kaydeegee

I've got a bottle of Progest-E in my cart, and before I click buy, I want to clear up some uncertainties I have about progesterone. For some reason I'm a little nervous to use it?

24/F | 5ft.3" | 120 lbs | Eating pretty peaty, while maintaining food freedom / having grace with myself if I eat a fry once in a while. Coffee with milk & honey after breakfast; including gelatin, oysters, liver, and fruit... You know the drill.

My cycles are quite regular: 26-29 days, with ovulation confirmed between day 14 & 17 each month. I'd like to lengthen my luteal phase (goal to increase from 11-12 to 14 days) and eliminate spotting that I normally have in the couple days leading up to my period. I also get some course hair growth on my chin: I pluck a few hairs most days around ovulation & leading up to/during my period... I'd be over the moon to make this stop or at least slow it down some.

For the women out there: Do you have recommendations for progesterone "best practices" for a gal in child-bearing years hoping to reach hormonal balance? I'm curious about:
- How much to take
- Frequency of dose
- What to dilute it with (I've heard it's sticky?)
- Topical vs. ingested
- How to know if I've taken too much / are there risks to adding this to my routine?

I'm grateful for all insights shared! TIA <3

L_C

I've got a bottle of Progest-E in my cart, and before I click buy, I want to clear up some uncertainties I have about progesterone. For some reason I'm a little nervous to use it?

24/F | 5ft.3" | 120 lbs | Eating pretty peaty, while maintaining food freedom / having grace with myself if I eat a fry once in a while. Coffee with milk & honey after breakfast; including gelatin, oysters, liver, and fruit... You know the drill.

My cycles are quite regular: 26-29 days, with ovulation confirmed between day 14 & 17 each month. I'd like to lengthen my luteal phase (goal to increase from 11-12 to 14 days) and eliminate spotting that I normally have in the couple days leading up to my period. I also get some course hair growth on my chin: I pluck a few hairs most days around ovulation & leading up to/during my period... I'd be over the moon to make this stop or at least slow it down some.

For the women out there: Do you have recommendations for progesterone "best practices" for a gal in child-bearing years hoping to reach hormonal balance? I'm curious about:
- How much to take
- Frequency of dose
- What to dilute it with (I've heard it's sticky?)
- Topical vs. ingested
- How to know if I've taken too much / are there risks to adding this to my routine?

I'm grateful for all insights shared! TIA <3
I'm going to take a bullet to be the first to reply.

Personally, I would do hormonal blood work first. Do you have a history of fibroids, cysts on ovaries, birth control? Then, it's more likely you're estrogen dominant and would benefit from progesterone but blood work should be done first.

Then, you take progesterone the last two weeks of your cycle (day 15-28). I take haidut's progesterone internally. I don't dilute in anything. It's not sticky. When it comes to how much, it's a tricky question. I would say it's depended on your estrogen. Somewhere, I read 10mg it's a maintenance dose. But if you have excess of estrogen, dosing should be different.

kaydeegee

I'm going to take a bullet to be the first to reply.

Personally, I would do hormonal blood work first. Do you have a history of fibroids, cysts on ovaries, birth control? Then, it's more likely you're estrogen dominant and would benefit from progesterone but blood work should be done first.

Then, you take progesterone the last two weeks of your cycle (day 15-28). I take haidut's progesterone internally. I don't dilute in anything. It's not sticky. When it comes to how much, it's a tricky question. I would say it's depended on your estrogen. Somewhere, I read 10mg it's a maintenance dose. But if you have excess of estrogen, dosing should be different.

Thank you! This is a great point. Collecting data can only be useful if I want to see tangible changes. I'll look into what my options are for bloodwork.

Jon2547

Can men take progesterone? I keep seeing this and another pregnelone (sp?) mentioned on this board. But I am wary of hormones. Having said that, I have had such great sucess with MB and Niacinamide that it just feels like the next thing to do would be to try one of these lesser harmful hormones. Or maybe some cistance.

neuroplasma

Can men take progesterone? I keep seeing this and another pregnelone (sp?) mentioned on this board. But I am wary of hormones. Having said that, I have had such great sucess with MB and Niacinamide that it just feels like the next thing to do would be to try one of these lesser harmful hormones. Or maybe some cistance.
Bump