Any Success In Treating Heel Spurs Using Vitamin K2 ?

marteagal

Hi everyone,

as plantar fasciopathy (plantar fasciitis) / heel spur has its basis in soft tissue calcification, I was wondering whether vitamin K2 might resolve that issue.

To my suprise, a search on the forum did not confirm this. Instead, it was recommended to take gelatin, to apply red light, and to the perform specific exercises.

However, via google I found a post on paleohacks.com, establishing a possible link: Stephen_Boulet wrote on 03 January 2012: "For me, vitamin K-2 has been an important part of my treatment. I've taken 1000 mcg of K2-MK7 and 5 mg of K2-MK4, with good results for pain management. I've also found that very deep massage of the calves and fascia to be very helpful (via the Graston technique). My thought is that, as the malformed collagen and the trigger points are straightend out, the K2 helps prevent excess calcium from getting in the tissues as they heal."

Now I am wondering if - in the meantime - anybody around here has resolved their heel spur(s) by supplementing vitamin K2? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you could share the effective K2 dose and how long it took for you.

So far, low dose (2 mg) vitamin K2 supplementation (Estroban, 8 drops, transdermally) the last three months has not helped. Because of that, 6 mg of Thorne's K2, split in 3 doses, daily, were added one or two weeks ago, but this has also not improved the condition yet.

If I knew that, for example, 3 x 15 mg K2 daily over 3 months or so would help, I would buy a few bottles of K2, despite the high costs.

... or is there just no point at all in thinking that K2 is a potential remedy for the spur?

Thanks in advance!

ineffable500

Hi Marteagal,

I just found this thread after starting a somewhat similar one in this same forum, entitled "Sprained Ankle, DMSO Topical Treatments, Tyromax And Throid"

I have been wondering the same things about Estroban or K2 topical treatments for excess calcification, and seeing your negative results for heel spurs, so far, is interesting. I will still try Estroban for my ankle. Your citation above from paleohacks.com is also interesting. Thanks,

Zarrin Leff

OP
M

marteagal

Actually, there are news: After taking about 15 mg (3 x 5 mg) daily for over a month (and still continuing), my mother's heel spur is no longer troublesome. There is still tiny pain, but somewhat reduced. She can literally walk for 1 or 2 hours and it's completely fine with her, whereas e.g., in April, the pain was so dramatic that she avoided each unnecessary step!! Most of her dietary and supplements regime remained constant, except for B3 which she had upped within the one month where symptoms got much better. So, maybe, the effect, if it stems from Thorne's K2 at all (who knows?), might be cofounded. However, I believe, that K2 was, at least, the largest contributor. Btw, she has had the heel spur for over 14 months. For me, this indicates, that the heel spur didn't just get better by some amazing fluke; it's probably more than mere coincidence ... but just my opinion. As said elsewhere, my mother has also started Buteyko breathing but this was after her spur had already substantially improved. Maybe it now aids healing.

M

marikay

Hi.

I don't have heel spurs but thought I might mention that since starting K2 (from @healthnatura) I've noticed that my feet feel better somehow than they used to. There's less swelling at the end of the day and less pooling of blood between my heel and ankle. Not sure if there's any connection to heal spurs but perhaps the calcification removal is aided by the blood thickening that vitamin K helps. I wasn't sure if K2 would help with the blood thinning from aspirin but it does seem to work just as well as K1 in that regard. Haven't noticed much in the way of calcification removal but then again I just started it a week or so ago.

healthgossip

Actually, there are news: After taking about 15 mg (3 x 5 mg) daily for over a month (and still continuing), my mother's heel spur is no longer troublesome. There is still tiny pain, but somewhat reduced. She can literally walk for 1 or 2 hours and it's completely fine with her, whereas e.g., in April, the pain was so dramatic that she avoided each unnecessary step!! Most of her dietary and supplements regime remained constant, except for B3 which she had upped within the one month where symptoms got much better. So, maybe, the effect, if it stems from Thorne's K2 at all (who knows?), might be cofounded. However, I believe, that K2 was, at least, the largest contributor. Btw, she has had the heel spur for over 14 months. For me, this indicates, that the heel spur didn't just get better by some amazing fluke; it's probably more than mere coincidence ... but just my opinion. As said elsewhere, my mother has also started Buteyko breathing but this was after her spur had already substantially improved. Maybe it now aids healing.
Mg or mcg?

Dave Clark

I recommended K2 to a friend about 5 years ago. I mostly recommended it to him because I read that K2 was helpful for kidney stones. He reported back to me that his kidney stones would ebb and flow, but, he had heel spurs that had gone away.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals