You have to test your vitamin D!

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Hi there.

Yes, still needing around 10,000 iu daily. 5,000 is not enough for me to keep my levels up.

Since this post, I have learned a bit more about vitamin D.

I am someone who will need that much as long as I am not torso exposed to the sun daily.

peter88

Great, thanks. I’m just starting vitamin d supplementation after my levels came back low. After summer, my level increased just 3 ng/ml and now it’s back down to 20 ng/ml. I think with my skin type being quite tan, I require a high amount of full body sunlight year round in order to raise my levels to something optimal.

RealNeat

Thanks Yucca. I cannot seem to tolerate K2 at all. It always induces heart palpitations after few days. I am trying to keep eating pastured eggs and certain cheeses and liver for K2.
I think the same thing happens to me. Have you tried k1? It's not as cardioactive. Your body should convert it unless you have been on antibiotics recently.

Have you used coq10 before? Does that also give you palps?

OP
xeliex

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I think the same thing happens to me. Have you tried k1? It's not as cardioactive. Your body should convert it unless you have been on antibiotics recently.

I've always considered coq10 and recommend it for patients but never gotten to take it myself yet.
I think Ray has always said that it's good but that similar benefits for cheaper can be obtained from K.
I also think Ray always refers to K1 as you mention, RealNeat, and allows for the body to regulate the conversion to K2.
Come to think of it right now, it might make more biological sense and might be safer.

RealNeat

I've always considered coq10 and recommend it for patients but never gotten to take it myself yet.
I think Ray has always said that it's good but that similar benefits for cheaper can be obtained from K.
I also think Ray always refers to K1 as you mention, RealNeat, and allows for the body to regulate the conversion to K2.
Come to think of it right now, it might make more biological sense and might be safer.
I only ask about coq10 because it can have the same cardioactive effects as k2. Yes k1 doesn't usually cause the palps.

aniciete

Do you know of any good brands of k1?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals