No menstruation after progesterone break

purbec

Hi gals and guys :):

I've been using progesterone this month for the first time - on day 26 i stopped expecting menstruation to begin day 28...but it hasn't - i'm now day 32 and i'm feeling extremely emotional/weak/anxious/sweaty - night sweats have been incredible since stopping progesterone.

Anyone had this happen to them?

Some history:

Tests showed very low progesterone and estrogen, yet very high testosterone.
Lab commented on my values of being that of a woman with no ovaries or post-menopausal ( i'm 35 with ovaries!)

I menstruate monthly - irregularly - some cycles are 26 days others are 36 days...average 34 days.
Lots of pelvic pains, night sweats, anxiety, weak bladder, headaches, frustration feelings, but yet i do menstruate.
All my research has lead me to believe i don't ovulate and menstruation is 'estrogen withdrawal bleeding' (very short 3 day bleeds but very heavy with clots - no blood 'flow')

I tried progesterone only once before for one day to see if i felt anything - just 3 drops of Progest-E on day 22 of my previous cycle - and i didn't bother with anymore dosings - but menstruation followed 2 days later - way earlier than normal! I didn't expect that to happen with a one-off low dose.

So this month i decided to take the progesterone properly from ovulation. Only low dosings per day....and like i said above - i've stopped but menstruation isn't following.

I don't yet have the normal pelvic pains, but my emotional state is awful, and night sweats, nightly peeing, low appetite...

What should i do?
Wait for menstruation to happen - no matter how long it takes?

Or just take a 7 day break from Progesterone and start it again?

Any ideas as to why this is happening, what's causing this delay (Im DEFFO not pregnant!) would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help :):

messtafarian

I've read that if one is extremely estrogen dominant, then adding progesterone at first will make the system respond as if it is getting more estrogen. One thing you know at this point is that the progesterone you are using *is* shifting your hormones so the fact that the cycle hasn't shown up yet is in a way a "good sign."

I would just count seven days and cycle through. It takes a awhile for the body to adjust to a shift in hormonal patterns. Your extra symptoms are also somewhat normal -- hormonal pattern shifts never really feel very good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals