Supplementation After Labs

O

oldfriend

Sorry if this is technically cross-posting and I already posted some of this info in the digestion forum. I'm new here and battling with persistent GI issues and debilitating malaise. I've been diagnosed with CFS, IBS, Gastritis, Chronic Fissures, etc. in the past but I began working with a new GP recently who ran a series of panels and quickly came back with a diagnosis of 'Pregnenolone Steal Syndrome'.

Here's what I think is the noteworthy data:

Cortisol A.M.: 19 mcg/DL

TSH: 1.67 mIU/L
T3 Free: 3.7 pg/mL
T3 Total: 133 ng/DL
T3 Reverse: 17 ng/DL

AST: 12 U/L
ALT: 6 U/L

Pregnenolone: 101 ng/dL
DHEA: 178 mcg/dL
Progesterone: 0.9 ng/mL
Testosterone Total: 826 ng/dL
Testosterone: 84.9 pg/mL

Estradiol: 35 pg/ mL
Estrone: 40 pg/mL

Glucose: 95 mg/dL

Calcium: 10.5 mg/dL (attribute this to drinking lots of bone broth at the time)

Apparently my ongoing gut inflammation is responsible for the high cortisol and resulting PSS diagnosis. Apparently my estrogen is also quite high. I was surprised that my total Testosterone levels are quite normal or even high, while my Free T levels are low. I'm also surprised that he didn't actually bring up that my ALT is considered low and that he didn't go into what that means.

Unfortunately this is as far as I could get with this particular GP. This Hormone Therapy approach is new for him. In addition to OTC Hormone replacement, he recommends something called HOPE therapy (High Fiber, Omega 3 Oils, Probiotics, Enzymes....dairy and meat are bad, seeds, nuts, grains, and beans are good), but that's all he recommends at this point. Not too keen on his diet recommendations to be honest.

Anyways, I'd like to ask for any ideas on how to proceed with supplementation. Also, some of this information seems alarming to me. I know that I haven't felt well or healthy for a long time, but it's hard to gauge the seriousness of this information by my doctor's reaction. How concerned should I be? Any ideas for further investigation into the cause of these issues?

Currently Supplementation:
Multi-vitamin
B complex
Vitamin D
L-5-MTHF
Digestive Enzymes with every meal
Cascara Sagrada a few nights a week before bed
Heat Lamp for 20 mins 3-4 times a day

I'm gearing up to order my first round of hormones. The way it was explained to me, all hormones are derived from the master hormone Pregnenolone. Why then does it make sense to order Pregnenolone, Progesterone, and DHEA? Why not just triple my dose of Pregnenolone? I suspect that the answer might be that my adrenals are bypassing the process of conversion to Progesterone and DHEA so they can produce more Cortisol? I just ordered Cyproheptadine from alldaychemist.com as well.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals