• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Potato Juice

kettlebell

Hi Everyone,

I am going to make some potato juice and have seen everyone recommending a centrifugal juicer. Why not a masticating juicer?

A masticating juicer (A VERY good one) is all I have and surely it will extract the juice just as well as the centrifugal. I have juiced a lot of things in the past - Fruit, veg, small children etc and it does an incredible job of separating the juice from the pulp (I the case of potatoes most of the starch).

I was going to try it tonight and juice a few potatoes and fry the juice until golden brown and eat with some salt.

Surely a masticating juicer will do the job?

Ray-Z

kettlebell said:
Hi Everyone,

I am going to make some potato juice and have seen everyone recommending a centrifugal juicer. Why not a masticating juicer?

A masticating juicer (A VERY good one) is all I have and surely it will extract the juice just as well as the centrifugal. I have juiced a lot of things in the past - Fruit, veg, small children etc and it does an incredible job of separating the juice from the pulp (I the case of potatoes most of the starch).

I was going to try it tonight and juice a few potatoes and fry the juice until golden brown and eat with some salt.

Kettlebell: Do you purchase conventionally farmed children or the pastured kind?

narouz

Ray-Z said:
kettlebell said:
Hi Everyone,

Kettlebell: Do you purchase conventionally farmed children or the pastured kind?

:shock: :lol:

jyb

In your opinion, what are pros and cons of a masticating juicer vs centrifugal juicer?

@kettlebell: do you have any juicer recommendation for here in the UK? There's a range of juicers and prices on Amazon.co.uk.