Polycistic ovaries and remedies

chiara.s

Hello, my name is Chiara. I'm 24 years old, 55 kg and tall 1.70m.
Since I first had my period I never had a regular cycle, I could have some break between one to the other of many months. At 20 years old I began to take the contraceptive pill which helped me a lot, also if the side effects were pretty strong at the beginning. After 2 years I stopped and since then my cycles began to come and go as before. Pause of 4 months or even 6, but if I had sexual activities I would get my period more often.
From may 2014 till October 2014 I didn't had any then one in November, and nothing until next May when I discovered to have polycystic ovaries. They prescribed me the pill for 3 months telling m that it would help to normalize the cycles. Since July then I didn't had any periods. I had to do multiple pregnancy tests for fear that the ovaries would hide it or even just to make me relax so they would arrive but nothing again. It's has been since a month now that I am using pregnenolone, once a week 300 mg, and progest e every day for two weeks then as prescribed I stopped to allow the cycles to come but I still don't get my period. Please excuse me for this long email, I'm just really tired of it and i just would like to find a balance and feel better. I did some exams and apparently the cause is not the thyroid, everything seems regular.
Now my questions are:
Is it true that the polycystic can not be fully cured?
Is the contraceptive pill the only solution to get my period?
Can I use it together with progest-e and pregnenolone?
What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Best Regards

tara

:welcome chiara.s

tara

HI Chiara,

I'm a bit unclear about what you are hoping for.
Return of regular menstruation?
Are you trying to encourage or avoid pregnancy?

I think there is sometimes doubt about the ways PCOS is diagnosed. If they haven't looked at the ovaries and seen the multiple cysts, they could be using circumstantial evidence from hormone levels etc.
Estrogen-based birth control pills have a number of problematic effects on health. I would not recommend them for restoring health. (Unwanted pregnancy can of course be a difficulty too, so if you are not wanting to be pregnant, make sure you have some more health-supportive methods in place.)
Even the artificial progestogen BCPs may have some harmful estrogenic effects.

If you haven't seen these articles by Peat about progesterone, I'd recommend them:
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/pr ... ries.shtml
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/pr ... ions.shtml
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ti ... ogen.shtml.

Do you have the results from the other tests you had? Peat and many here tend to take drs pronouncements about 'normal' thyroid levels with a grain of salt, esp. if they accompany symptoms of low metabolism. Drs often say they are normal up to TSH 4 or higher. Peat says few people with TSH over 2 are really healthy, and under 1 may be better.

I think there is a good chance you can get significant improvements by learning, observing your body, and figuring out how to support it well with nutrition and other tactics.
Some people have used progesterone (eg progest-e) to support healthy menstruation. It would tend to oppose the effects of estrogen-based BCP, so I would not recommend using them together.

You need to have adequate nutrition to restore health and reproductive function, too - protein, minerals, vitamins.
Under-eating (too few calories) can also cause irregular menstruation or loss of menstruation.
Want to tell something about what and how much you are eating?

Ulla

chiara.s said:
post 107843 Hello, my name is Chiara. I'm 24 years old, 55 kg and tall 1.70m.
Since I first had my period I never had a regular cycle, I could have some break between one to the other of many months. At 20 years old I began to take the contraceptive pill which helped me a lot, also if the side effects were pretty strong at the beginning. After 2 years I stopped and since then my cycles began to come and go as before. Pause of 4 months or even 6, but if I had sexual activities I would get my period more often.
From may 2014 till October 2014 I didn't had any then one in November, and nothing until next May when I discovered to have polycystic ovaries. They prescribed me the pill for 3 months telling m that it would help to normalize the cycles. Since July then I didn't had any periods. I had to do multiple pregnancy tests for fear that the ovaries would hide it or even just to make me relax so they would arrive but nothing again. It's has been since a month now that I am using pregnenolone, once a week 300 mg, and progest e every day for two weeks then as prescribed I stopped to allow the cycles to come but I still don't get my period. Please excuse me for this long email, I'm just really tired of it and i just would like to find a balance and feel better. I did some exams and apparently the cause is not the thyroid, everything seems regular.
Now my questions are:
Is it true that the polycystic can not be fully cured?
Is the contraceptive pill the only solution to get my period?
Can I use it together with progest-e and pregnenolone?
What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Best Regards

Hey - welcome!
I am having very similiar issues... PCOS, no period, been on pills... haven't found the magic formula yet.
My doctor said that my ovaries aren't as big as PCOS should be but I have many cysts and hormonal blood panel is in favour for PCOS.
I ordered haidut's progesterone... I wish that would help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals