Can progesterone cause delayed period?

LUH 3417

You’re welcome. :) I had to stop taking Progest-E altogether for the bleeding to stop. Thyroid supplementation and a change in diet, mainly increasing my fat and protein intake, normalized my cycle without the need for progesterone. I’ve since experimented with Progest-E again and though it doesn’t cause the same heavy bleeding, it still shortens my cycle.
Thanks, my instinct is telling me to use dietary interventions too. I hadn’t taken progest e for a while but thought I might do a little experiment. Appreciate you letting me know what worked for you.
My cycle has typically been 28 days although recently shifting to shorter cycles, around 26, with ovulation happening sooner too. So I thought it was progesterone deficiency but I will look into thyroid and more protein (as I haven’t been getting enough).

Panopticon

Are you implying that menstruation makes women age?
Stress is additive, I did a experiment of sleeping in my van life van at -15 C (5 F) to try to take it on a ski trip and could only do it for 5 days if not rebreathing my co2(co2 feels warm under 5 blankets) cold arms and feet produce as much estrogen as an ovary... this goes as Peat says unopposed estrogen damage of menopause, also, Peat says mortality is lowest for both boys and girls at 12 years old...

seeing the world as when you were a kid is the most important to not age... that's why I take progest E, it makes your brain whole like lsd without the negative side effects...

Jennifer

Thanks, my instinct is telling me to use dietary interventions too. I hadn’t taken progest e for a while but thought I might do a little experiment. Appreciate you letting me know what worked for you.
My cycle has typically been 28 days although recently shifting to shorter cycles, around 26, with ovulation happening sooner too. So I thought it was progesterone deficiency but I will look into thyroid and more protein (as I haven’t been getting enough).

My pleasure. :) I understand. I would have thought the same thing prior to learning that my thyroid was involved. This quote from Ray’s Progesterone Summaries article was a lightbulb moment for me:

“With a diet high in protein (e.g., at least 70-100 grams per day, including eggs) and vitamin A (not carotene), I have found that the dose of progesterone can be reduced each month. Using thyroid will usually reduce the amount of progesterone needed. Occasionally, a woman won't feel any effect even from 100 mg. of progesterone; I think this indicates that they need to use thyroid and diet, to normalize their estrogen, prolactin, and cortisol.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals