Any Success Lengthening Menstrual Cycle Without Progest-E

Francesca123

24F
Avg. cycle length: 27 days
Avg. bleeding time:4-5 days
Never had children

Since tracking my period I have noticed that my cycle is on the shorter side at 27 days. I am not sure how long this has been going on for because I think I used to count wrong, i.e from 1st day of last period to 1st day of the next, so I always thought I had a 28 day period. I am pretty sure I ovulate on day 14 so my follicular phase seems normal but my luteal phase is around 13 days which is shorter than I'd like.

I have used Progest-E in the past just to experiment and not specifically to lengthen my cycle but I actually found it made my periods change for the worse i.e. I bled for 7 days, had really sore breasts, and seemed to ovulate sooner than normal. Because of this I'd like to try and lengthen my cycle without Progest-E.

I am wondering whether anyone else has dealt with shorter cycles and successfully lengthened them without Progest-E.

Thank you

JenLN

I did not have any luck using progesterone cream/Progest -e to lenghten my cycles (23-25 days). Instead, it totally messed them up. My cycles got progressively wackier and wackier. I used for approixmately 8 cycles. It was clear what happened after Saliva testing.

My progesterone/estradiol ratio after I had not taken any progesterone for 6 months was 1859:1 (terrible progesterone dominance!!!). And this was using prog. doses typically around 10mg (but in the range of 3-20mg) for two weeks out of the month. My estradiol was in the menopause range, and I had no libido, water retention, weight gain, heartburn, and arthritic feet. Progesterone dominance is awful! I tested again 6 months later and my progesterone had gone way down, thankfully, but my estradiol was still in menopause range--and before the prog, I had never missed a period in my life. Most likely, the progesterone dominance totally messed up my own estradiol levels.

Currently trying to regain normalcy of hormones/ periods by using bi-est (not Peaty) and low dose Progest-e for 2-3 cycles. I know people are going to hate this, but the first time I used bi-est after suffering through months of progesterone dominance, I felt amazing, like a woman again. Bottomed out estradiol is NOT fun.

Smart move to not use prog. for that in my opinion.

OP
F

Francesca123

Thank
I did not have any luck using progesterone cream/Progest -e to lenghten my cycles (23-25 days). Instead, it totally messed them up. My cycles got progressively wackier and wackier. I used for approixmately 8 cycles. It was clear what happened after Saliva testing.

My progesterone/estradiol ratio after I had not taken any progesterone for 6 months was 1859:1 (terrible progesterone dominance!!!). And this was using prog. doses typically around 10mg (but in the range of 3-20mg) for two weeks out of the month. My estradiol was in the menopause range, and I had no libido, water retention, weight gain, heartburn, and arthritic feet. Progesterone dominance is awful! I tested again 6 months later and my progesterone had gone way down, thankfully, but my estradiol was still in menopause range--and before the prog, I had never missed a period in my life. Most likely, the progesterone dominance totally messed up my own estradiol levels.

Currently trying to regain normalcy of hormones/ periods by using bi-est (not Peaty) and low dose Progest-e for 2-3 cycles. I know people are going to hate this, but the first time I used bi-est after suffering through months of progesterone dominance, I felt amazing, like a woman again. Bottomed out estradiol is NOT fun.

Smart move to not use prog. for that in my opinion.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I had a some wacky things happen to me too on Progest-E! I had a 25 day cycle out of the blue, started ovulation bleeding, had awful breast pain from day 18 of my cycle, and bled for 7 days. I haven't taken Progest-E for 2 cycles now and already I have had an increase to 27 days, stopped ovulation bleeding, breast tenderness only came around day 23, and my bleeding only lasts 5 days. So I am hoping things will continue to improve. I completely agree that you do need a balance and your body is so much better at regulating itself.

Keep me updated on what you're doing to improve your hormones!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals