Potatoes, gardening and healthy Irish women

Jennifer

Philomath said:
post 108373
Jennifer said:
post 107666 When I was at school ~40 years ago, and we were studying the Middle Ages, I learned to make a Ladies' Abess Pudding (sp?). I've just been googling for it with various spellings, but only found a bread variant. I guess the Internet hasn't captured the whole of human historical culture. Or maybe that search engine isn't optimised for my interest. :) What I made then was based on mashed potato, with lemon and sugar and I don't remember what else. I'm going to have to see if I can find my old cook-book.

Found this online in Google Books. It appears to be some historical recipes. The third one down has lemons, eggs and potato's…maybe what you're thinking of?

Here's the link:
https://books.google.com/books?id=BMFCA ... et&f=false

Ooh...nice find, Philomath! Thanks for posting this!

That's actually tara's quote above, not mine, so I can't say if that's the actual Ladies' Abess Pudding she was referring to. It looks good to me, though! I'll just swap out the dairy cream and butter for coconut cream and coconut oil and omit the wine since I'm not a fan of it. Now I just need to google how much a gill is. :?

Edit- A gill is a quarter of a pint.

Last edited by a moderator:

halken

If people are having trouble drinking potato juice, just add maple syrup to taste. It's a good mix. If you want to get crazy, you could soak a few mint leaves in the bottle over night.

tara

I guess if lemon barley drink is a thing, it could work with potato water instead? I haven't tried it, just speculating - I'm quite happy drinking it with beef stock and optional veges.

honeybee

Anyone notice reduced prolactin from the potato water or eating potatoes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals