My Brother Has Been Diagnosed With Muscular Dystrophy

OP
R

Ryan999

Some claim MD is genetic. My father had a distant cousin who was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy although we do not know of anyone else who has it. He was in his 60s when he was diagnosed. I know this is a problem that can bring tears to the eyes of the family members no matter the age. I am very sorry for your news. Has anyone recommended Vit E?

I have two Adele Davis Books where she states that Vit E, d-alpha Tocopherol when started soon enough will help tremendously. Also a few alternative health books contain similar information.

On this forum there is a link to an Adele Davis book: London - George Allen & Unwin Ltd first published in Great Britain in 1961. I cannot recommend it for this purpose. I downloaded the PDF and looked at it. Comparing that edition to what I have on hand I see that the older edition does not sufficiently cover this problem. I hope a few typed quotes from her revised edition will help you find more trials. I never checked PubMed, etc.

"Let's Eat Right To Keep Fit" (revised Edition)
1970 Harcourt and Brace Jovanovich, Inc. New York, USA
Chapter 20, pg 153
Muscular Dystrophy, produced in every type of animal severely deficient in vitamin E, is said to have doubled in the past 10 years. In this disease, muscle cells break down and are replaced by useless scar tissue. If vitamin E is given before the disease becomes advanced, recovery occurs quickly. . . . [snip]

In her books she never recommends any other Vit E except Alpha tocopherol or d-Alpha Tocopherol.

The Linus Pauling Institute Fall/Winter 2004 Research Report
"All about E"
- - - "but we are finding that the body works very hard to exclude forms of vitamin E other than alpha-tocopherol"
pg 3 -
Q & A
"We are currently studying gamma-tocopherol. We found that the body works hard to excrete it, while alpha-tocopherol is retained. Some studies in rats have found that gamma-tocopherol inhibits platelet aggregation, but it isn't clear if this is related to an antioxidant function or something else. "

I stopped getting their reports so I do not have the follow up on their gamma-tocopherol research.

Dr. Peat also recommends Alpha Tocopherol.

I hope your brother improves 100 percent!
Awesome, thank you very much for the kind words. I will definitely look into the vitamin E for him and will probably purchase some. I may go with the A, D, E, K vitamin combination product that Georgi sells on his website. Thank you very much again. I will look into the sources you posted.

OP
R

Ryan999

Yep, his parathyroid hormone could be lower which would help his symptoms, and his TSH is a tad elevated, both of which are lowered by dietary calcium and vitamin D (although his vit D is ok as is, especially since he’s not eating much calcium). also cheese and goat milk are often much easier to digest than milk and provide great amounts of calcium
Great, thank you very much for the advice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals