Progest-e Or Tocovit + Progestene (or Cortinon+ 3:1 Or 8:1)?

Discussion in 'Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs' started by Recoen, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Recoen

Recoen Member

Title says it all.

Any advice from those who have tried all - specifically women?

Is there enough tocopherols in the progestene/ cortinon+ that the tocovit isn't needed?

If you ate high PUFA previously, then would you add the tocovit?

Is the vit E in tocovit different than progestene and cortinon+?

2. OP
    Recoen

Recoen Member

3. Evolutionarily

Evolutionarily Member

Also interested in the answer to this :) Specifically would there be any benefit/synergy to topically applying Progestene and Tocovit?

4. JKX

JKX Member

I can give you a Male perspective. I'm sure others will chime in. I havent tried progest E.

Cortinon+ is excellent but it would depend what you hope to achieve by taking it? The 8:1 may be more beneficial for someone over the age of around 30 (thats me).

Tocovit is my favorite vit E supplement. A good addition for anyone. Most notably I experienced benefits to skin and hair after the first month or 2.

5. LucyL

LucyL Member

I have CortiNon+, Progest E and Tocovit. I recently stopped the TocoVit for a bit due to the presence of eyebags, some have suggested it may contribute. I'm still taking a Gamma Tocoperol E supplement. I take a lot of Progest E, due to being on AIs. I bought the CortiNon+ for the DHEA, no issues with it, but I should have saved some money and gone with the straight CortiNon for the DHEA, since I'm sure I take more than enough Progest E to make CortiNon+ ratio in my system. I like the Progest E, have no issues with it. It hasn't stopped hot flashes, or prevented arthritis, but it did clear up leaky bladder :cool:

I try not to eat high PUFA, I don't count on ProgestE for the vit E.

6. laleto12

laleto12 Member

How much/often have you used TocoVit? in what dosages

7. JKX

JKX Member

When I first took it I used a half dose every day for 6 months (375iu). I still use approx 100iu every day, sometimes a little more if I've eaten restaurant food.

8. laleto12

laleto12 Member

Wow above 200 IU gives me joint problems.
    I have this problem with DHT Cream as well it might be due to low estrogen which I find it weird

9. OP
    Recoen

Recoen Member

Thank you! Do you use all three orally or transdermal?

10. OP
    Recoen

Recoen Member

Thank you! Same question, oral or transdermal?

11. JKX

JKX Member

Ive only ever used tocovit orally. Cant advise on topical use, sorry.

Cortinon topically. I put the drops on the inside of my elbow. Seems to absorb almost instantly and I notice a slight increase in pulse and ease of breathing almost immediately.

12. LucyL

LucyL Member

ProgestE and Cortinon orally - I rub them on my gums. The Tocavit I applied transdermally, and the Gamma E is oral.

13. schultz

schultz Member

I don't take Tocovit at the same time as something like Progest-e or Pansterone as the Tocovit has MCT which I feel like might cause the hormones to go to the liver via portal vein instead of the chylomicron system (lymph system?). Just a precaution. I could be wrong as well.

There is probably enough vitamin E in Progest-E if you're taking 2 or 3 drops a day. Our requirement is pretty low. I think 50 IU's per day is enough for most of us. I take Tocovit when I eat multiple eggs or eat liver or something.