1.34 ng/dL
Reference Range:0.60 ng/dL - 1.60 ng/dL

T3 Free
3.1 pg/mL
Reference Range:2.0-4.4

Prolactin
20.34 ng/mL (High)
Reference Range:1.60 ng/mL - 18.80 ng/mL

Still waiting for results on Testosterone, will update tomorrow.
Age 25, pretty fit, can see abs, walk every day, lift 2x-3x week. Depression, wake up multiple times a night, especially near morning.

Diet
Potato, rice, OJ, muscle meats, gelatin, eggs, coconut oil, liver sometimes, tons of mushrooms. Low to no PUFA.

Supps
oral pregnenolone (40 mg/day), 2-3 g of eggshell calcium, BCAA, tyrosine, lycine, taurine, Vit D (5,000 IU), E (400 IU/day), A (15,000 IU/day), K2 (5-60 mg/day), aspirin (80mg 4x week), niacinamide (500 mg 3x week), methylene blue (1mg/day). Cyproheptadine (1 -2 mg 3x week).

I feel pretty good (provided I had decent sleep the previous night), look fine, but clearly I'm under some serious stress with high TSH Prolactin and Cort. Need to fix sleep to lower stress but need to lower stress to be ably to sleep soundly.

Having more digestion issues lately. Maybe related to OJ causing stomach aches and irritation

Any other ideas based on this and my labs?

Last edited:

X3CyO

Id drop everything supplemental and see what happens to the bloods.

Stimulating the metabolism too much without enough calories or nutrients is almost as bad as being hypo.

What time did you take your bloods? Could explain the cortisol, but other than that..

I think as someone your age and health, you're overdoing it just a little too much.

OP
encerent

encerent

Id drop everything supplemental and see what happens to the bloods.

Stimulating the metabolism too much without enough calories or nutrients is almost as bad as being hypo.

What time did you take your bloods? Could explain the cortisol, but other than that..

I think as someone your age and health, you're overdoing it just a little too much.

Took them at around 8:00 AM. The blood cortisol test is done in the morning.

Overdoing it definitely seems like it could be the major problem. I'll drop the extra amino acids for now. I probably will get blood work again in about 3 months, so I am looking for suggestions on what I can do.

Maybe high estrogen?

Wonder how it would of showed up on your test.

If your estrogen is high it may be affecting liver.

Vitamin k2 I've read canhave estrogen lowering effects as well as helpful for liver while also being an aid for mitochondria

beta pandemic

how many calories are you averaging? calories for me are huge for sleep. 3000-4000 or i am admiring the ceiling until 2 am.

i dont know about eggshell calcium either. you cant do cheeses or strained yogurt?

Diokine

Why are you taking so much vitamin A? It's not a crazy dose but taking it every day may be causing some issues.

1mg of methylene blue per day is quite a bit and may be causing issues with your sleep.

Milk thistle may be worth looking at. I'm fairly confident it has cortisol and estrogen lowering effects.

If you are looking to lower it rather quickly, maybe bite the bullet on some lisuride

I've been having trouble sleeping lately as well. I just bought some casein to try to help keep blood sugar in line while I sleep - was a recommendation by haidut - direct quote "
cleardot.gif

You can try increasing salt intake and eat slower digesting protein like casein. Salt lowers adrenaline and the slow digesting protein is less likely to cause hypoglycemia and this trigger cortisol/adrenaline release. Casein also has some direct anti-adrenaline effects itself."

I think bag breathing is often overlooked - if you are open to it, give it a try 4x a day for 2 minutes each.

cleardot.gif

One other question - how often are you on the computer before bed?

Last edited:
OP
encerent

encerent

Why are you taking so much vitamin A? It's not a crazy dose but taking it every day may be causing some issues.

1mg of methylene blue per day is quite a bit and may be causing issues with your sleep.

1mg is a lot?
Methylene blue treatment for residual symptoms of bipolar disorder: randomised crossover study. - PubMed - NCBI
AIMS:
We conducted a double-blind crossover study of a low dose (15 mg, 'placebo') and an active dose (195 mg) of methylene blue in patients with bipolar disorder treated with lamotrigine.

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.2014.13101407
Adult participants displaying marked claustrophobic fear were randomly assigned to double-blind administration of 260 mg of methylene blue (N=23) or administration of placebo (N=19) immediately following six 5-minute extinction trials in an enclosed chamber.

tara

When you refer to this as bad results, are you comparing it to all being better going into the experiment a year ago? Have all these markers and symptoms worsened? In which case I guess it hasn't been a terribly pro-metabolic diet for you. I presume the blood test was fasting.

I'm not sure that this would line up with Peat's advice, but personally I'd find the diet you describe quite narrow, and I might be concerned about missing out on little bits of this and that, as well as having palatability-related trouble eating enough. For myself, I start to go down hill if I skip my veges for more than a day or two, even if I supplement with Mg. Are you getting any seafood?

For depression, doing meaningful, enjoyable, satisfying things with other people can sometimes make a world of difference.

REOSIRENS

Move to a sunny place.
Well said!

If it was possible I would go to tropical country(low latitude countries) to live... They seem not having metabolic problems even sometimes having high levels of poverty around... In my country(south Europe) I have hot summer and my metabolic problems are solved in the summer

Peatful

Vitamin D 25-OH Level
42 ng/mL
Reference Range:30 ng/mL - 80 ng/mL

Glucose.
102 mg/dL (High)
Reference Range:70 mg/dL - 99 mg/dL

Cortisol AM
25.57 ug/dL (High)
Reference Range:5.00 ug/dL - 25.00 ug/dL

TSH
1.85 uIU/mL
Reference Range:0.40 uIU/mL - 5.00 uIU/mL

T4 Free
1.34 ng/dL
Reference Range:0.60 ng/dL - 1.60 ng/dL

T3 Free
3.1 pg/mL
Reference Range:2.0-4.4

Prolactin
20.34 ng/mL (High)
Reference Range:1.60 ng/mL - 18.80 ng/mL

Still waiting for results on Testosterone, will update tomorrow.
Age 25, pretty fit, can see abs, walk every day, lift 2x-3x week. Depression, wake up multiple times a night, especially near morning.

Diet
Potato, rice, OJ, muscle meats, gelatin, eggs, coconut oil, liver sometimes, tons of mushrooms. Low to no PUFA.

Supps
oral pregnenolone (40 mg/day), 2-3 g of eggshell calcium, BCAA, tyrosine, lycine, taurine, Vit D (5,000 IU), E (400 IU/day), A (15,000 IU/day), K2 (5-60 mg/day), aspirin (80mg 4x week), niacinamide (500 mg 3x week), methylene blue (1mg/day). Cyproheptadine (1 -2 mg 3x week).

I feel pretty good (provided I had decent sleep the previous night), look fine, but clearly I'm under some serious stress with high TSH Prolactin and Cort. Need to fix sleep to lower stress but need to lower stress to be ably to sleep soundly.

Having more digestion issues lately. Maybe related to OJ causing stomach aches and irritation

Any other ideas based on this and my labs?
Just looking at your labs and not reading comments yet, here is my .2

Your T3 and T4 are not bad, but tsh not optimal. I immediately thought some gut issues. Also high cortisol came to mind when I read your amount exercise and your limited diet. High cortisol....sleep issues....

frant26

Same for me. Following a Peat inspired diet for three years, sometimes with supplements and sometimes without. While definitely far from perfect (I traveled a lot and also had bouts of acute/mental stress) my labs come slowly but steadily worse over the years. For example, TSH started at 3.9 about 3 years ago, today it's 6. Prolactin at 21, today it's at 33. Apart from the incompetence of endocrinologists, what has remained constant is my waking temperature of exactly 96.2 degrees, I can predict it like clockwork every single morning, even taking thyroid, casein, aspirin or activated charcoal the night before; and leaving the thermometer under my arm for 5-10 min prior.

Anyway, I'm in for more, I was commenting to subscribe the thread and it got a bit long :)

Agent207

I wouldn't go the calcium route, it will probably make it worse. Calcium is OK from foods up to 1gr. The key factor is keeping PTH low through magnesium, k2 and 25(OH)D levels, not calcium.

"Peat's diet" may probably be one of the most destructive diets long term. Sugar, calcium, caffeine and long chain SFA in excess... along with avoiding intense exercising. Nice recipe for disaster (I mean for an already normal healthy individual).

The main advise that has true value is not overdoing with pufas. The rest is just common sense; true unprocessed food, energy mainly from carbs, light, anaerobic exercise, and stress managing. Not rocket science.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals