Progest-e Or Tocovit + Progestene (or Cortinon+ 3:1 Or 8:1)?

Recoen

Title says it all.

Any advice from those who have tried all - specifically women?

Is there enough tocopherols in the progestene/ cortinon+ that the tocovit isn't needed?

If you ate high PUFA previously, then would you add the tocovit?

Is the vit E in tocovit different than progestene and cortinon+?

Also interested in the answer to this :) Specifically would there be any benefit/synergy to topically applying Progestene and Tocovit?

JKX

I can give you a Male perspective. I'm sure others will chime in. I havent tried progest E.

Cortinon+ is excellent but it would depend what you hope to achieve by taking it? The 8:1 may be more beneficial for someone over the age of around 30 (thats me).

Tocovit is my favorite vit E supplement. A good addition for anyone. Most notably I experienced benefits to skin and hair after the first month or 2.

LucyL

I have CortiNon+, Progest E and Tocovit. I recently stopped the TocoVit for a bit due to the presence of eyebags, some have suggested it may contribute. I'm still taking a Gamma Tocoperol E supplement. I take a lot of Progest E, due to being on AIs. I bought the CortiNon+ for the DHEA, no issues with it, but I should have saved some money and gone with the straight CortiNon for the DHEA, since I'm sure I take more than enough Progest E to make CortiNon+ ratio in my system. I like the Progest E, have no issues with it. It hasn't stopped hot flashes, or prevented arthritis, but it did clear up leaky bladder :cool:

I try not to eat high PUFA, I don't count on ProgestE for the vit E.

laleto12

I can give you a Male perspective. I'm sure others will chime in. I havent tried progest E.

Cortinon+ is excellent but it would depend what you hope to achieve by taking it? The 8:1 may be more beneficial for someone over the age of around 30 (thats me).

Tocovit is my favorite vit E supplement. A good addition for anyone. Most notably I experienced benefits to skin and hair after the first month or 2.
How much/often have you used TocoVit? in what dosages

JKX

When I first took it I used a half dose every day for 6 months (375iu). I still use approx 100iu every day, sometimes a little more if I've eaten restaurant food.

laleto12

When I first took it I used a half dose every day for 6 months (375iu). I still use approx 100iu every day, sometimes a little more if I've eaten restaurant food.
Wow above 200 IU gives me joint problems.
I have this problem with DHT Cream as well it might be due to low estrogen which I find it weird

OP
Recoen

Recoen

Thank you! Do you use all three orally or transdermal?

OP
Recoen

Recoen

I have CortiNon+, Progest E and Tocovit. I recently stopped the TocoVit for a bit due to the presence of eyebags, some have suggested it may contribute. I'm still taking a Gamma Tocoperol E supplement. I take a lot of Progest E, due to being on AIs. I bought the CortiNon+ for the DHEA, no issues with it, but I should have saved some money and gone with the straight CortiNon for the DHEA, since I'm sure I take more than enough Progest E to make CortiNon+ ratio in my system. I like the Progest E, have no issues with it. It hasn't stopped hot flashes, or prevented arthritis, but it did clear up leaky bladder :cool:

I try not to eat high PUFA, I don't count on ProgestE for the vit E.
Thank you! Same question, oral or transdermal?

JKX

Ive only ever used tocovit orally. Cant advise on topical use, sorry.

Cortinon topically. I put the drops on the inside of my elbow. Seems to absorb almost instantly and I notice a slight increase in pulse and ease of breathing almost immediately.

schultz

I don't take Tocovit at the same time as something like Progest-e or Pansterone as the Tocovit has MCT which I feel like might cause the hormones to go to the liver via portal vein instead of the chylomicron system (lymph system?). Just a precaution. I could be wrong as well.

There is probably enough vitamin E in Progest-E if you're taking 2 or 3 drops a day. Our requirement is pretty low. I think 50 IU's per day is enough for most of us. I take Tocovit when I eat multiple eggs or eat liver or something.