I could believe that. the level of drunk I got that night from such little makes it very easy to believe. and it logically makes perfect sense

This is listed in one of the treatments. I was wondering what effect this would have on hypervitaminosis A. Vitamin A is taken via diet up until it starts to spill over into the blood correct? From there, what happens? The patient would experience signs of vitamin A poisoning. Headaches, extreme fatigue etc. Would ppc theoretically just nullify the effects of vitamin A poisoning for the period of time that you take it?

Ie if one had hypervitaminosis A for a period of time, would they just cease to have those symptoms when taking PPC as the retinol that would normally leak into their blood would just stay in the liver? But if they ceased their supplementation, the symptoms would come back? Please let me know if you can explain. Because this wouldn't treat vitamin a toxicity. it would just forgo it breifly for the period of time that you take it. the second you stop, the liver would be overloaded and let out the retinol

• Phosphatidylcholine (in the form of PPC or DLPC), the substrate for Lecithin retinol acyltransferase, which converts retinol into Retinyl esters (the storage forms of vitamin A).
That seems like a good idea, but you should find‐out what lipids are on the glycerol. The one on that Wiki page has palmitate, oleate, and phosphocholine on the glycerol backbone. You wouldn't want to take , for instance, 1-stearoyl-2-acrachidonyl-phosphatidylcholine. This is still technically phosphotidylcholine, yet has arachidonic acid in the sn‐2 position. I doubt that anyone would actually sell this as a supplement but it would be interesting to know which one you buy, if any, regardless.

OP
T

topdog82

I was going to do this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FPOF3KS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/Thorne-Resea...UTF8&qid=1511044547&sr=8-10&keywords=siliphos

I was taking milk thistle in order to reverse any possible liver damage I might have had the vitamin A toxicity. this product would provide both ppc and milk thistle

https://www.thorne.com/products/dp/siliphos-reg

This description here explains what exactly it does. Its a blend of silymarin from milk thistle and PPC. supposedly this compound is incredibly useful from liver support

This would kill any remaining vitamin a toxicity left and also help my liver. That is if my liver isn't properly at 100%. And I am unsure if taurine just helped the vitamin A issues or completely removed the vitamin A from my system. And blood tests won't help me in that regard

Between the above two products which would you take/recommend? And do you know the answer to my question? Would PPC only cover the symptoms of vitamin a toxicity for the time that you take it? Because once you stop, the retinol leaks back into your bloodstream

EDIT: taking this one. better to take the simplest for available
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OXEI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:

Lucenzo01

Very interesting. You have any links you read on this?
Surprinsingly, the wikipedia page of riboflavin is full of accurate info. I would give riboflavin a try. It converts retinol to retinoid acid. Riboflavin has been proved to help with accutane toxicity. The most underrated vitamin IMO.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals